Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 03:59

Screamin' Fetus and The Hog

Lue

So, as some have come to find out, i've made a new alt character to take a break away from the hobo RP and change things up a bit... I ended up making a character that would be a bit more free-form and able to become hostile and engage in banditry and combat... As with Willy, I was usually passive unless forced to engage someone for whatever reason... but now im usually attempting to start crap with people as a cocky "rock and roll" guru.. The lead singer of a band called "Screamin' Fetus" (name credit goes to Press).

The character goes by the stage name "Hog" to conceal his true identity from everyday folks who may try to stalk him and snap photos while he's doing every day life stuff... He is the lead singer of the band and the band was here in Chernarus doing a small tour... Truth be told, they are a horrible garage band that is modeled after 80s hair bands, but one of the ones that never quite made the big time and still lives in the past rather than get over it... Chernarus is the only country that has since booked them for shows and they came over here before the outbreak...

Here are a few clips of some highlight reels from the past week or so...

[video=youtube]

In this video, we were not quite fleshed out on our characters and we had not decided on playing as a 80s hair band and were toying with the idea of being a random group of scary hillbilly types like from the movie deliverance... creep people out in the middle of the woods and just genuinely make them uneasy until we finally initiate after a good long RP session... our take on robbery was to try and RP first, and rob second or last... then RP some more... We wanted to develope a relationship with our victim first and make it a bit more of a emotion-filled moment when they feel it building up rather than a sudden "drop your crap" situation where they immediately shut down and dont want to RP.

We figured if we RP'd first and lead up to a robbery, people would understand that the RP came first and that everything leading up to it was for a reason and would be more likely to engage in the robbery themselves and enjoy it... Most people ended up fleeing or running away before we ever got a chance to initiate because they either got creeped out or knew what was brewing... One of these instances we chased down for about a kilometer..

[video=youtube]

In this video, Hog ends up at the NEAF and comes across a large pack of the Watchers in a bus... He strikes up some conversation, explains why he is there, and tells his general story to those who ask... He also sings some cover songs for the crew and plays a little bit of the harmonica (a little easter egg I threw in for people who would recognize it ;) )...

Eventually I end up annoying some guy so much that he starts making threats and then initiates on me, and I shoot him in the mouth... blow up their motorcycle... and make a getaway..

[video=youtube]

In this video I was a fresh spawn with nothing but a crossbow.. I end up stalking a couple guys I found in Cherno for nearly an entire hour before I actually confronted them... Before this video starts, I had thrown a flare in the middle of town to see if they would come to it... one did and thats where it starts.

My initial intentions were to rob one of them if they separated so that I could get a step up from the crossbow (loot spawns were totally broken so I figured why not).. However, I end up striking up some conversation with them and telling my story instead and hearing theirs as well... We agree to travel together eventually and it goes from there...

As always, I continue to stream at www.twitch.tv/OsGoos and if anyone fancies what I do here, you are welcome to stop in and watch me during my live streams... While I try to entertain at all times, all my content is solely based off of what I find ingame and what other RPers are willing to offer back with my attempts. I would like to thank everyone i've ran into that has made a real effort to RP to your fullest no matter how good you think you did or not... I've been having some fun again, and thats a good thing.

Oh and a note to Kaygua: I forgot to add our little encounter into my videos, but good job ;)

• Sapphire

These are golden :')

Top quality RP there <3

If Screamin' Fetus is lookin' for another band member Ruru has had some history with bands in Chernarus.

These are golden :')

Top quality RP there <3

If Screamin' Fetus is lookin' for another band member Ruru has had some history with bands in Chernarus.

I don't mind if you wanna join the party, So long as you are willing to throw down the gloves when people smack talk our glorious hair styles.

I think my ultimate favorite part of all the videos is this:

"I saw a bus drive by just over there but he just kept on driving"

- cut to past -

"YEEEEEEEEEHAW!"

*bus keeps driving by*

-back to present-

"It's all whatever..."

