Server time (UTC): 2023-02-07 04:10

Alt chracter Banditry

So I have begun to see a problem with this.. where people go in to a settlement or situation with a nice/good character, run out come back 5-10 mins later as a alternate bandit/bad character.. I mean I have had multiple characters but never have I switched between any of them during a single life, it was almost taboo for me. What are your guys thoughts?

• Sapphire

I saw where Frayzies said this will soon not be allowed

• Emerald

Yeah I would say it's a mix of meta-gaming and ghosting. They are using two characters, one to find out the surroundings of the inside, and one to attack with. If you have the proof, report.

I saw where Frayzies said this will soon not be allowed

but on what scale. I mean I understand some people's need to change up the character. but when I am playing as one I do not think of how things will change if I where another. I am that character until he dies.

To me this seems wrong. If you wanna rob someone do it. But don't log out and log back in to keep the heat from coming on to a character you don't want it on. I by no means have a problem with banditry. If you see someone with something nice and you want it take it. But going to the bushes and getting onto a character that is a bandit reeks of meta/powergaming.

1. The only reason they have two characters most of the time is to keep the heat off their main so they don't have problems with anyone. If your in a clan that doesn't accept banditry then cool have an alt character for it. But don't break character on that one just because you find someone with a shiny and want it.

2. How exactly is the character you logged onto gonna know where the guy is that has the item you want? Your other character knew but this one you logged onto doesn't.

• Emerald

Its crap RP and downright dick move. If anyone is caught doing this thing, and it goes formal, I will push for a ban.

• Emerald

My alt character is a Free Medic... so for me to change characters would mean I can't shoot anyone at all :P

In my opinion it is ridiculous. Your characters do not share some kind of collective consciousness. Your alt has no way to know anything that your other character knows.

It's also extremely gear-whorish. You go and get gear on your alt, then switch to keep the gear with none of the consequences. How is it that your main wakes up a minute later and goes "Oh cool, somehow I went from having a Winchester to having an SVD Camo!"

I pretty often switch between my characters, but neither of them are bandits. I switch because my characters know different people in game and sometimes I just want to RP with a certain person.

I think having alt characters are fine, but if you use them to meta game then that is when it becomes a problem. I don't have an alt character but I have meet many people that use them to kind of test there own RP, get a feel for different aspects and point of views. The character that I am playing now is more of a broken hero type of guy, sure he will try to help people if he can but at the same time he can be prone to madness once given too much power and will probably grow to become a psychopath. I for one do not need a alt for various RP because of the fact that my character is capable of both great good and great evil.

But yes if an alt is used for meta gaming then that is when it is wrong, you should not have the same memories of what your other characters have seen. If someone is thinking of having an alt character then i would recommend starting how you did once you first got into the game, blind, deaf, and dump to the happenings of chernarus. It is better to start from the bottom rather then risk the temptation to meta game.

• Sapphire

i have alternitive chars but i never do that if i do usually go on my alts i most likelly go on Server 1 as i was down at desal on my alt last night.

Well, you can't do that. It's not something possible unless the guy is schizophrenic...

I say it's 1 RP/character life and you have to either die or make this character disappear in a RP manner if you want to RP something else.