Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 23:15

Barriers to prevent logging out in Settlements

GingerHippo

Do you think there should be a log-out barrier near/in settlements?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• MVP

So, I know that there's been a few people who have taken over a camp with people and whilst they have been waiting for people to approach or RPing with someone, another player has logged in within the camp and then began to try and be a Good Samaritan.

I think this shouldn't be aloud due to the fact that if the people log out in camp because they are a CR or something and then log-in inside their camp even though the people who have checked everywhere (RP reasons to see if anyone else is there,sleeping or hiding) then it's not fair on the people who have taken it over due to the fact that they have checked places but seen no-one then out of nowhere, someone logs in.

Is there a way that you could implement something into settlements where no-one can log out inside the camp to ensure that it's fair for all players?

Do you think there should be a barrier of where you can and can't log-out? [POLL ABOVE]

I personally do not, what is with you people on the server constantly trying to get rid of CRs rules? We have enough negatives as it is, if you log into a firefight, even if you are a CR, then it is against the rules and ghosting. If you log in and then someone initiates on the camp, then it's fine. I don't understand exactly what it is you want changed.

• MVP

I personally do not, what is with you people on the server constantly trying to get rid of CRs rules? We have enough negatives as it is, if you log into a firefight, even if you are a CR, then it is against the rules and ghosting. If you log in and then someone initiates on the camp, then it's fine. I don't understand exactly what it is you want changed.

I'm wanting to get across that if a group has already taken over a camp (eg: Altar) and they have checked everywhere and found no-one and whilst they wait for more people to arrive, someone logs in inside the camp and tries to stop the group from doing anything else then that's not fair for the group due to the fact that they have already checked everywhere. I know that's classed as ghosting if the person who has logged in and if they initiate on the robbers but shouldn't there be a barrier to ensure that people can't log-out in the settlements to make sure that no-one ghosts the settlements as it's not fair on the group.

I'm wanting to get across that if a group has already taken over a camp (eg: Altar) and they have checked everywhere and found no-one and whilst they wait for more people to arrive, someone logs in inside the camp and tries to stop the group from doing anything else then that's not fair for the group due to the fact that they have already checked everywhere. I know that's classed as ghosting if the person who has logged in and if they initiate on the robbers but shouldn't there be a barrier to ensure that people can't log-out in the settlements to make sure that no-one ghosts the settlements as it's not fair on the group.

Not really, why would a group want to take over Altar? So they can show their achievements of winning the castle and killing no CRs? You might as well just take over a player camp, or get your own settlement. If someone kills a CR in the process, then no-one can log into the settlement whilst the opposing force are still present anyway.

We shouldn't need barriers, people should read the rules and not be retards if someone logs out get there name and what not make a report and a bet they never do it again

It would be considered Ghosting if a CR logs in to see a bunch of people chilling in their settlement, and then initiates. If they want to tell 'em to bugger off, they'll have to try and do so without initiating. But at the same time, if a group deliberately abuses an empty settlement, and RPs like it's empty and completely devoid of active guards, then that's also poor RP, considering that despite there being no-one online there, ICly, the place would be manned.