I just love when im able to do those little flashback moments in my videos... they tickle me somethin fierce.. my all time favorite video example of that was Willy's flash back to his visions he had of the coming of banana man from planet zenon ...

• Sapphire

Ruru's hair the the most glorious of them all my friend ;)

I must admit, I do love your content, and I tune into your streams whenever I can. If your not doing much tomorrow we can have a chat on the old TS?

• Sapphire

Now that's a robbery, not that drop wep 5 sec shit gj! 10/10

• Legend

Great vids Lue! But the Watchers left before that guy "Tried" to rob you. That was not a Watcher who did that. Good shot :P

• Legend

Great vids Lue! But the Watchers left before that guy "Tried" to rob you. That was not a Watcher who did that. Good shot :P

Didn't think I ever said it was a watcher. He clearly said he was LRA.

My Bad!!! Sorry was reading the video description.

Didn't think I ever said it was a watcher. He clearly said he was LRA.

My Bad!!! Sorry was reading the video description.

No worries, man. I just hope you didn't think I was that naive to think it was a watcher lol. I know you guys :P

It was pretty funny though how the watchers told him not to rob me and after they left hes like "yo why you say I cant rob him" lolol... then he attempts it anyway... but yeah... not sure what he was thinking trying to rob me with his gun lowered and with me on the high ground.. .. the classic part is "O i just got lit u-" lolol...

I showed my friend your videos.

He wants to join DayZRP now. xD

It brings me joy when I can show people a different take on DayZRP and show the good that can come out of the server rather than the countless reports of "bad rp this" and "bad rp that"... I try to wander the wasteland in search of player interaction and I pretty much feed off of that... Where most people run around looking for loot, I run around looking for people to engage in RP with... basically the RP will go as far as they are willing to take it... people who show little interest derive little out of the game and miss the point of the server... those that attempt to RP back and go with the flow usually have a good time and are left with a rewarding experience...

I think this proves that people who claim theres no RP on the server are just not bringing anything to the table themselves... Yes there is bad RPers out there that you will run into.. but in my experience, i've been able to turn really bad RP moments into gems by just sticking with it and giving these people the benefit of the doubt... I lead the way with what I feel is a good example of good RP and they usually pick it up quickly and learn from my example and we end up building up each other's RP abilities as a result...

You can watch any number of my videos and see this in play... I come across many people who most would classify as bad RPers and they will usually brush them off and say "screw this guy", but I RP with everyone equally until they do blatant OOC retardation stuff... But if you try, I will always give you my 100% best RP.. no matter your level.

Now that's a robbery, not that drop wep 5 sec shit gj! 10/10

Thank you. We are definitely trying to revamp the way robberies are approached... rather than it being gear driven, we try to make it reasonable... to have a reason... and if we have no reason? then we just make it unexpected and memorable... lets face it.. most robberies are NOT done out of necessity, and thats the case with us at times as well... but what our necessity IS.. is to RP... and in an effort to bring people some genuine banditry RP, we go about it in this manner... no time limits for compliance... no threats of death and dismemberment for not listening.. we start of calm and collected like people who don't really want to do this but since its the end of the world and all, we gotta do what we gotta do...

Its more of a "hey I want what you have but I don't want your life, so please don't be a dumbass, okay?... toss your weapons aside for my own safety, but while I dig through your bag for goodies, why don't you tell me what you are doing out here trompin around my neck of the woods, boy?"

... leave an impression... y'know?... I try to get to know my victims... It makes it feel more engaging when I feel like they arent just a stranger and I have heard their stories a bit and know a little about them... make for interesting conversation and what not later when i got them duct taped to a tree while I sift through their bags and contemplate what I want to do to creep them out next.

These are great, good job Lue, you put effort into everything you do!

