Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 12:51

How to use the DayZRP Forums

• Emerald

How to use the DayZRP Forums.

WARNING THIS MAY BE CONFUSING TO LOOK AT BECAUSE OF YOUR EYES THINKING ITS THE ACTUAL FORUMS. IT IS NOT. THIS THREAD MAY CAUSE BLEEDING FROM THE EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

I have recently been asked how to use various buttons and functions present on the DayZRP Forums. In this guide I will go over the various options such as using the search function to making your own thread, and what each button means.

The guide will be split up into each Sub-Topic.

Starting with the essentials:

-The Search Function

-The Forum Page

-Making your own thread

-How to use buttons!

-User CP

-Private Messages

-Donation Exchange

The Search Function-The Search function is self explanatory. It is used to locate the word you are searching in either Threads or posts.

LzpZMa7.png?1

The search bar is located under the DayZRP logo, above the home and news buttons. This is where you can use and search whatever you are looking for. A more in depth and very useful guide on the Seach Bar can be found in Toorik's post located here

The Advanced Search Function: The advanced search function is a more up to date, more helpful search function. You can use it to enhance your search by setting certain parameters, keywords, even sections of the forums.

6n2en.png

The Forum Page-Here is where you can find everything you will ever need to know about DayZRP and other unrelated subjects. The Forum page is located under the Community tab, can also be accessed here

M1oeXDT.png?1

You can find various Forum pages, like Clans & Groups to the Off topic page, where things get really off topic some times. In each Sub-page there are threads.

Threads are placed by fellow members and staff to inform people of their various ideas or problems. The Threads located above the red line are marked as important by staff that will help or inform users. All threads located below are made by fellow players.

7IYYlS9.png?1

Typing a Post-If you wish to respond to a thread you simply go to the bottom of the page and type into the bar what you would like to say.

wWs7xJ2.png?1

If you would like to make a more complicated full reply it is located near the page numbers.

However you can not post in all threads. Some threads such as Formal Reports and Ban appeals are only to be answered by Staff and persons involved. You are allowed to post in Report Discussions though.

Making your own thread-The time has come, you either have a great clan idea or you simply want to ask a question. Either way you have to make yourself a thread so others can see what you are posting.

To do this you simply go into a Sub-Page and near the top of where the thread starts, there is a link named "New Thread". You click this to make a thread that will be posted. In the picture below it is located in the bottom left. 5ZmJPNU.png?1

Now you should be located on a page similar to this:

4UUfLlZ.png?1

Under the box are questions asking if you would like your signature to be with the thread, if you want a poll, etc. Put a check on these if you would like them to be implemented with your thread.

The Thread and Reply's various buttons-When making a thread or doing a full reply, you may be confused by the various buttons that are on top of the type box. Some of these are simple smiley faces to asking you what your threads title will be.

Images-Located on the taskbar above the type box, the image tab is what you click if you would like to post a picture, or .gif to the thread or reply. When clicking the image button, it will ask you to post the URL of the picture. Simply do this and boom! Your thread or reply will have the picture present when you post or Preview it.

XtyGhSE.png?1

Hyperlinks(Links)-To post a link you go to the right of the image button, and click the hyperlink button. This will ask you to type in the link you are trying to post and will also ask you if you would like to change the name of the link. An example is changing DayZRP.com to DayZRP.

Quoted texts and Codes-If you would like to quote another persons post you click the button on the taskbar with the quote bubble. This will then ask you who wrote the quote and what they said. Alternatively you can click reply to someones post, and simply not post anything at all. To insert a formatted code you click the "Hashtag, as the hipsters call it" or as normal people call it the Number sign (#). This will now put in the code and whatever you type after it will be put into the code. Example:

ikI8yTZ.png?1

User CP: The User Control Panel is where you will do things such as checking your latest threads, changing your signature or Avatar, pretty much anything relating to your profile and your preferences. It can be found on the top right of your screen next to the log out button:

AI5oNl9.png?1

To change your signature, avatar, or update your profile in any way, you would go to the left of your screen labeled User CP Home. To the right of the User CP Home links, you can find your assortment of recent threads, plus info about your forum account

LprmttE.png?2hi0Gys6.png?2

Private Messages (PM's): The Private messaging system is a function to send messages to an individual or no more then a group of 5. Here you make a thread-like message containing what you want to say. It is used the same as making a thread or a post. It can be found opposite from the User CP, on the bottom left labeled "Private Messages"

AI5oNl9.png?1

Donation Exchange: So you've just donated to DayZRP and are very happy with yourself that you have helped fund this wonderful server. As a thank you from DayZRP, you are given donation credits. How ever much you donated (ex. 5 Euros) is added to your credit amount. You can now go to the donation exchange located on the far right of the task bar, under Donating. You should get to a page like this:

NwuWZEM.png?1

Once you are on this page you can now locate your donation amount and pick a skin! There a tons of possibilities, and soon more to be added. Choose one that fits your character and don't ask for refunds if you don't like it!

I hope this guide helps, and if you have any further questions or believe I should add more to the thread, please post it in the thread or PM me! Good luck on the forums!

Damn ive been waiting for this to be made for a long-long time!

These forums are so tricky to use i almost cut off my finger once..

Seriously though, This is great, And i hope it will make people start using the search function.

• Sapphire

This should probably be stickied somewhere so newcomers have something to go by.

Would also promote use of the search bar .

• Sapphire

Good guide!

• Emerald

Nice guide you got there.

• Emerald

You should probaly add that you're NOT supposde post in BanAppelas/Formal Reports. Figured that could be some useful informations for newcomers. Great guide btw, I agreed that it should be a sticky.

• Emerald

You should probaly add that you're NOT supposde post in BanAppelas/Formal Reports. Figured that could be some useful informations for newcomers. Great guide btw, I agreed that it should be a sticky.

Added to Typing a Post. Thanks for the idea!

• Legend

jjejeje! Nice little Post! Could be very useful for new guys!

• Sapphire

Very nice! Let's hope the newcomers know how to navigate here ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • MVP

How to use forums;

Religiously.

:troll:

Good guide though, will help out anyone new for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Emerald

Good guide it will help a lot of people

• Sapphire

This thread mon......

• Legend

Please mention the advanced search page located under the Community menu

6n2en.png

Oh, and ... stickied. Nice work. o7

• MVP

Nice guide. Glad this got a bump earlier! - New comers need it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Emerald

Is there anything the community would like me to add to the thread? The only options I can think of is showing where to Download the mod and where to Whitelist.

Anything else?