Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 16:08

Confused new player :/

Guest Shadow

Hello all!

I am new to this community and after having signed up for it I have found myself confused..

For one thing i received a email with a code in it that i was told to use for a activation yet i have no clue where to put this code? :/

Secondly i have just found out whitelisting has ended, do i apply and wait for another slot to open? or simply just leave the community?

This is such an incredible shame since i was extremely excited to begin a legit roleplaying experience in the DayZ world with other people who feel as i do.

I am more then qualified to pariticate as i am 18 years old and have extensive DayZ experience. Especially in relation to creating a story for one of my many DayZ personalities. Another issue seems to be that (from what i can tell) your servers are only European which makes it impossible for an Australian such as myself to play on your servers with such horrible ping.

Hopefully I am wrong and you have more then just European servers I know personally alot of players in the US and Australia that would be interested in such an amazing DayZ experience.

Perhaps your community would consider expanding atleast midway between the US and Australia (such as a Singapore server) not for me (ofcourse) but for the potentially large player base that exists here.

Once again i am new to this community and know very little of it this post is based on my first impressions of this website, hopefully i have had a stupid moment and am completely wrong.

• Legend

If you want to whiteliste you have to donate currently. This may change in the future, but there is no ETA.

About the ping-issue, we have a lot of US and Australian players in the community and they seem to play fine without any major problems. They have a high ping of course, but when it comes to roleplaying that doesn't matter that much :)

• Sapphire

Yeah whitelisting is closed to non donors at the moment because the admins get tonnes of applications that they have to get through so for now it is closed should open up mid month maybe?

And yeah the servers are based around Europe as thats where the server owner lives i dont believe its impossible for Australians too play though as im sure we have an Australian in my clan.

Welcome and let me start off with this.

If you want to get your application looked at you can donate 5 euros to the server and it will get checked by the admins. It is in no way a guaranteed whitelist though.

Yes the servers are based in Europe but there are plenty of people who play around the world. This has one of the most diverse and fun communities on Dayz. I myslef am from the US and I have a decent ping, not great but it works. Their are also a lot of people from Australia who play here. The SASR are a clan with a lot of Australians in it which you might like to check out if you get whitelisted.

I dont know about the code thing you are talking about for the email as it has been a while since I applied.

I hope this helped and wish you luck.

If you want to whiteliste you have to donate currently. This may change in the future, but there is no ETA.

About the ping-issue, we have a lot of US and Australian players in the community and they seem to play fine without any major problems. They have a high ping of course, but when it comes to roleplaying that doesn't matter that much :)

Yeah when it comes to roleplaying they should have no problem. But if lets say they are in a clan. And that clan has a camp. And the camp gets attacked. Sincerely i think i can hatchet somebody down if he has even a slight delay and he sees me where i was 1 second ago. Then again there should not be so much pvp on this server anyway, but still it can be dodgy for american/non european players

• Legend

Yeah when it comes to roleplaying they should have no problem. But if lets say they are in a clan. And that clan has a camp. And the camp gets attacked. Sincerely i think i can hatchet somebody down if he has even a slight delay and he sees me where i was 1 second ago. Then again there should not be so much pvp on this server anyway, but still it can be dodgy for american/non european players

Had a couple of Aussies in CLF and they seemed to do fine in firefights aswell :)

wow thanks alot everybody for the replies (usually most forums arent so active) good to know there is defanetly some good people in this community!

And as long as the ping limits of the server are below 500ish i honestly wouldnt have too much of a problem playing on your servers, i just assumed due to whitelisting your servers were strict with ping but it seems that is not an issue.

I can appreciate that whitelisting is open to donors only for the moment i have been a admin in the past and understand the costs of running good servers as well as teamspeaks and websites, eventually it all adds up.

Unfortunately I dont think me and my friend (who hasnt registered yet) will be donating simply to play on a server. Maybe with more information on the actual donation (eg:is it weekly, monthly, one off thing?) we may consider it but even if we did donate it seems that we most likely wont be able to join your servers and it would simply be a waste of our money.

However after watching several youtube series that were conducted on this server believe me it is VERY tempting to donate. The concept of roleplaying in such a unique game offers some amazing options for fun and entertainment.

I was also wondering IF in the event we actually did gain access to your servers would you allow streaming/youtubing to be conducted freely or would there be any restrictions as to what could be filmed?

• Sapphire

wow thanks alot everybody for the replies (usually most forums arent so active) good to know there is defanetly some good people in this community!

And as long as the ping limits of the server are below 500ish i honestly wouldnt have too much of a problem playing on your servers, i just assumed due to whitelisting your servers were strict with ping but it seems that is not an issue.

I can appreciate that whitelisting is open to donors only for the moment i have been a admin in the past and understand the costs of running good servers as well as teamspeaks and websites, eventually it all adds up.

Unfortunately I dont think me and my friend (who hasnt registered yet) will be donating simply to play on a server. Maybe with more information on the actual donation (eg:is it weekly, monthly, one off thing?) we may consider it but even if we did donate it seems that we most likely wont be able to join your servers and it would simply be a waste of our money.