Thank you, I appreciate it. I sincerely do put 100% of myself into my RP when im online... I sincerely believe that anyone who logs into the game and views it like a show, they will do great things... what I mean by that, is... If you go around playing your character in a way that is meant to be a source of entertainment to everyone you meet, you will naturally do your best to appease them... and Im not saying to kiss people's asses or anything like that... but to play your character in a way that makes them believable, living, breathing people that people can make a connection with; you're doing it right.

All my characters are oddballs and weird as hell and absolutely different compared to the majority... yet people still connect with my characters because of how I play them.. I can't really explain that dynamic, but I guess that why I stream and make these videos... to just show as examples of what CAN happen ingame if you play the game with a certain mind set rather than the typical "im gonna go get some gear and rob some people and lets see if I get reported today".

This made me laugh so damn hard. Several years ago a guy I worked with was trying to come up with a screamo band name and I suggested Screaming Fetus along with a bunch of others. He laughed and said there already was one called Dying Fetus and that he didnt want to copy cat.

Dude you are a genius when it comes to this stuff.

This made me laugh so damn hard. Several years ago a guy I worked with was trying to come up with a screamo band name and I suggested Screaming Fetus along with a bunch of others. He laughed and said there already was one called Dying Fetus and that he didnt want to copy cat.

Dude you are a genius when it comes to this stuff.

LOL that is hilarious, but I cannot take credit for the name screamin' fetus. That gem came up from one of the other guys (on the forum as Press).

Basically the way this all came about was originally we were just these hillbilly characters running around in the woods trying to reenact some good ol deliverance scares. One of my viewers on my stream suggested going to the Pobeda dam to get some weapons since we seemed a bit outgunned... I had never really gone up there so we took the journey from NEAF to there.

When we got there we found tons of clothing.. one of the checkers ones the zombies wear... I looked ridiculous.. but anyway..

We logged into S2 to the FM camp and dug around in their stashes and found rocker clothing and different types so we all picked a variant of rocker clothing and had a good laugh as we stood there in awe of our glorious new looks... Then it donned on us...

"Lets be a really crappy rock band that was touring in chernarus before the outbreak happened.... since we are so bad, chernarus is the only place we had left that booked us for shows, yet we still think we are awesome and have no idea how much we really suck"...

So it began.

I kept with the hillbilly style character as I felt it would make for a unique lead singer... not many bands have a singer that sounds like this and it just makes it that much more god-awful to listen to when he tries to sing...

Next up; he's gonna be belting out some guns and roses with that perdy mouth. "Sweet child of miiiiiine" as your ears gush blood and you grit your teeth trying to hold back from putting a bullet in him.

• 1 month later...

What was once believed to be a promising uprising.. the band "Screamin' Fetus" failed to hit the top of charts in both the United States (Pre-outbreak) and even in the country of their beloved fans.. Chernarus. While on tour in Chernarus, the outbreak took place and the band attempted to use this as an opportunity to publicize themselves to the masses... With absolutely no musical competition left, they had no rivals for the top...

However, this dream was short lived.... While combing a local grocery store for hair products, Gerrit "THE HOG" went missing and the rest of the band fled for their lives when they heard the screams....

"Even in death, he sounded like an angel, man..." they said...

His last words... "And we-eeee are never (ever); ever.. getting back together".

What was once believed to be a promising uprising.. the band "Screamin' Fetus" failed to hit the top of charts in both the United States (Pre-outbreak) and even in the country of their beloved fans.. Chernarus. While on tour in Chernarus, the outbreak took place and the band attempted to use this as an opportunity to publicize themselves to the masses... With absolutely no musical competition left, they had no rivals for the top...

However, this dream was short lived.... While combing a local grocery store for hair products, Gerrit "THE HOG" went missing and the rest of the band fled for their lives when they heard the screams....

Nooooo! Not Hog!

Well...I can't wait to see what you come up with next, Lue. You never fail to amuse me. xD

Nooooo! Not Hog!

Well...I can't wait to see what you come up with next, Lue. You never fail to amuse me. xD

I appreciate that, but sadly this is my way of saying goodbye. I'm ceasing all my characters and creations at this point.