Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 16:02

Request for a change in rules

Novac

Your opinion  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

As a CR of a camp when a group of unmarked Civs attack your settlement it is impossible to identify the attackers and even when you think you have, your too scared to shoot encase you hit someone not involved and get banned, it ruins role play and ruins fun for CRs and Civs who get shot in confusion. I have two suggestions to fix this and these are:

The ability to initiate on a settlement should be limited to Clan Groups and clan groups should have a clear uniform to prevent random Civ deaths.

or

After the 30 second initiation on a Settlement all players within 100 meters of the camp, or at least within the camp and anyone attempting to enter the camp, will have no penalty if killed in confusion/ crossfire. i know this seems extreme but its a realistic alternative, if you hear mass gunfire within alter, attempt to make contact before getting too close, also i understand a lot of people log in and around alter during a firefight without knowing, to fix this a rule should be in place that non CRs are not allowed to log out within 200 meters of alter and anyone logging in within this zone during a fire fight and then killed in the fire fight would be collateral damage and it would be their fault.

I would like these ideas to be seriously considered and anyone with an opinion feel free to post it here.

• Sapphire

undefined

• Legend

This is from Kanen on the forums: He has had this problem for 2 days now and he has done everything he can think of to sort it out used different web browsers - ringing is ISP and he keeps just getting undefined everytime he posts so he is asking please can you fix his forum account.

• Sapphire

I don't think that's possible but maybe a admin could send out a message that Alter has become a Fire fight zone and another one that says when the firefight is over, over side chat or a admin message. although this would require an admin to always be on.

• MVP

I totally agree with you, problem is attackers and other folks had majority in past to lobby a shitty change that helped them in short term.

To be precise, in past at Haven we had exactly same rule, nr. 2 you mentioned.What's more Haven had a special alarm post thingy that played high pitched alarm siren that was heard within 300m radius. Yet, for some folks gunshots + siren was not enough to realise that shit is going down, were coming towards the camp (camp that was let me remind you in a middle of a forest far away from any traveling routes),getting themselves killed resulting in butthurt and reports.

If back then a 'compromise' was made to throw away such rule then in current state the idea will be ostracised even more. Unless something has changed...

• Sapphire

well cant we bring that back and when they do create reports and are proven to have been within the sirens limit and had a warning their reports become void?

• MVP

well cant we bring that back and when they do create reports and are proven to have been within the sirens limit and had a warning their reports become void?

You must be new here, obvious solutions & features are rarely being implemented over here.

You must be new here, obvious solutions & features are rarely being implemented over here.

This.

p.s. Hi, Goz.

I was killed today during a firefight when four civilians initiated on the camp. A guy came up the gatehouse and I couldn't identify if he was a civilian that was in the camp before or an enemy. I let him hide and the second I turn my back I'm shot and killed. The only reason I didn't shoot him was the fear of being reported for KoS. It is nearly impossible for CR's to identify attackers from civilians when the attackers are civilians themselves. I agree that there needs to be a rule that if civilians are in the firefight zone and are killed that they cannot create a report for it.

• Sapphire

xD, been around long enough to get a ban from killing Civs in alter :/

be nice if a Admin decided this was a "obvious solution" too and made a change :D hint hint.

• Sapphire

Maybe there should be some sort of siren that can be activated that would warn others that the camp is under attack.

Desal has a siren, but it's incredibly glitchy and can't be used most of the time.

but is their a rule alongside the siren that says if a civ hears it and still comes to diesel and dies any report he makes is invalid? because that what we really need.

• Sapphire

Maybe there should be some sort of siren that can be activated that would warn others that the camp is under attack.

Desal has a siren, but it's incredibly glitchy and can't be used most of the time.

but is their a rule alongside the siren that says if a civ hears it and still comes to diesel and dies any report he makes is invalid? because that what we really need.

Chances are they wouldn't of heard it since barely anyone can. That's why we don't have and shouldn't have that rule.

• Sapphire

well maybe a sidechat announcement or a admin announcement.

The golden rule is to play fairly - to treat others the way they should treat you, so it's a level playing field that's enjoyable for everyone.

