Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:28

Bad RP Situations?

Guest Vespah

Just wondering. What are your worst BadRP Examples?

Mine has to be "Hey ummm... I just woke up here.."

Yes because you woke up in the middle of an Air Traffic Control tower at North West airfield. Or on the side of the road.

Another one is "well I woke up in Chernarus without remembering a thing".

• Sapphire

A guy opened my bag (by accident) but i was RPing with his that he tried to steal from me and getting a bit angry at him etc.

and he replied with

"for fuck sake man i pressed G dont you know that when you press G and people are stood in front of you it opens their backpack? fucking hell man i didnt mean to press G it was an accident"

• Emerald

well at least they try to RP, the worst one i can think of is probably:

//Hey you zombie skin, you should change your face as it doesn't belong here

or similar situations

P.S it happens alot, stop doing it and RP the thing out instead

Mine would probably have to be the situation in which I came across a borderline troll, who was obsessively searching for a sandwich, but had trouble locating any form of bread, and was talking about how he used to be a General in the US Army, and had crash landed in Chernarus.

He mixed silly with stereotypical. Kinda funny premise about the sandwich, but not great from an RP vantage.

Guest Katherine

This isn't the worst, But it is pretty bad.

So the situation went like this.

Two men apparently got RDM'd. So instead of talking about this over Teamspeak, They decided that everyone in existence should hear them trying to make a report and discuss rules, In game!

The amount of ooc, Was too damn high!

• Legend

Some people I have met have said they have died and just spawned, Come on! use something a bit more original. I always say that the cloth bandit got me again and moved me from my camp and I RP hunting him for a while.

This isn't the worst, But it is pretty bad.

So the situation went like this.

Two men apparently got RDM'd. So instead of talking about this over Teamspeak, They decided that everyone in existence should hear them trying to make a report and discuss rules, In game!

The amount of ooc, Was too damn high!

Tbh.. I do make the mistake where I talk OOC ingame instead of TS but ill admin that.

But yeah its like when people got KoSd in Desal and everyone is like REPORT in chat

• Sapphire

Some people I have met have said they have died and just spawned, Come on! use something a bit more original. I always say that the cloth bandit got me again and moved me from my camp and I RP hunting him for a while.

I always say something like must have drank too much vodka....and what the fuck am i wearing! someone stole my uniform?!

Hmm I have had a few instances of Bad RP.

No.1 (just after the update with the new dance animation): A group of us are huddled around the camp fire, we have just finished discussing the apocalypse and sharing stories, when someone walks over and announces.

"Lets have a dance off!" He promptly starts dancing as we are still sat there. I wish I had recorded it, not just for reporting purposes, but because his groin aligned itself pretty close to my face during the animation :D

No.2 Me and 2 others are in the fire station, its almost server restart. They start talking, "Its the servers restart soon." The other responds, "Yeah, lets all sleep for the night, use these zombies for warmth." And he starts to go prone near a pile of dead zombies. I made a hasty exit out of there after restart.

Hmm I have had a few instances of Bad RP.

No.1 (just after the update with the new dance animation): A group of us are huddled around the camp fire, we have just finished discussing the apocalypse and sharing stories, when someone walks over and announces.

"Lets have a dance off!" He promptly starts dancing as we are still sat there. I wish I had recorded it, not just for reporting purposes, but because his groin aligned itself pretty close to my face during the animation :D

No.2 Me and 2 others are in the fire station, its almost server restart. They start talking, "Its the servers restart soon." The other responds, "Yeah, lets all sleep for the night, use these zombies for warmth." And he starts to go prone near a pile of dead zombies. I made a hasty exit out of there after restart.

