Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:12

WIP Concept - Pub and Happy Hour event, needs CRs

Areas to improve  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This thread is a WIP.

Backstory - The Founding

The secluded town of what is now called Hawkington was originally run by an Amish community. Because of this, they were not affected by the initial outbreak. However the hordes soon moved in and the Amish, Living in their primitive ways, could not defend themselves against the onslaught of the undead and consequently the town turned to ruins, forgotten by our broken society. Months went by, years even, and the secluded town stayed hidden from the people of Chernarus.

Meanwhile, Commissioner Desmond Lawliet, suffering from recent injuries went on a walk to contemplate his life. It had been a few days before he saw a large Hawk with reddish feathers sitting on a nearby tree branch. Desmond was eager to see this bird up close so moved carefully towards it. He was less than 3 feet away when the magnificent bird spread its wings and flew swiftly through the brush behind it.

Desmonds jaw dropped when he followed. Sure, the place had a few zombie issues, but this place was perfect for sustainable life. So he set about clearing out the place. The shots must have been pretty loud because soon, a whole bunch of civilians flocked to the neighbourhood and helped to make repairs and erect a solid, defensible wall.

2 Weeks later, the town was thriving with life and was officially opened as Hawkington, in remembrance of the red hawk that brought prosperity to the town.

What does it do?

The town is aiming to provide the much needed safety and fun that we had back at our homes before this all started. In order to achieve this Distinguished helpers of the settlement can apply and will be offered a place to call home. The settlement will also contain a market to trade your wares in order to survive through another day, and a Pub, where you can drown your sorrows and forget about the apocalypse for a night

The Town

Images can be found bellow

http://imgur.com/a/51SiM

• Emerald

Did you use 3D editor to make this?

• MVP

OMG! - I CAN'T WAIT!

Also, nice design by the way. Looks like it can hold more people and vehicles that the other one. You might want to add a bit more to the middle as it looks a little empty and maybe stone walls instead of wood piles?

Location is awesome.

The camp itself though could use a bit of work, Everything looks good.

The thing i dont like though is that dead area in the middle that has nothing over there other then grass.

I think you should add some items there like tables and whatnot.

To sum up, You got my +1.

OMG! - I CAN'T WAIT!

Also, nice design by the way. Looks like it can hold more people and vehicles that the other one. You might want to add a bit more to the middle as it looks a little empty and maybe stone walls instead of wood piles?

There are campfires with cushions placed around, but i do see your point

• Emerald

Looks awsome and keep the middle like it as at my opinion you can make the players come up with stuff themself like let them park there car there and have their own little trading area that they improvise themself

• Emerald

Don't really mind the huge open space but it would be good to maybe add something more there.

Also maybe add some flaming barrels or something. It looks like it's gonna be really dark, there at night. And if you only have the campfire you wont be able to see much around you.

I like the look of it, but I agree with Daniel, it's too big, and has nothing inside, I'd recommend condensing it and add some market stalls or something, like at Altar, if not it just looks too big and empty

• Sapphire

Great idea, but it looks a bit empty - the general outline is good, but I'd make it more 'homely' inside, rather than it being a huge empty space :)

lw7kQe9h.jpg

This building looks awesome, I've never seen it before and I like it.

Make the settlement smaller imo, perhaps mix up the wall materials a bit more (scrap objects, wood etc.) All that wood you've used for the wall could've been constructed into an entire village :P

Make it smaller in general too, or put in more objects to make it less empty and more natural.

And change the name imo, this settlement can be really unique and could be something cool. :)

• Legend

New Raven's Nest? Really?

You're aware of the fact that the name belongs to RSM?

Also:

Buildings are all okay.

Walls need to be changed and have some gaps protected with sandbags or something...

Make it smaller so buildings are much closer to each other and add more furniture and props.

• MVP

lw7kQe9h.jpg

Is this building one that is in the ArmA editor by default? Or is this something from a pack off ArmAholic?

Last I heard custom buildings were a no-go area for bases and camps. Although who knows? Maybe that's been changed recently.

Also it just seems so empty in the middle. I know placing things in the center may look out of place at first but if you keep an overall view of the middle and gradually work stuff in (like altars market stalls) or something similar then it will work out great.

first when i said New Ravens nest, i meant the replacement, not the name. It will be completely unrelated but share the pub idea.

Second, i like the names people are coming up with, especially hawkington

third, It will be made smaller, with perhaps a hole or two near the 3 gates

Forth, the thread is in need to some work so the story is not yet finalised

Finally, The Pub is custom, yes, but it can be changed if the admins deem nessicary but for RP reasons i believe this one is more fitting as well as larger