Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 03:56

CR rules a bit crazy expanded, CR rule abuse.

Read the following story, and tell me if you find this is rule abuse or not, and if you do, what do you think can be done to the CR rules to make them a little bit more stable, and less prone to such abuse.

On one occasion, my clan and I ( at that time Caesar's legion) arrived at altar castle and were told by enclave to stay in our car and drop all of our weapons or we would be shot. We did as they asked, but several of us didn't drop our radios. One of our men was already inside altar when all this was going on and since they (enclave) were obviously being hostile towards us he started shooting and killed two of them. By this time One of my clan members and I were in the interrogation room and ran to the dead enclave members to pickup their weapons and start fighting. I suppose you can guess what happened from that point on, a huge firefight ensued and a lot of people died. Before all this happened the enclave told us why they were robbing us, telling us that we had killed one of their members and that it was payback time. The members of my clan then discussed what we should do and determined that our best chance was to fight while we still could. I still think this was the right decision for if we hadn't they would have simply executed us and there would have been no escape. My point is that apparently we didn't have a right to open fire as the CRs are allowed to rob us without any repercussions. This I think is a loophole in the rules and should be addressed, it ended with a friend being banned for what I see as good rp.

• Sapphire

You should of just initiated, that rule is good because us as CR's can sort out things without having to take care of all the stuff at Altar and watch our backs.

Read the following story, and tell me if you find this is rule abuse or not, and if you do, what do you think can be done to the CR rules to make them a little bit more stable, and less prone to such abuse.

On one occasion, my clan and I ( at that time Caesar's legion) arrived at devils castle and were told by enclave to stay in our car and drop all of our weapons or we would be shot. We did as they asked, but several of us didn't drop our radios. One of our men was already inside altar when all this was going on and since they (enclave) were obviously being hostile towards us he started shooting and killed two of them. By this time One of my clan members and I were in the interrogation room and ran to the dead enclave members to pickup their weapons and start fighting. I suppose you can guess what happened from that point on, a huge firefight ensued and a lot of people died. Before all this happened the enclave told us why they were robbing us, telling us that we had killed one of their members and that it was payback time. The members of my clan then discussed what we should do and determined that our best chance was to fight while we still could. I still think this was the right decision for if we hadn't they would have simply executed us and there would have been no escape. My point is that apparently we didn't have a right to open fire as the CRs are allowed to rob us without any repercussions. This I think is a loophole in the rules and should be addressed, it ended with a friend being banned for what I see as good rp.

Uh, if you were at Devil's then WHY start shooting at Altair? I mean I know there are Enclave people, but I really don't know why your bringing one battle to somewhere else.

Now on topic: Yes it is a little OP, but a lot of things about settlements are OP.

You should of just initiated, that rule is good because us as CR's can sort out things without having to take care of all the stuff at Altar and watch our backs.

Initiating would have been stupid, we were all in the car and would have all died due tot eh fact that we were surrounded by a lot of enclave. We had our best chance when you guys were dispersed throughout the camp and were distracted with the civilians. An initiation would have been outright stupid in that situation

On one occasion, my clan and I ( at that time Caesar's legion) arrived at devils castle and were told by enclave to stay in our car and drop all of our weapons or we would be shot. We did as they asked, but several of us didn't drop our radios. One of our men was already inside altar when all this was going on and since they (enclave) were obviously being hostile towards us he started shooting and killed two of them. By this time One of my clan members and I were in the interrogation room and ran to the dead enclave members to pickup their weapons and start fighting. I suppose you can guess what happened from that point on, a huge firefight ensued and a lot of people died. Before all this happened the enclave told us why they were robbing us, telling us that we had killed one of their members and that it was payback time. The members of my clan then discussed what we should do and determined that our best chance was to fight while we still could. I still think this was the right decision for if we hadn't they would have simply executed us and there would have been no escape. My point is that apparently we didn't have a right to open fire as the CRs are allowed to rob us without any repercussions. This I think is a loophole in the rules and should be addressed, it ended with a friend being banned for what I see as good rp.

