Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 12:12

ithon

i often find that when trying to log in to a given server at one specific time there will be about 5 different people all spamming the join button to get the last spot in the server. sometimes you can end up waiting half an hour to get into a sserver at peak times and other times 2 minutes when someone else has being waiting half an hour. i was wondering if it was even possible to add in a que function upon server load in. for example on player joining it will come up with a message saying " you are 2nd in joining que please wait ". was just wondering if this is even possible.

• Sapphire

In my oppinion the servers have been dying down a little bit recently iv always been able to get on where as before they were always full to the brim.

Perhaps a fix for it would be to keep S3 up permanently? maybe add one of the newer settlements to S3 to give people incentive to go on it?

Could help spread some of the clans across more servers too

In my oppinion the servers have been dying down a little bit recently iv always been able to get on where as before they were always full to the brim.

Perhaps a fix for it would be to keep S3 up permanently? maybe add one of the newer settlements to S3 to give people incentive to go on it?

Could help spread some of the clans across more servers too

yeah thats a possibility. but like usually atfer the 9 restart settlements are attacked and before the restart you need to get on to get in a defensive or attacking position but the servers are always full. maybe keeping server 3 up might be a good option but set only to go up at high traffic times ?

• Sapphire

Thats all S3 is for at the moment when S1 and S2 are completely full they open S3 however if it was open permanently it would spread out some of the traffic i believe.

If 20 people from both servers would leave S1 and S2 and go on S3 you would 40/60 across the board creating a nice balance so where ever you go you're bound to find some RP there.

But yes the servers tend to get full after 9 because of the tradition of daily attacks on altar castle 5 seconds after the restart.

Thats all S3 is for at the moment when S1 and S2 are completely full they open S3 however if it was open permanently it would spread out some of the traffic i believe.

If 20 people from both servers would leave S1 and S2 and go on S3 you would 40/60 across the board creating a nice balance so where ever you go you're bound to find some RP there.

But yes the servers tend to get full after 9 because of the tradition of daily attacks on altar castle 5 seconds after the restart.

+1

• MVP

"Logic"

Sadly it doesn't work like that. People go to the one where they have the highest chance of meeting people which is the high population servers.

The same logic goes with every other game server. Only a few will go to the low population server for other reasons.

• Sapphire

"Logic"

Sadly it doesn't work like that. People go to the one where they have the highest chance of meeting people which is the high population servers.

The same logic goes with every other game server. Only a few will go to the low population server for other reasons.

Oh i know thats why i said in a earlier post to add some incentive to go there like a new settlement.

The reason nobody goes on S3 unless they really have to is because nothing is there...

You have the choice between 3 servers 2 of them actually have stuff on them the 3rd dosnt its an obvious choice at the moment. but easily changed

its just people loot running and attempting to avoid people at all costs on S3 but like i said easily changed

Oh i know thats why i said in a earlier post to add some incentive to go there like a new settlement.

The reason nobody goes on S3 unless they really have to is because nothing is there...

You have the choice between 3 servers 2 of them actually have stuff on them the 3rd dosnt its an obvious choice at the moment. but easily changed

its just people loot running and attempting to avoid people at all costs on S3 but like i said easily changed

i dont think it would change that much unless the server was permenantely up. When S3 goes up now nobody joins for the reasons you stated. i think if it was permenantely up with another settlement then it may help to solve this problem

• Sapphire

i dont think it would change that much unless the server was permenantely up. When S3 goes up now nobody joins for the reasons you stated. i think if it was permenantely up with another settlement then it may help to solve this problem

Perhaps il put forward the suggestion later im at work at the moment (on break) so il write up an essay later for Rolle to instantly deny xD

• Sapphire

it might be possible but would take alot to do. but yeah would be cool but i don't think this would be on the admins priority list.

it might be possible but would take alot to do. but yeah would be cool but i don't think this would be on the admins priority list.

i can see it being very buggy and it would take a lot of time to get right. would be a nice addition though.

• MVP

Had a queue, didn't work so well, practically broke the servers, as Sumos said.

I'd suggest joining s1, s2, or s3 if they are available. If you can't "RP" without being at your favorite settlement, well, that's too bad. I've personally found roleplay at settlements to be one of the least realistic things on the server.