If you can attack a camp, gaining KOS rights on everyone carrying a weapon inside that camp, but the folks in the camp don't get the same rights, then it's not fair: the golden rule has been broken. If they can't shoot back at anyone outside of the camp carrying a weapon, then that's a major imbalance.

To implement the golden rule here -- fair play -- then either the attackers would be required to be wearing a uniform so that both sides can identify fair targets, OR, the people in the camp need to be allowed to shoot anyone surrounding the camp who reasonably looks like an attacker (i.e. they have a gun and aren't running away).

The golden rule is to play fairly - to treat others the way they should treat you, so it's a level playing field that's enjoyable for everyone.

If you can attack a camp, gaining KOS rights on everyone carrying a weapon inside that camp, but the folks in the camp don't get the same rights, then it's not fair: the golden rule has been broken. If they can't shoot back at anyone outside of the camp carrying a weapon, then that's a major imbalance.

To implement the golden rule here -- fair play -- then either the attackers would be required to be wearing a uniform so that both sides can identify fair targets, OR, the people in the camp need to be allowed to shoot anyone surrounding the camp who reasonably looks like an attacker (i.e. they have a gun and aren't running away).

I love this and I completely agree.

• Sapphire

see that's exactly what I'm saying :) I only know a few clans that have distinctive clothing those being 501st, XM, Enclave, SVR and UKSF but it would save a lot of reports if you could only attack in a clan and in clan clothing.

• MVP

Rule 1 seems much easier to implement and enforce than rule 2.

Civ's don't need to take on a camp with 10+, heavily armed and most likely pissed off CR's to get gear. Civ's can just go to Stary, pick up an M4 and come back to Altar to RP.

I personally prefer that only clans with a good roleplay reason to attack Altar (or Desal) are allowed to do so. To me, a small group of civilians shouldn't have the right to attack a settlement. It causes KoS reports and in turn creates much more un-needed work for the Staff team.

• Sapphire

Civ's don't need to take on a camp with 10+, heavily armed and most likely pissed off CR's to get gear. Civ's can just go to Stary, pick up an M4 and come back to Altar to RP.

I personally prefer that only clans with a good roleplay reason to attack Altar (or Desal) are allowed to do so. To me, a small group of civilians shouldn't have the right to attack a settlement. It causes KoS reports and in turn creates much more un-needed work for the Staff team.

completely agree, the second idea is just an alternative but i agree is messier and harder to implement, also if the first idea was implemented i think all applying clans should have to provide a uniform, they don't have to wear this all the time but when they're attacking settlements they should have to wear this uniform or not attack.

• Sapphire

This is a very bad problem that results in banning's of people who misidentified people because they look the same.

• Sapphire

This is a very bad problem that results in banning's of people who misidentified people because they look the same.

i understand that some clans do have uniforms that just consist of a simple balaclava or something like that but they should have to provide a more distinctive uniform that they use for attacks, i'm not saying they have to wear it all the time so they can be identified as bandits from a mile away but just for if they are going to attack settlements. also defenders should have to do the same as its only fair i think the 501st's clothing is very distinctive.

My opinion: I think the problem is here because people are simply thinking too hard.

The fact that altar has problems is now because of the civilian skins, but the fact that the innocent civilians don't have a place to hide… is the trouble maker.

If you create a settlement , you should think about this problem and state a CR rule, that when an attack is going on that Civilians have to go to a area of the camp where they can comply.

Any civilians who do not follow the procoution will risk their life to be mis-identified by the defending party.

Also you should strictly let civilians defend if they want. And if they defend that they MUST hold one position with the notification that they could get mis-identified if not doing so.

This would also enable some rp drills in a hostile situation towards the camp.

This was just an idea, and my point of view on this topic.

• Emerald

This

Also we had a old drill wich was harsh but solved the issue

if the camp gets initiated upon then we quickly tell all civilians to leave the camp within 30 seconds or they will be considert hostile with repeated warningd every 5 to 10 seconds

after 30 seconds we kill everybody who isnt a CR of friendly clan within the camp and then hold it in lockdown and see how it goes

Or tell all civilians to move to the helipad with Melee weapon in 30 seconds so quick as possible with repeated warnings while we consider every civilian hostile outside the helipad or any civilian with a gun