However after watching several youtube series that were conducted on this server believe me it is VERY tempting to donate. The concept of roleplaying in such a unique game offers some amazing options for fun and entertainment.

I was also wondering IF in the event we actually did gain access to your servers would you allow streaming/youtubing to be conducted freely or would there be any restrictions as to what could be filmed?

You dont have to donate at all you are not required to spend a single penny unless you want to. (i only did because i didnt want to wait and im vain enough to like using different outfits)

In regards to streaming/youtube go to your hearts content

Indeed i probably wouldnt donate if i knew for sure that i could join for free at some time but i dont want to be waiting months on end for a server no matter how good it is.

Anyway I have to discuss this with my associate before we decide to take the risk of donating or simply just wait.

BTW Valkerion990 your not the guy on youtube who has very recently been posting videos of these servers playing as the school teacher Alexander?? (That is the main series ive been watching!)

Firstly about Donation. You don't have donate if you don't want to, the Whitelisting will hopefully be opening back up Soon, but should you choose to Donate, here's the details about it:

It's a one off deal, unless you ever want to donate more.

What you get out of Donating, are as follows:

Whitelisting Access (At the moment), and Application Priority (When the whitelist is open to everyone. Lets you get seen quicker than the average joe).

Immunity from the Forum Cleanup Program. (If you don't access your account after two months as a non-donator, your account is deleted to clear up space in the database).

Varying forum name colours, depending on how much you donate overall.

Currency in the Donation Exchange to purchase skins you can use In Game.

And you also get an extended PM inbox.

And now for the Streaming: Feel free to Stream as much as you like, we won't force you. The only time we'd get annoyed about it is if you didn't credit us, and claimed something ridiculous, like you owned the server. We like our publicity. Don't fret about it though. Whenever you play on our servers, there will be a little "DayZRP" watermark in the bottom left corner, so as long as you don't cover that, you're good. :3

Hope that helped!

TrilbyAsh thanks for the info much appreciated! I think we defianetly have enough info about the servers and donating now like i stated earlier i just have to discuss it with my associate.

I only have one more question; once a background story for myself has been fabricated is that story stuck with me for the entirety of my time in the community or can i change it at an appropriate time? (for example i die and lose everything i had).

Your character is your character. We'd never force you to be who you say you are on your background, for one that, that'd be too hard to enforce on our end. But it'd be downright mean of us to force you to one character.

Most of us here can't even remember what we used in our background stories anyways, we play whatever characters we feel like playing at the time. There's some out there with five or more character profiles in their ARMA set, so they can play a large assortment of characters.

The background you write in the application is to pretty much see how you fare when it comes to story-weaving, and to see if you're a troll or not. You wouldn't believe how many "I am Ex US Spec Ops Super Soldier Medic Fighter Jet Pilot dat crashed landed on Chernarus and is now stuck here." (One little tip, would be to possibly make a more mundane style of backstory. I've always found that the more fantastic and unlikely origin stories are just...Pretty dull really! xD)

Good luck! :3

• Sapphire

As Mr Hofer over here said, the ping doesn't really affect much. I'm Australian and my ping is usually over 300, but I don't notice anything. Literally, I don't notice anything at all, it runs perfectly fine.

Couldnt agree more on that! What role-playing ive experienced in regular DayZ usually was limited to the old "Im Ex-military", or "i lost my family". More variety and creativity is what makes communities like this special. Hopefully i can put my creativity to practical use soon!

And thanks for all your help! again much appreciated!

My pleasure Amir, good luck on your Application, and I hope you enjoy being here!

As a side note, you'll want to post somewhere outside of the Joining/Leaving section of the forums. We've got an automated system that deletes any accounts that have a zero post count after 30 days, donator or not, so it's encouraged that you look around the forums, and maybe contribute to any discussions. It'll help let you get a feel for the server, and prevent yourself from getting caught up in the automated system.

Will do friend i hope there is alot of bandit topics in the forums! (if not perhaps ill just start a few) ill be sure to avoid holding you up should we cross paths in the DayZ world :) I know once i get in game my first name will certainly be Amir so keep an eye out for me.

• Sapphire

Indeed i probably wouldnt donate if i knew for sure that i could join for free at some time but i dont want to be waiting months on end for a server no matter how good it is.

Anyway I have to discuss this with my associate before we decide to take the risk of donating or simply just wait.

BTW Valkerion990 your not the guy on youtube who has very recently been posting videos of these servers playing as the school teacher Alexander?? (That is the main series ive been watching!)

Erm no that wouldnt be me iv only been in one major youtube video i believe (Jugss DayzRP channel) where he spends 20 minutes interrogating and executing me.

Will do friend i hope there is alot of bandit topics in the forums! (if not perhaps ill just start a few) ill be sure to avoid holding you up should we cross paths in the DayZ world :) I know once i get in game my first name will certainly be Amir so keep an eye out for me.

Hah, don't you fret, there's quite a large amount of Bandit-Threads out there, so you should have your pick of the litter. And should you bump into me In Game, don't fret about holding me up if you want. I'm sure I won't have anything you'd want anyways, but I always do love Interaction! xD