Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:00

Clans Requesting skins

Do you agree to this?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perhaps this could be an alternative for clan skins? Clans that fill certain requirements can request a clan skin and then let the community vote Yes or No on it and then get a staff review?

(^Rough draft obviously^)

This suggestion is open to criticism and other ideas.

When I put forward the idea in Enclaves skin thread, I said that "Clans that fill certain requirements can request a clan skin and then let the community vote Yes or No on it and then get a staff review?".

Look at 'Certain requirements'. These requirements could be solidified by staff in the future (If something like this happens) but for now I've come up with a few of my own.

1 - Clans must have more than X amount of active members. Active meaning someone who plays on a regular basis. Not someone who hops on two or three times a month and plays for a couple of hours.

2 - Payment arrangements should be made by all members before the clan is allowed the skin. This means that if you have 15 people in your clan that are willing to buy the skin, they must have the money 'up-front' before the clan is allowed the skin.

3 - Clan skin will be automatically removed should the clan disband or become inactive. Simple enough really. The leader disbands his clan and the skin gets removed from the clan members.

4 - Any new clan members must be able to pay to use the clan's skin or they will be unable to perform Clan operations. Same as the XML rule basically.

Thanks Matt for your illumination !

This suggestion is open to criticism and other ideas.

When I put forward the idea in Enclaves skin thread, I said that "Clans that fill certain requirements can request a clan skin and then let the community vote Yes or No on it and then get a staff review?".

IDK man seems too complicated, Eachone buying a skin for himself is not that difficult.

Did you even pay attention?

The main idea is to insert new skins that clans want.

IDK man seems too complicated, Eachone buying a skin for himself is not that difficult.

Did you even pay attention?

The main idea is to insert new skins that clans want.

"This skin would then be paid by the leader a value(insert value here) and then everyone else can donate for it later on".

This is what I have problem with..

• Sapphire

Inserting clan skins is an idea.

However, I cannot think of many other skins people would want in the game, over than a few from Armaholic. Perhaps a trial period is in order, say clans come forward and ask for what skins they'd like, see if it's reasonable etc. :)

However, I cannot think of many other skins people would want in the game, over than a few from Armaholic. Perhaps a trial period is in order, say clans come forward and ask for what skins they'd like, see if it's reasonable etc. :)

There was also a DayZRP photo album of all skins,but I can't seem to find it.

It has all the skins that are supposed to be implemented.

• Sapphire

There was also a DayZRP photo album of all skins,but I can't seem to find it.

It has all the skins that are supposed to be implemented.

That'd be rather interesting to look at, perhaps you could search/ask around for the thread? Someone in helpdesk might know something, I would love to see this list. I have a few ideas of what skins could be implemented too.

CggiBOK.png

please this is all i've ever wanted

On topic, this idea wouldn't work. It would lessen the value of being a SContrib if all clans could do the same thing.

Since SContributors can't get a skin for themselves,and when they get one it's avalible to Contributors and up,then I don't see why it shouldn't work the way I stated in the OP...

CggiBOK.png

On topic, this idea wouldn't work. It would lessen the value of being a SContrib if all clans could do the same thing.

Since SContributors can't get a skin for themselves,and when they get one it's avalible to Contributors and up,then I don't see why it shouldn't work the way I stated in the OP...

SContribs get to put in skins because they donated an insane amount of monies to Rolle.

This is their reward. Contributors get to use these skins because they ALSO donated a shit load of money.

Comparing $50 to $100 or $200 is ridiculous. That's half of the former and a quarter of the latter. It doesn't work.

CggiBOK.png

SContribs get to put in skins because they donated an insane amount of monies to Rolle.

This is their reward. Contributors get to use these skins because they ALSO donated a shit load of money.

Comparing $50 to $100 or $200 is ridiculous. That's half of the former and a quarter of the latter. It doesn't work.

I stated that he can choose what to do with the skin(make it avalible for more donor types for example).

• MVP

What people are doing is focusing on a certain part of what has been said and that's "Clans can choose what skin they want".

Look at 'Certain requirements'. These requirements could be solidified by staff in the future (If something like this happens) but for now I've come up with a few of my own.

1 - Clans must have more than X amount of active members. Active meaning someone who plays on a regular basis. Not someone who hops on two or three times a month and plays for a couple of hours.

2 - Payment arrangements should be made by all members before the clan is allowed the skin. This means that if you have 15 people in your clan that are willing to buy the skin, they must have the money 'up-front' before the clan is allowed the skin.

3 - Clan skin will be automatically removed should the clan disband or become inactive. Simple enough really. The leader disbands his clan and the skin gets removed from the clan members.

4 - Any new clan members must be able to pay to use the clan's skin or they will be unable to perform Clan operations. Same as the XML rule basically.

Another 'rough draft' but I gave this about 10 minutes of thought.

• Sapphire

It would also lower the number of innocents killed in miss-identification during firefights

• Sapphire

Id like to see the leader of a clan wearing a Darth Vader skin and the rest of the clan wearing stormtrooper skins that would be cool. :D

The problem I find is:

1) this means everyone in the clan looks the same, makes it difficult to tell them apart

2) It limits the clan members to just those who donate, making it unfair on the general populace

• Sapphire

The problem I find is:

1) this means everyone in the clan looks the same, makes it difficult to tell them apart

2) It limits the clan members to just those who donate, making it unfair on the general populace

Well are clan tend to stick with the same skins but i wear white balaclava to stand out from everyone else so people can wear different head gear if they wish and you can always change your facial features.

My clan revolves around the same headgear being our thing, and clans like duty, who wear gas masks do the same. This is the problem i have.

and also my second point about donaters being the only ones allowed in clans if this goes through.

• Sapphire

My clan revolves around the same headgear being our thing, and clans like duty, who wear gas masks do the same. This is the problem i have.

and also my second point about donaters being the only ones allowed in clans if this goes through.

I dont see the problem with them all looking the same you will know who people are in DUTY due to their voice and its only ever the highest rank that speaks (as far as i know) so.....

But yes the only problem i see is with people having to donate for it....which really isn't that big of a deal its not like their forcing people to do it dont mean to sound harsh but if you don't want a skin then don't donate for one its as simple as that.

You can still be in a clan without a skin....Its only the big military clans that need em really.

Imagine how ridiculous it would be for SVR with its 20 or so members all running around with civilian clothes during a firefight it would be retarded to say the least...

I dont see the problem with them all looking the same you will know who people are in DUTY due to their voice and its only ever the highest rank that speaks (as far as i know) so.....

But yes the only problem i see is with people having to donate for it....which really isn't that big of a deal its not like their forcing people to do it dont mean to sound harsh but if you don't want a skin then don't donate for one its as simple as that.

You can still be in a clan without a skin....Its only the big military clans that need em really

It would work as a cheap "Clan skin" and of course it would help not only the clan,but the community,since we would all get more skins.

Okay that is understandable, and I do see how it could be good IF IT WAS OPTIONAL.

However, the rules proposed state that clans must have a clan skin that they pay for the pleasure of having and if they disband and come back again they lose it (problem one) and that all members will then have to donate in order to be in the clan and make the most out of this mod meaning you can't be in a clan without donating (problem 2).

If I have gotten this information wrong then I apologize, but from what I see, I just don't think it is worth it.