Uh, if you were at Devil's then WHY start shooting at Altair? I mean I know there are Enclave people, but I really don't know why your bringing one battle to somewhere else.

Now on topic: Yes it is a little OP, but a lot of things about settlements are OP.

My bad I meant altar all along, got my castles mixed lol.

I once found an SKA member in Altar, he had a baseball bat, he initiated because he knew what was going to happen, he died and his clan gained KOS.

If you're man inside the castle initiated then you probably wouldn't all have died. The CR rules are there because it's their settlement. Would you prefer that whenever a hostile clan entered the camp it resulted in a firefight? No.

He meant to say Altar I believe

I once found an SKA member in Altar, he had a baseball bat, he initiated because he knew what was going to happen, he died and his clan gained KOS.

If you're man inside the castle initiated then you probably wouldn't all have died. The CR rules are there because it's their settlement. Would you prefer that whenever a hostile clan entered the camp it resulted in a firefight? No.

Problem is we were never hostile, we drove straight up to the castle to pick up a friend. We never initiated,on anyone because we found there was no need to do so since we had already been initiated on. As for your question, obviously not, but if a hostile group comes along they would initiate on the camp from the beginning, not sit in a car and wait to be initiated on. Again we were not hostile.

• Sapphire

You said you had a guy outside the car who shot the two enclave, if he had of initiated and done it correctly, there would of been no ban.

I once found an SKA member in Altar, he had a baseball bat, I initiated on him so he then decided to initiate because he knew what was going to happen, he died and his clan gained KOS.

Problem is we were never hostile, we drove straight up to the castle to pick up a friend. We never initiated,on anyone because we found there was no need to do so since we had already been initiated on. As for your question, obviously not, but if a hostile group comes along they would initiate on the camp from the beginning, not sit in a car and wait to be initiated on. Again we were not hostile.

I apologise, I mis-typed, please re-read the paragraph I have quoted.

And if our friend inside altar had initiated we would have all died , I have no doubt in my mind about that. We were in a terrible position, surrounded by over 8 men in the open field right outside altar, it would have been stupid to initiate under such circumstances. I just find the fact that CRs can threaten to kill you and rob you with no negative outcomes outrageous. I understand that people can bait, but that can be done anywhere. CRs should be thoughtful before initiating on the people in their camp. Else these things happen.

I once found an SKA member in Altar, he had a baseball bat, I initiated on him so he then decided to initiate because he knew what was going to happen, he died and his clan gained KOS.

I apologise, I mis-typed, please re-read the paragraph I have quoted.

How did he initiate lol? That's ridiculous, and in my opinion shows no value for life for it was obvious who was going to win. His best chance under such circumstances would have been to comply and then somehow grab one of you by surprise. I can only imagine how ridiculous the whole situation probably was.

Burgs: "Ska man drop your bat right no or be shot"

Ska man : " no you drop your weapons now or be shot"

*boom*

*ska man dies*

it was more

Alex : Man in the red hat, drop the bat now or you will be killed, you have 10 seconds

Ska : *no sound*

Alex : Drop it right now!

Ska : This is the SKA, all of you drop your weapons right now or you will be killed

Alex : PEW! PEW! PEW! *mid sentence*

;D

To be honest I don't know if you've been a CR but, the amount of shit we get daily is ridiculous, it gets so bad being a CR sometimes, you just don't want to play, without benefits like that, I don't know if I'd play at all anymore

undefined

No, I am not a CR, but I do find your comment extremely disconcerting. If you want to be a CR you should be one because you are genuinely interested in it, not because it grants KoS rights on anyone that enters your camp. I mean honestly, the settlement rules basically allow CRs to rob you, and then kill you for no reason, AND you can't defend yourself without announcing that you are going to do so beforehand, completely destroying any chance of actually being able to accomplish anything. This situation only serves to ruin immersion, and promotes the braking of some of the server's most important rules.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't be allowed to rob people or execute them, but the fact that you are completely immune while doing so is preposterous, its not realistic, and doesn't make for good RP. I think that when talking about the subject of hostility every player should have the same rules. If you threaten someone, you should expect retaliation, CR or not, there should always be consequences to hostility.