Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 16:31

Thinking of buying a gaming mouse

ConorJD

I currently use a microsoft mouse and it works fine, no complaints.

I've been looking at the 2013 Razor deathadder (6400dpi) which claims it does this and that for precision and what not. If I purchase this, is there going to be a real noticable difference between the mouse I'm currently using and the one I'm thinking of buying?

Also mouse mats. Does a good mouse mat make a big difference between a cheap standard mouse mat?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C

I'm going to post on here because I am also thinking about getting a gaming mouse, hopefully I can be persuaded to :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Razer-DeathAdder-2013-6400-DPI-4G-Optical-Sensor-Gaming-Mouse-for-PC-Mac-/271332497034?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_JoysticksJoypadsGamepads&hash=item3f2cad568a#ht_6062wt_1378

I'm looking at this at the moment. It looks clean, it claims to be ultra precise and it's cheap compared to those multi button mouses.

I'm going to post on here because I am also thinking about getting a gaming mouse, hopefully I can be persuaded to :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Razer-DeathAdder-2013-6400-DPI-4G-Optical-Sensor-Gaming-Mouse-for-PC-Mac-/271332497034?pt=UK_Computing_ComputerComponents_JoysticksJoypadsGamepads&hash=item3f2cad568a#ht_6062wt_1378

I'm looking at this at the moment. It looks clean, it claims to be ultra precise and it's cheap compared to those multi button mouses.

Hmm, looks good, but in my opinion, not good enough for £37 ;)

• Legend

I currently use the Logitech G500s and I am very satisified. Has the buttons I need and is comfortable to use for longer sessions. I always played with the Logitech MX500 (and it's successors like G500) and I have NEVER had any trouble.

I would recommend a large mousepad aswell, don't need to spend millions on it. I currently have this one which is relatively large and comfortable. It is also made in a rubberish material which makes it easy to clean.

• Emerald

[align=justify]I just got the DeathAdder 2013 (few days ago), I'm satisfied. It's a great mouse: not too gimmicky, high DPI, 2 buttons on the side, fits the hand (it's a big mouse) and it looks great.

If you're looking for something with more buttons take a look at the Razer Naga with the 6 extra buttons (the 12 is horrible).

It depends on what you're playing.

• Sapphire

Razer Naga Epic is the mouse I use. Its is a bit pricey with the $120 tag. there is the non wireless one for $70 thou and its about the same quality. I pair mine with a Razer mouse pad ans I have very good precision. Also I went from just a normal Hp mouse to the Naga and felt a big difference.

• Emerald

I currently use the Logitech G500s and I am very satisified. Has the buttons I need and is comfortable to use for longer sessions. I always played with the Logitech MX500 (and it's successors like G500) and I have NEVER had any trouble.

I can personally tell you that the G500s lays close to my heart. I've had the whole setup of Gaming mouses and this is far the best mouse i have ever owned.

Got through g5, g500 and now g500s

• Emerald

All in all though, does it really make that much difference?

I never feel Im lacking something ingame with my microsoft mouse, I don't use a mouse mat either.

Will I notice a huge improvement?

Huge improvement? No. But you'll definitely feel a difference. They're more accurate (high DPI), more smooth and most of them are ergonomically designed; so they're more comfortable.

You'll probably get a bigger difference from the mouse pad you use. If you're using a microsoft mouse you likely have an awful mouse mat too.

I'd also recommend the Deathadder. I've had the old one and just got the new version, great mouse.

I was also using a wireless microsoft mouse for about a year and thought it was fine, didn't see the point in getting a new one. But boy did it make a difference. Others have said it won't be that different but it was for me, never looked back.

You'll probably get a bigger difference from the mouse pad you use. If you're using a microsoft mouse you likely have an awful mouse mat too.

I'd also recommend the Deathadder. I've had the old one and just got the new version, great mouse.

I don't use a mouse mat ;)

I think I will go with Deathadder, I'm purchasing a new headset, keyboard, peripherals and a webcam this month so I don't want to hit the bank account too hard.

I never knew gaming mouse mats existed until today. I think I'll shop around and pick up one of the suggested ones above.

Thanks a lot guys.

I was also using a wireless microsoft mouse for about a year and thought it was fine, didn't see the point in getting a new one. But boy did it make a difference. Others have said it won't be that different but it was for me, never looked back.

• Emerald

The death adder is very overrated, I would recommend a steelseries sensei.

• Sapphire

I have a roccat kova+

i actually dont notice the difference between my standard microsoft mouse and this one if im honest.

It is very helpful to have the extra buttons though as i can use them for TS but thats about all i have used them for.

Slightly pricey last time i checked though...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ROCCAT-Performance-Gaming-Mouse-ROC-11-520/dp/B004E4FY4U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386083142&sr=8-1&keywords=roccat+kova%2B

*edit* price isnt too bad at the moment i suppose depends how much your willing too spend

• Sapphire

I'm using this Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse , very good gaming mouse for my first buy.

Iv heard the sharkoon fireglider is very good too

• Sapphire

Deathadder all the way, had mine since June and it has worked perfectly. :)

Deathadder user reporting in! Been using mine for at least 3 years and it's still working perfectly<3

My old mouse was a Deathadder, and well I didn't really like it I like my hand really far up on the mouse, and with the Deathadder my hand kept slipping down in whilst I was gaming.

But I've just recently bought a Razer Naga 2014 and it is AMAZING!!!

• Sapphire

I too want to get a new mouse, although I bought a Naga (I think that's it's name) recently, I need buttons for Push-To-Talk etc. and therefor am thinking of buying a new mouse :)