Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:17

Only happens to me?

Angel

• Sapphire

Firt time I play in one month:

I spawned on the roof of the FireStation in the NWA.

I see two dudes running behind it, they go behind the hangars and meet up with a bunch of other dudes, maybe in the same clan. (They had the same clothes.)

So, I started stalking them, using my Binos, maybe they would see me and run towards me, making a really good Kidnapping situation.

I actually like being kidnapped, it creates a really nice... I don't know how to explain, but I like it.

I don't like being picked up, robbed and left in the middle of nowhere.Anyway, I was there for 5 minutes and decided to go, I went down the ladder and shot some zeds. (They heard).

They started to run towards me, all of them. And I run FROM them.

I went to the North Barracks and killed more zeds, now they were pretty close...

I don't want to tell the whole story, so here it is:

TL;DR?

I went to the forest and saw them Running at me, so I dropped my guns and surrended.

They come to me and say that they were not going to rob me, they asked my name and where I came from... I answered...

Then nothing. They tried to kill a zombie that almost killed me, then they just ran away and did nothing. I almost died because they failed to kill 2 zombies...

This only happens to me, right? Meeting someone that just runs away for no reason?

Oh god no, It happens to me all the time, Because I'm practically always with SDS when people see us they always run away, No attempt to RP and it is so annoying. Obviously your situation is a different case but its still the same and frustrates us all.

Not to knock the good RP bandits that are out there but it is because of all the "drop yer gunz in 10 sexer die!" bandits out there. Everyone wants a good RP experience but when that kind of stuff is abundant you are cautious who you hang around with.

• Emerald

So you didn't get robbed and you are disappointed? Did you try to interact with them yourself? Ask who they are and so on? Or did you just stand there waiting for them to amuse you?

Maybe they were not bandits, maybe they didn't need anything off you, maybe they just tought you were not very interesting...

RP doesn't mean constant hostile situations. Improve your own act and you will receive good interaction back.

• Sapphire

"drop yer gunz in 10 sexer die!"

Haha im stealing that

im not boring but i have a really low dull voice unles i raise it then i sound like a demon haha ,, but i prefer to talk , so lots of folks meet me and i think they jst hear the dull voice and think , boring bastard hahahha

but i have noticed when im in a good mood (seldom) ahhaha , and im yapping off and shouting a bit , more folks RP with me better and stuff,

I think the main thing is to come across quite energetic , convincingly interested , but i dunno , good luck anyway its happened to me alot too.

You actually dropped your guns before any initiation? That's a bit weird.

Any way it's not... special. People running in groups and looking for some RP or just saw you running weirdly to the forest and wanted to see WTF are you doing.

If I don't really have a reason to RP something out with someone I usually just say "hey have a nice day." A lot of times their isn't really an RP situation that can come out of all interactions.

Not saying that I don't try to RP with everyone I meet, but if neither of us will get anything out of it I just say have a nice day and move on.

You can't force an RP situation to happen. Its better if they come more naturally.

I don't really see a reason why they would want to kidnap you. My group may have been able to find a reason to kidnap / harm you, but who knows, you might just be a nobody, who has no ties at all to our little story. :P

• Emerald

A lot of people do this. Why would everyone have to kidnap you or rob you? Also not all encounters have to involve sharing your full life stories and all that. For me this seems a normal case of "RP" on the server. People run to you ask your id and who you are then leave because you were not their enemy, you are not someone famous or they've gotten all they needed from you. There is always a reason to leave an area without explaining yourself.

I see a big group of red berets or Somalians running towards me, hell I leg it and try to get away as fast as possible as I know the outcome no matter how good their RP might be. It's a normal reaction in a human being to flee from danger. Complaining that people run away from big bandit groups is pretty petty as you have created the fear yourself and once the word gets out people will avoid the groups that have "bad" name on them.

• MVP

This thread is quite relevant to the one Major Tom made, I think.

Not to knock the good RP bandits that are out there but it is because of all the "drop yer gunz in 10 sexer die!" bandits out there. Everyone wants a good RP experience but when that kind of stuff is abundant you are cautious who you hang around with.

This.

Known bandits should not be the slightest surprised when people avoid them. This is especielly the case if you're showing off your logo and your skins. Anyone with knowledge of your skins and logo would know that its very likely you'll end up robbing them, and therefore, they have all the reasons in the world to run away.

Does it suck? Well yes, of course. But there has rarely been a more understood reaction. Its one of the downsides with being a well known bandit, simple as that.

Unfortunetly the frequency of bandit attacks can make this happen to people in general and not just to well-known bandits, as some are almost paranoid around other people. While that could very much make sense from an RP viewpoint(other survivors are dangerous!) it can get a little boring.

Guest Praetorian

I encountered a player in Berezino a few days ago, I saw him running past the pub to the grocery store - so I followed behind him into the store. He began grabbing loot, seemingly unaware of my presence, so I began grabbing items too.

He finally turned around and saw me, so I began to speak to him - he simply looked at me, then went back to grabbing loot.

I finally asked him if he spoke English, all he said was, 'yup', and then ran away.

Guest whitepointer

About two days ago I met a man at North East Air Field, Ran up to him to have a nice chat to him - I say hey blah blah blah, I get ''Sup''.. And he just runs down the hill and ignores me...

• Emerald

For me it depends on who I play. If I am on my main, I will avoid people. Its his nature. Except for clan mates, he has no use for anyone in the world anymore. But, my alt is the exact opposite. He is friendly, and chatty and had some really nice RP with people.

• Sapphire

Wow, I've only ever been robbed and executed by the old UKSF.

• Legend

I got Robbed today by a group by a group of two people. They Told me to drop my weapons. and pistol. I was trying to RP with them and I got no answer all I got was "Shut up or we will shoot" then they made me go up a hill drop my backpack and still while asking them why they are doing is the answer from above then told me to run east and not look back. It really pissed me of and they where lucky I was not recording or I would of reported them within a instant. They had no care for RP only a gun that was the same one in the tent next to me...Really ?

I got Robbed today by a group by a group of two people. They Told me to drop my weapons. and pistol. I was trying to RP with them and I got no answer all I got was "Shut up or we will shoot" then they made me go up a hill drop my backpack and still while asking them why they are doing is the answer from above then told me to run east and not look back. It really pissed me of and they where lucky I was not recording or I would of reported them within a instant. They had no care for RP only a gun that was the same one in the tent next to me...Really ?

got in exact position, guess there are many new bandits trying to get the hang of it, i guess

• Legend

got in exact position, guess there are many new bandits trying to get the hang of it, i guess

Personally I would go Hero before bandit. Being a Hero you can watch and experience Vet bandit styles and use that as a influence on your characters banditry for the future that you may use. Just my opinion,but The RP I had later on Cheered me up on the Matter you just need to dig deep and hope for the best :D