I like the "Yeah, lets all sleep for the night, use these zombies for warmth." Bit :D

• Emerald

Was at Ravens nest and i had a mosin nagat sniper and was chit chatting to an asian guy who came from Altar. We chatted about all the rotton food around the place and we aswell hunted a bird that was flying around. When we went outside a vew military guys came so i just did the usual Hello and all say how it is and that its strange that the camp is emty and all when some silent bloke comes up and stares at me for a long time when me and my new asian friend decide to go to stary. When suddenly he aims his gun at me and i say to my friend a bit confushed and layd back 'Hmm that fellow is aiming his gun at me' when he says the usual drop your weapons bullshit and i asked him 'Why?' he didnt say a thing i approached him a bit closer weapon lowerd 'Wait why do i need to drop my weapon for you? If you want anything of me you could just ask boy' he counted down and after that he just out right shot me.

Seriously those damn Gear Horny PVP squeekers...

• Emerald
When suddenly he aims his gun at me and i say to my friend a bit confushed and layd back 'Hmm that fellow is aiming his gun at me' when he says the usual drop your weapons bullshit and i asked him 'Why?' he didnt say a thing i approached him a bit closer weapon lowerd 'Wait why do i need to drop my weapon for you? If you want anything of me you could just ask boy' he counted down and after that he just out right shot me.

I blame this on the fact that a lot of them just have no fucking imagination. There were a million and one things he could have said or done to make it interesting, but he probably just didn't know what to do. Sweaty palms. Adolescent trigger happiness. And some people want the age lowered!

I don't mean to sound ageist here, but I blame youth, plain a simple. When you get older, killing and gear is boring. We've done that. The power trips. Griefing. Camping. The "owning" of others. And so on. When you get older, you're done with all that noise. You look for something... more than that?

Anyway, my example would be sitting at the Free Medic camp near the dam watching these kids playing racist music and saluting one another while standing in the fire. Too scared to commit to actual RP. Too afraid it will make them look "gay". Too dumb, frankly, to know any better. I just left. It was lame.

• Sapphire

I ran into this (what I believe was) 12 year old kid who was trying a Russian character. I don't normally critic impressions because its all apart of the RP. This kid literally wanted me to help him find his "Dead Twin" to recover the gear.

I refused to help him so he decided to initiate on me with a Winchester... Popped a few rounds of my AK into his legs, and walked away as he bled out

• Emerald

The guy I met said he woke up flying, with a parachute strapped on. Then he went on to tell me most of his story which sounded really similar to the storyline of the newest Predator movie.

As much as I hate to be "that guy", but I am not really too much of a fan of this thread... not exactly a great thing to see in the the GD if you are new and the top post you see is "What crappy , non RP stuff has happened to you?

:P

Not complaining too much though tbf, just something i felt the need to point out ;)

That being said I will be fair by actually participating in this thread :D

The worst RP situation I have ever got into was a group of 2/3 men whom attempted to rob me, whilst I am inside a vehicle, and they are outside, surrounded by a horde of like 10-15 zombies and demanding I "Drop my weapons and get out of the vehicle" ...

However, on a happy note, and in response to this thread, I will be posting a "Good RP situations?" thread to try and find a silver lining to this one ;)

A guy opened my bag (by accident) but i was RPing with his that he tried to steal from me and getting a bit angry at him etc.

and he replied with

"for fuck sake man i pressed G dont you know that when you press G and people are stood in front of you it opens their backpack? fucking hell man i didnt mean to press G it was an accident"

This happens all the time..

Was traveling with some civilians and we saw this guy and he comes up and shouts OOC GUSY WHO EVER SHOT ME IS GONNA GET REPORTED AND BANNED. or something retarded like that.

I just type in chat //no one gives a fuck stop going OOC and he was a bit embarrassed.

• Emerald

Sorry to army, even though they are gone, but this needs to be said. Was talking with an enclave private and the second in command of army about SKA when he says they executed Zip and Nika two days ago. So I say: "That's weird, I recently saw them just fine." Then the enclave private trying to rp says:" Yes they never die do they." And the army commander replies "Duh, they respawn."

• Emerald

Man with a lizard stuck down his throat told me I have a small penis.

I will never understand why people like that guy's "lizard down throat" thing so much. It smacks of borderline trolling.

"I have a hedgehog up my ass!"

"Oh! What magnificent roleplay!"

Really? Seriously? Yeah? Alright, see you later...