Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:36

Ban appeal for Devin "Moto" Bauman

Link to report : LINK http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-s2-rdm-misidentification-at-sgru-turn-27-11-2013-22-40?page=3

Why the verdict is not fair : I was accused of lying when I was not.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) : I was accused of killing a man that had killed my friend Kim Il Sung (his name is now Kim Hyeong Sung). The report says that I killed a BHM man and then covered it up with my friends death to make it sound like I just RDMed him, But what really happened was when we were scoping the hill my friend Kim was shot from behind so I returned fire. I do not know why I was accused of lying. I swear that I was not lying and i would like Kim to tell his side of the story or how I killed the man who killed him.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal : To lose my warning points I gained and get un banned. I will take what comes to me though.

What could you have done better? I could have been more active on the forum and have posted more evidence.

• Legend

I was scooping from the hill with my friends ( not sure of ingames names) everyone was yelling and it was very crazy. I had then see a BHM man come from behind us and murder one of my friends. I then focused him while he ran away and gunned him down with the others.

This is what you said in the report. You never said any names and you claimed that your friend was murdered. Also, your so-called friend wasn't with you before the shots started. How do you explain that?

I am very confused because me and him were on the hill with someone other randoms. When we were watching everyone a man must have flanked us and heard us talking because the random people were saying "shoot the BHM" I did not shoot anyone then. When the man heard that he must have just taken it as a threat and shot my friend Kim. If I can I would like to call Kim to the forum to have him be my evidence and tell his PoV of how he was with me the whole time and was killed and how I killed his killer right away.

• Legend

Do you have any video evidence to back up this story?

No one has video evidence sadly. The only way thing i can really give you is my word and swear to God I was not lying. I have been playing for about six months and i really love this mod and it really sucks to be accused of lying when I promise i was not.

• Legend

Please either link the forum account of this friend or tell me his in character name at the time.

• Legend

I require that Kim comes forward to confirm the details that have been told.

Be warned, if you are found lying in this appeal it may be grounds for additional punishments for you both. Considering your warning levels I urge you to consider this before a verdict is made.

There seems to have been some confusion, you claimed Kim died before you started shooting. According to the logs while he was hit before you retaliated he did not die for some time.

Kim has been given special dispensation to post in this appeal at my request.

During the firefight I was shot at by a unknown assailant causing me to yell out "I JUST GOT SHOT!" Afterwards I passed out and heard additional shots being fired. (I had no idea who shot me only was told that one of my friends killed the man who shot me before i died.)

• Legend

After reviewing the evidence extensively it appears there was some confusion when the original verdict was created. Evidence that indicated that Fruit was shot, if not killed immediately was missed which lead to the incorrect conclusion that you were in fact lying. Due to this I have decided the original facts of the case demand that I grant this appeal.

Appeal Granted.