Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:06

Angel

Yes or no?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

No, I am not talking about size like "Big" or "Small".

But the SIZE of it. You know... KBs and stuff.

I have a good image for my avatar, and it's 32Kbs, but the limit is 25KBs, I tried changing format, using other programs to render it but... the only way to make it "Fit" was decreasing the quality... A lot.

So my I idea is to increase it a bit, maybe only to 35KBs, I don't think that it would crash the Forums or even explode it (I hope).

I would like to upgrade my Avatar Pic because this one looks really bad.

So... What do you guys think? I know it's not much, but I would really like to use my Original Pic.

This one is really bad...

• Sapphire

Its alright but i dont really care to much for my avatar picture. but i will say yes just for the people who do :D

• Sapphire

I'm not bothered by it, But if its an easy change then +1.

This ^.

Also its not that hard to find another picture youd like..

I make my own pics, and even if I make them really small, they are too big.

Who would say no tbh?

it's one of those things people who pay get as a bonus, it's not a P2W thing or anything. I'd like to have a large avatar but i see why only people who pay allot get it

• Emerald

-snip-

• El Presidente

25kB is quite a lot for a 100x100px picture, for example Owen.K's avatar above is only 2.5kB. You're rendering it wrong.

• Sapphire

25kB is quite a lot for a 100x100px picture, for example Owen.K's avatar above is only 2.5kB. You're rendering it wrong.

Owen got his pic from the internet, but I don't want to just pic a random one from Google, I like to make my own, like I made my signature, I render using Photoshop and using PNG, I also tried Jpeg and it actually showed how "big" the picture would be, but for it to be under 25kB, I had to lower the quality.

I think 25kb is enough for now. Try rendering it as a jpeg instead of png?

I did, I tried PNG AND JPEG, and in PS you can see how large your pic is going to be when using JPEG, and to get it under 25Kbs, I had to lower the quality. That's why it's really blurry now.

• Sapphire

Owen got his pic from the internet, but I don't want to just pic a random one from Google, I like to make my own, like I made my signature, I render using Photoshop and using PNG, I also tried Jpeg and it actually showed how "big" the picture would be, but for it to be under 25kB, I had to lower the quality.

I think 25kb is enough for now. Try rendering it as a jpeg instead of png?

I did, I tried PNG AND JPEG, and in PS you can see how large your pic is going to be when using JPEG, and to get it under 25Kbs, I had to lower the quality. That's why it's really blurry now.

Its not that blurry at all to be honest had you not pointed it out that it was blurry to me i wouldnt have even noticed.

As a side note i also made my own (somewhat) and i think the quality in mine came out fine

• El Presidente

Photoshop compression settings give the best possible quality, hence the file size. Try using a different image software to re-compress the image. I personally use IrfanView.

• Sapphire

Photoshop compression settings give the best possible quality, hence the file size. Try using a different image software to re-compress the image. I personally use IrfanView.

Is doing all of that worth it?

I am trying everything, but I would really like to just make my picture and just upload it here, I think that increasing the limit by 10kB isn't much.

I have no idea how this Website/Server/Forum/Hosting works, I really don't. So I don't know if adding 10kB would destroy this whole website and kill everyone or it would just work fine. And I don't know if it's too much work for you guys, I know that you are busy enough with Applications, Reports and... well... Making this Mod what it is now.

Anyway, thank you for responding, I will try to use this IrfanView and see what I can do.

Guest magw33d

Reduce the number of colours. The amount of colours increases the filesize exponentially.

Yours for instance could be expressed in about 6 different colours, so rendering it as a 64 colour image would be inappropriate.

Your signature could also go down to about 25kb, but its 124kb, which is absolutely ridiculous.

My sig? 3.4kb. Go figure.