Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 09:02

Is this considered powergaming?

>have 2 hostages from different clan

>ask first guy to kill the other to live

>said no

>ask the 2nd guy the same

>said yes

Is that allowed? I was about to give him the go-go when I got interrupted on TS that it would be Powergaming, but I don't see how?

Why would this be considered powergaming?

Also,if the hostages have been pretty much respecting your orders,doing this would be considered RDM...

But if both are from big enemy clans that oppose you,it's okay to do it.

Guest Whazmeister

I don't know about powergaming. But I'm pretty sure in the supplemental rules it states that you have to keep your hostages safe and healthy. I don't think letting two hostages kill each other agree to that.

• Legend

I see why no reason this should not be aloud? If you are going to kill them anyway you may as well make it interesting.

It's just a fancy form of execution (a way for you to kill your hostages) -- you need to have a good reason as to why you're executing hostages, otherwise it's RDM on your part.

We had a good reason, both ended up dying btw.

Don't worry, we always have a good reason and we never execute for no reason.

EDIT: We were questioning the 1st hostage for a good 20 minutes until the 2nd guy showed up by a coincidence.

I see why no reason this should not be aloud? If you are going to kill them anyway you may as well make it interesting.

My Point exactly, but I wanna be 100% sure

• MVP

We had this discussion around chernarussian roulette and IRA games.

Basically if you have a legit reason to execute them anyway its fair game as long as RPed correctly. If you don't have a RP reason to execute them its against the rules.

Basically if you have a legit reason to execute them anyway its fair game as long as RPed correctly. If you don't have a RP reason to execute them its against the rules.

Okay.. But, "Jerry Says" was horrible though, you killed CIVIS for not "complying" to sitting down ??

In my case, they were both enemies of al-Takizh, and I had a very good reason to kill them, which I did in the end, but it would of been cooler to let the 1st hostage to kill the 2nd to be able to live! would love to hear a staffs opinion

• MVP

Okay.. But, "Jerry Says" was horrible though, you killed CIVIS for not "complying" to sitting down ??

In my case, they were both enemies of al-Takizh, and I had a very good reason to kill them, which I did in the end, but it would of been cooler to let the 1st hostage to kill the 2nd to be able to live! would love to hear a staffs opinion

Exactly - there was no RP reason to execute them in that case - so it's against the rules.

In your case they are enemy clans and you have rights to execute them (as long as done well), so you are allowed :)

It depends on the reasoning.

If they were randoms that you never met before...No. It'd be considered an Unlawful Execution, since technically you're the one executing the chap, you're just not wielding the axe.

If you knew them, and had a viable reason to kill them, go for it is what I say.