Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 05:41

[Close Please]

GingerHippo

• MVP

So, I've hit 93% Warning Level with a Formal Report still on-going and I've came to the conclusion that I'll most likely get perma-banned if the people don't realise that it was a mistake due to a bullet of the magazine skimming a targeted player and hitting an innocent one. I'm going to be sticking around to finish this report and try to sort it out but this is just in-case it goes through and I'm punished.

I've always loved this mod and wanted to make sure that it's always been a good laugh when playing on it, I've been banned 3 times before for breaking rules and from the last one, I've followed rules and tried to make sure I do all of the correct things to make it a fun experience for me and also others who are playing with me in-game.

Sorry if this is a pathetic way to leave but I'd rather be safe than get perma-banned as other DayZ Mods get boring after a while causing the game to become boring to play within a couple of hours.

Thankyou and I will be back (If I'm not banned) after Christmas time.

You could try just not breaking the rules all the time? Stop searching for action, I'm always seeing your name in reports for robbing someone or what not. Either way, hopefully you are not perma-banned, goodbye for now, or forever.

• Emerald

Well there are no mistakes in DayZRP, or at least that is the way that majority think. It's the way the community works "Report everything" and "Get people banned no matter what". People just don't realize that there might be mistakes and weird "ricochets" due to the ARMA 2 mechanics. I once missed a shot with a double barrel shotgun while shooting zombies in a church, a car drove past the same moment and I ended up killing a guy inside that car with one hit. This was discussed and all parties agreed it was a freak accident.

Not to mention the desyncs that are happening on the server on daily basis.

It's nice to see how people just gang up on someone just to get him punished even for a mistake that could have been caused by de-sync or simply the ARMA 2 mechanics. But then again if you all ready have 93% warning level there is something wrong with you understanding the rules and not being able to play by them. If you've been banned 3 times you haven't followed the rules. I think leaving the community is not going to save you from the punishment and only makes it worse as you try avoid judgement by leaving the community. Even if you are innocent and it was all a mistake I think this isn't going to work in your favor and you end up perma banned anyways. Something that could have been avoided by sticking around and talking things trough.

• MVP

You could try just not breaking the rules all the time? Stop searching for action, I'm always seeing your name in reports for robbing someone or what not. Either way, hopefully you are not perma-banned, goodbye for now, or forever.

Me and my group of friends are always bandits and for some reason, people seem to not appreciate it. We don't like playing as friendlies as we find it boring. Thankyou anyways.

Sounds to me like you may need to re-evaluate your play-style if you wish to not be perm'd.

Taking a break from playing until your warning level drops is not any kind of a long-term solution. Its merely a band-aid on a Huge gaping chest wound.

• Emerald

Me and my group of friends are always bandits and for some reason, people seem to not appreciate it. We don't like playing as friendlies as we find it boring. Thankyou anyways.

Well 3 bans clearly shows you don't know how to properly Roleplay a bandit. There are bandits that have never been banned because they know what they are doing and they can even provide good RP.

• MVP

Well there are no mistakes in DayZRP, or at least that is the way that majority think. It's the way the community works "Report everything" and "Get people banned no matter what". People just don't realize that there might be mistakes and weird "ricochets" due to the ARMA 2 mechanics. I once missed a shot with a double barrel shotgun while shooting zombies in a church, a car drove past the same moment and I ended up killing a guy inside that car with one hit. This was discussed and all parties agreed it was a freak accident.

Not to mention the desyncs that are happening on the server on daily basis.

It's nice to see how people just gang up on someone just to get him punished even for a mistake that could have been caused by de-sync or simply the ARMA 2 mechanics. But then again if you all ready have 93% warning level there is something wrong with you understanding the rules and not being able to play by them. If you've been banned 3 times you haven't followed the rules. I think leaving the community is not going to save you from the punishment and only makes it worse as you try avoid judgement by leaving the community. Even if you are innocent and it was all a mistake I think this isn't going to work in your favor and you end up perma banned anyways. Something that could have been avoided by sticking around and talking things trough.

That's what it seems to be full of these days and it's really annoying as I'm really a nice guy IRL and do things correctly ect. I'm going to be sticking around to sort this out as it would look really weird if I just left without sorting it. I've also been banned for NLR, KoS and Combat Logging - One of these was a mistake as well as I was tired (and should of came off to prevent such a thing) and just ran back to Raven's Nest after dieing, KoS was ages ago with IRA after they didn't hear my initiation and the Combat Logging was because I logged of 8 minutes before I could of after robbing someone.

All aren't too bad to be honest but thanks for replying with what you think.

If you are unsure about the identity of your target,nor unsure to hit the right one.

It is true that you cant control the bullet after it left your weapon, but infact, you already controlled it by aiming and shooting.

Im just stating my opinion here, due to alot of people leaving to avoid getting banned because of their high warning level.

This mod isnt ment to be played borderline to getting banned.

If you are unsure dont shoot.

If you cannot not break the rules and play hero for a bit, than you really should overthink your playstile.

• MVP

Sounds to me like you may need to re-evaluate your play-style if you wish to not be perm'd.

Taking a break from playing until your warning level drops is not any kind of a long-term solution. Its merely a band-aid on a Huge gaping chest wound.

Yeah, I might re-think the play-style but like I've said "I don't like being friendly" - It seems like I do robberies fine but then the after-maths of them seem to end wrong. Causing bans on me. I'm not trying to get away from the ban or anything, I'm just doing it as I'd rather not get accused of something which results in me get banned forever. I've already said that I'm going to stick around and sort this report out so this is for after.

There exist bandits who dont get banned. Bandits can follow the Rules.

Since when is bandit = not following rules?!

There have been plenty around who have been bandits forever, Roleplayed shit out and never got reported. Simple to the fact they know the rules and can play with them.

Guest whitepointer

Man, when people say that you should re-evaluate your play style, it doesn't mean you have to ''be friendly''.

However merely to be aware of what you are doing when undergoing such things and incorporate the rules into the situation.

This can be seen by many, theirs alot of 'bandits' out there who have accumulated zip warning points.

• Sapphire

You break the rules = you get banned. Deal with it.

You wouldn't have to worry about "magazine skimming" mistake if you haven't broken the rules previously.