Server time (UTC): 2023-02-07 05:04

help please , so confused

scottish

So I know some one who has the EXACT same pc as me , bought from the same place , and he gets around 60 fps in dayz most of the time and does not drop below 30 in towns,

so I have been looking around for around 4/5 hours to see wtf the problem is with no result,

I read someones problem online and he had dif specs but all his setting where wrong , I will quote it just now ,

Hello guys.. I need your help..

So, my computer is

Acer Aspire 7750g

Intel core i5-2450m (2.5 GHz up to 3.1 GHz)

AMD Radeon 7670m, 2 gb VRAM

6 gb DDR3 memory

I bought Arma2: OA and it's lagging even on LOW settings

It doesn't matter if I go high or low settings - it still 15-20 FPS.

What should I do?

All drivers are up-to-date and I even play Diablo III, DOTA2 on highest settings with 50-60 FPS

Here is mine running conditions for Arma2 OA

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -cpuCount=2 -name=DiNki -nosplash [email protected] -maxmem=4096 -world=empty -cpuCount=2 -exthreads=4 -forcedirectdx11

I need your help guys..

ok then the guy that helped him said this and it worked for him

localvram value seems wrong, it should be your video memory in bytes, or roughly for 2GB VRAM = 2147483648.

Try to force memory with -maxvram=2048 in commandline.

So the guy said thankyou it worked and he gets 60/70 fps now ,, all good so I thought I would try this , so I look at the cfg file in arma to check what its saying mines is and I dont understand it,

mines is, localVRAM=1055068160; in the arma cfg file ok

and when I look at mines in diagnostic tools it says I have

approx total memory , this is my Vram its saying it has 4836 mb

is this wrong in the cfg file , or what is 4836 mb in bytes so I can chance it in the cfg file or force it in launch parameters.

I dont know if this is the root of it but it helped that guy.

also if none of this works and you think that you could tell me whats wrong , here is all of my specs.

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8174MB RAM

Page File: 2971MB used, 7505MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683D)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_32331682&REV_00

Display Memory: 4836 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1006 MB

Shared Memory: 3830 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (30Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: IDTV

Monitor Id: BEK424C

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(i) (60.053Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

PLEASE healp me , the more I look at this the more I get confused ahhaha , its funny because I had a dual core pc last year and a less powerful graphics card and the cpu was like 2.9 ghz or so and it was running arma 2 the same as this pc I have , something is wrong for sure now that I look into it :/

here is whats in the cfg file to for arma 2 can you tell me if there is something wrong

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1500000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=30;

winX=505;

winY=101;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=3;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1055068160;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=7;

PPAA=1;

PPAA_Level=2;

Windowed=0;

serverLongitude=51;

serverLatitude=3;

class ModLauncherList

{

class Mod1

{

dir="baf";

name="Arma 2: British Armed Forces (Lite)";

origin="NOT FOUND";

};

class Mod2

{

dir="pmc";

name="Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite)";

origin="NOT FOUND";

};

class Mod3

{

dir="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2";

name="Arma 2";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2";

};

class Mod4

{

dir="EXPANSION";

name="Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\EXPANSION";

};

class Mod5

{

dir="ca";

name="Arma 2";

origin="NOT FOUND";

};

class Mod6

{

dir="@DayZRP";

name="ArmA 2: DayZRP Mod";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZRP";

};

class Mod7

{

dir="Expansion\beta\Expansion";

name="Expansion";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\Expansion";

};

class Mod8

{

dir="Expansion\beta";

name="beta";

origin="GAME DIR";

fullPath="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta";

};

};

Arma 2 is not optimized m8. I have a monster pc Fx-8350 oc'ed to 5Ghz and amd 7970GHZ edition 16 GB ram and SSD and i don't have more than 30 fps on epoch....even tho i can run BF4 ULTRA 60 FPS no problem. It's just arma. Search on google for best graphics and there are some other minor things you can do like remove your grass and set something in a .txt file somwhere. The internet is full of people telling you all sorts of things you can do to improve fps but keep in mind it's not a great deal of difference. Also do you have such low framerate on RP too? because RP seems like the best dayz i ever played....i have 50-60 frames constantly where on normal chernarus i have max 30.

Arma 2 is not optimized m8. I have a monster pc Fx-8350 oc'ed to 5Ghz and amd 7970GHZ edition 16 GB ram and SSD and i don't have more than 30 fps on epoch....even tho i can run BF4 ULTRA 60 FPS no problem. It's just arma. Search on google for best graphics and there are some other minor things you can do like remove your grass and set something in a .txt file somwhere. The internet is full of people telling you all sorts of things you can do to improve fps but keep in mind it's not a great deal of difference. Also do you have such low framerate on RP too? because RP seems like the best dayz i ever played....i have 50-60 frames constantly where on normal chernarus i have max 30.

yeah its weird though like the fact me and someone else has the exact same rig , nothing changed and he gets better fps in the same servers , i must say dayzrp does runthe best of them all but I get 40 at 100% most best ever out in a field with nothing around and can sometimes get like 50 looking at the sky haha