Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 17:20

New Skin For Enclave/Others

Valkerion

Should this skin be added?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

Arma2_US_DF_sd.jpg

Hey guys i would like to suggest a new skin to be added to the donation skin i am suggesting this on behalf of The Enclave but that wont stop other people buying it if its gets through of course.

As some of you may know my clan (The Enclave) is made up of mostly British and American military personal.

Unfortunately for us their are very little US/UK military skins

(granted their are a lot of militarised skins but their mostly PMC or Russian skins) But we feel that none of them really fit us and after looking through the wiki page for ARMA2 we came across this and instantly loved it.

So i would like to put forward this skin on behalf of The Enclave and of course anyone else who wishes to buy it so you can vote on whether or not it should be added.

I know what you guys are gonna say "Theres too many military skins" or something along those lines but can you at least consider it on our behalf if your not your own.

I have been talking it over with the other members of enclave ( Quite a few people) and they said they would all be willing to buy it and want it added in.

So thats already quite a few yes votes for this to be added.

Hopefully....with enough votes this can be added as it would go perfectly with our RP back story of us mostly being US/UK soldiers

it would also stop people asking us "why do you were a cherno russian uniform if your from the US/UK" which RP wise makes no sense for us to have a uniform like this.

TLDR: please vote on this for us Enclave guys we really want this and would appreciate your help/comments on this uniform

If you do/dont think this should be added please add a comment telling us why

• Sapphire

Looks nice!

• Sapphire

Looks Nice!

• MVP

Looks awesome :)

Perhaps this could be an alternative for clan skins? Clans that fill certain requirements can request a clan skin and then let the community vote Yes or No on it and then get a staff review?

(^Rough draft obviously^)

Perhaps this could be an alternative for clan skins? Clans that fill certain requirements can request a clan skin and then let the community vote Yes or No on it and then get a staff review?

Nahhh i think just open use is sufficient :P

• Sapphire

Hmm that would be a very good option actually as it wouldnt restrict peoples freedom unless they put forward the request to get a "clan skin"

So there is no forced breaking of freedom only if you choose to

Love this skin at TLU but ill have to vote no.

We have more then enough military skins and its time to reduce them rather then add more..

Yes but adding more doesn't mean people are necessarily going to buy it. Adding it though adds to the RP of already established military clans. (Enclave or others) :P Also, military skins are the ones most people buy, thus funding the server more. This helps with Rolle keeping servers running more smoothly.

• MVP

Open would be good as well. It would be known as Enclaves (or any other clans) skin and regular civilians would be able to use it too if they wish.

Also people better not start this bollocks about "Oh too many military skins! My immersion will be ruined even more!" Grow up. It's a military clan that are trying to get a suitable skin in-game to RP (and look badass :D)

Then I think if it's for open use I would say no.i don't mean this in a mean way but if this was just a skin only for enclave I would approve of it.im a firm believer of clan skins because loads of random suvivours who choose same skins as that of clans always get mistaken as a member of that clan in firefights etc.there is so many reports of kos lately it's ridiculas.an sometimes it's always down to mistaken identity.but it's a great skin and I like it a lot.i do hope you get this but I just wanted to put my point across about skins.good luck

• Sapphire

Then I think if it's for open use I would say no.i don't mean this in a mean way but if this was just a skin only for enclave I would approve of it.im a firm believer of clan skins because loads of random suvivours who choose same skins as that of clans always get mistaken as a member of that clan in firefights etc.there is so many reports of kos lately it's ridiculas.an sometimes it's always down to mistaken identity.but it's a great skin and I like it a lot.i do hope you get this but I just wanted to put my point across about skins.good luck

As much as i would love it if they added this skin for us and us only (even if we had to pay for it) i dont think they would as the staff are seriously againest clan skins because it restricts freedom.

but i dont see the problem if im choosing to restrict my freedom by doing this if its my choice i would be willing to sacrifice a few things.

Hopefully they will bring Clan skins out and the skins fit what the clan does such as bandit etc

I see more benefits for clan skins in my eyes (more donations ,Less KOS reports)

But i understand the restricted freedom thing which is why i suggest if they really want to opt out of a rule that benefits them for clans sake they should be aloud as i would do it.

And i know some clans wont and im fine with that too but i know quite a few of them would like too

The only other way I could maybe see this working is that if the random survivors use only civilian skins.and clan use the militarised skinsdepending on what kindofrole your clan are taking.this would make sense because there are aome randoms out there who are not associated with any military background but yet run around in camo soldier gear.but hey it's something the community maybe should talk about more often.think of ideas on how to make things different.an also help staff with these kind of ideas.

• Sapphire

It would be much easier during firefights but some clans can't PvP as well as some so it is only fair.

Even RP wise if your clan is some sort of military clan (il let Mercs off) wouldnt it make sense to have matching/very similar military outfits?

As for other clans like Not Alone yes it makes perfect sense for them to not have have military skins but whos to say an ex soldier cant join them?

The only other way I could maybe see this working is that if the random survivors use only civilian skins.and clan use the militarised skinsdepending on what kindofrole your clan are taking.this would make sense because there are aome randoms out there who are not associated with any military background but yet run around in camo soldier gear.but hey it's something the community maybe should talk about more often.think of ideas on how to make things different.an also help staff with these kind of ideas.

I believe iv tried in the past but the staff are really really againest it regardless of how much support i get for it.

So i just tried doing it this way instead

• Sapphire

Looks Nice!

• Sapphire

Donate 250 euros then you can get it put in simples :)

The question is would i then have to pay to unlock it in the donation exchange still :P

Not a big fan of the skin but if it means that you stop using Spetsnaz Commander I'm fine with it.

We have stopped using that now as obviously its SVR's main skin

• Emerald

The question is would i then have to pay to unlock it in the donation exchange still :P

Well simply use one of those 250 euros for that skin. Then it will be available for those with contributor rank and they can unlock it just like any other skin when they donate.

Not a big fan of the skin but if it means that you stop using Spetsnaz Commander I'm fine with it.

We have stopped using that now as obviously its SVR's main skin

ask a gm or admin