Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 12:46

CR rules a bit crazy?

Hello, I have been playing dayzRP a while now and was just wondering if anyone else finds the CR rules, especially the fact that CRs can perform any hostile action towards an individual, and that individual cannot do anything about it a bit ridiculous. In my opinion it gives CRs a way to bypass the most basic server rules. Is anyone else with me in this one? If not can you please give me the reason as to why these rules are so one sided and advantageous in favor of the CRs?

When you run a settlement with people who come to cause trouble, Then you can say its ridiculous. if that rule wasn't there, it would be impossible to get people to leave without harming anyone, otherwise we would have to initiate to get someone to leave and they could just turn around and shoot us, So no, I don't find these rules Ridiculous at all.

• Sapphire

These rules only apply within THEIR camp and they still need a valid reason to do it they cant just outright rob you of your stuff(if they do that report them for bad RP and ruleplay over roleplay) disarming someone to go into a survivor camp is hardly hostile to be honest if you think about it realistically (not that they do that anyway).

This is gonna sound harsh to you but its as simple as just not pissing off the CRs

the only thing I do with my CR right is kick people out of camp for being disrespectful or for being too rowdy the only time iv disarmed people is when some cocky guy said "and what just cuz its your camp dosnt mean i wont shoot you"

CRs are only OP if you allow them to be its not like you cant turn around and say no their requests and initiate back on them.

its just kinda stupid that you would come to a survivor camp to cause trouble with them

• Emerald

I don't think these mechanics are being abused at this time and I believe the rules are working quite properly in this case.

If CR's exploited it by just robbing randoms for no reason i would call that ruleplay over roleplay to be honest because the victims cant do anything about it, however if someone is causing trouble then i agree with the CR rules

If CR's exploited it by just robbing randoms for no reason i would call that ruleplay over roleplay to be honest because the victims cant do anything about it, however if someone is causing trouble then i agree with the CR rules

This!

• Sapphire

This!

As stated above record and report ruleplay over roleplay isnt aloud and it just wrecks the RP when people play like that.

*off topic* 200th post :D

In my opinion these rules should be altered, a lot, these rules are easily abused by the CR's, especially when you have some certain clans who are childish, non-role playing who will just abuse the rule because they can, do it for gear etc etc.

• MVP

If people believe that the current CR rules are OP then they should have been here when Haven was first in place.

At that time we were allowed to be much more strict and if someone pissed off CR's then they would be given one warning. If they disregarded that they would be put in a container and either interrogated and shot or just outright executed.

IMO with the current state of the communities attitude towards settlements and CR's, CR's should be much more strict with people dicking about. They might not make many friends but if civilians are good and follow the rules then they should have no problems with CR demands.

Related: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rules-for-crs?pid=444863#pid444863

Basing these on this on the same scenario you mentioned?

They have the rules to prevent someone baiting a response to gain KoS rights. Not the ability to shoot anyone they wish without prior warning.

You should have been reprimanded or questioned, not shot.

Yea I agree, but he would still win the argument by saying that it's not against the rules, so there is not point in me filing a report and have it go on forever.

• Emerald

As an ex CR I have not seen any CRs abusing their power. Being a CR can be very stressful and at some points you will be the only CR in the settlement, when you are you will need all the power you can get to make sure everyone follows the camp rules.

If CRs start abusing their powers something should be done about it.

Ok I will give you guys another example. On one occasion, my clan and I ( at that time Caesar's legion) arrived at devils castle and were told by enclave to stay in our car and drop all of our weapons or we would be shot. We did as they asked, but several of us didn't drop our radios. One of our men was already inside altar when all this was going on and since they (enclave) were obviously being hostile towards us he started shooting and killed two of them. By this time One of my clan members and I were in the interrogation room and ran to the dead enclave members to pickup their weapons and start fighting. I suppose you can guess what happened from that point on, a huge firefight ensued and a lot of people died. Before all this happened the enclave told us why they were robbing us, telling us that we had killed one of their members and that it was payback time. The members of my clan then discussed what we should do and determined that our best chance was to fight while we still could. I still think this was the right decision for if we hadn't they would have simply executed us and there would have been no escape. My point is that apparently we didn't have a right to open fire as the CRs are allowed to rob us without any repercussions. This I think is a loophole in the rules and should be addressed, it ended with a friend being banned for what I see as good rp.

The CR rules work. They can only execute people with a valid so it's not like they can shoot everyone in their camp they don't like, they have the power to police their settlement and a small area around it and that's all.

Without these rules running settlements was virtually impossible. If someone had been trolling for a while and refused to leave you would be forced to initiate on him only to be lit up by all his friends in the trees. Civilians would open fire on "CRs" indiscriminately in firefights for no reason other than to get their gear.

I think more times than not the CR rules are used fine. Anyone can find those isolated incidents where they feel the rules were abused. It is my opinion that more times then not if it wasn't for those rules the settlements and camps would get abused worse than they already do. I know as a former CR before the Ravens got CR powers at the nest it was a nightmare that wasn't worth the aggravation and that was why the Nest left for a short time then came back when we were able to get CR powers

Guest The Nightmare

The CR rights are insane. I can understand that its their camp so their rules. It is just miserable though most of the time i dont even go to camps anymore because im afraid one of the CRs will disarm me so they can have my weapon. It really just gets annoying after time.