Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 13:06

I am back! PC Build Log

• Emerald

After a long absence from DayZRP I return again.

I recently aswell bought a PC and will update you as I build it.

Cant wait to get it done and play with Glorious FPS and record my adventures!

Specs

Case - Corsair c70 (Gun metal)

MOBO - ASUS SaberTooth 990x R2.0 AMD Board

CPU - AMD Fx 8 Core 4.2Gz Turbo OC

GPU - Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770 4gb

PSU - Corsair TX850m

Cooling - Coolermaster 120mm Fans 4x

Cpu Cooler - Corsair H80i

RAM - Corsair Vengance DDR3 16gb [4x4gb]

Storage - WD Caviar Black 2tb, Corsair NUETRON SSD 120gb

Etc - NXZT Led Lighting Kit 5 meters (White)

cLNv3o0.jpg

More Progress Tommorow.

• Emerald

Why not get a $130 mobo and use the extra cash to get intel or 780? Also I would have gotten a 290 rather than that 770 but that is because I don't mind the noise and am comfortable with high temps. Hope to see this when it is done.

Never skimp on the motherboard.

Intel is not any better than AMD, they both are the same.

A 770 is plenty power and spending $200+ for a 8fps differnce is not worth it to me.

Most parts were on sale so it was worth for the price:preformance ratio

Anything over $150 on a motherboard is overkill. That socket might be out of date by the time half of it's features become practical, just my thinking. Right now the 290 is $30 than the windforce although I have heard good things about the windforce cards. I guess since I am not accounting for the deals you got it may have been a no brainer for you with the deals that i don't know about because black Friday came and went for me.

I'm going to be honest, I thought Oldman and you (Old Man) were actually just one forum account and never realised you had left. D:

Talking about your PC, wow that is a heavy beast you got there. The 850W PSU seems massively overkill unless you plan on SLIng or OCing everything you can. Intel is better than AMD for Arma 2 especially because of how bad the engine is for multicoring, Intel are much better at getting power out of less cores.

• Emerald

The only thing that is missing here in my personal opinion is an SSD, even a 120G one. I thought a lot about buying an SSD with my new computer, and it's the best choice I've ever had. It works like magic, you mount your windows and Arma on it, you gain extra FPS for Arma and your Windows works 10x faster.

Overall, nice build. Please let us know how the 8 core is.

• Legend

The only thing that is missing here in my personal opinion is an SSD, even a 120G one. I thought a lot about buying an SSD with my new computer, and it's the best choice I've ever had. It works like magic, you mount your windows and Arma on it, you gain extra FPS for Arma and your Windows works 10x faster.

There is a SSD there.

• Emerald

There is a SSD there.

:Derp:

• Emerald

There is a SSD there.

:Derp:

Ya lol.

It's also for programs like Photoshop and other makey things programs.

I cant wait to play with 60fps +