Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 09:12

Should I get Arma 3 for Altis RP

AncientPilgrim

• Emerald

Title!

I don't have a lot of money, so I want to be sure that AltisRP's going to last a while and I'm not wasting my cash.

Should I get Arma 3 or is it just that terrible?

I personally didn't liked it at all, I played only a few times but it was enough. I wouldn't recommend buying it for the game itself but it's your own choice. I never tried Altis yet so I can't confirm for that part.

• Emerald

I never suggest any game if people are considering to buy it just for some mod or one mission. At the moment AltisRP is just testing of how the servers work and how the game itself works. It's more of an DM with everyone shooting each other at the moment. It's going to need rules, backstory, whitelisted cops and players until it will be properly set up. And to be honest I don't like the fact that people are bringing the DayZ clans to there.

Hopefully we can get those soon.

• Sapphire

I never suggest any game if people are considering to buy it just for some mod or one mission. At the moment AltisRP is just testing of how the servers work and how the game itself works. It's more of an DM with everyone shooting each other at the moment. It's going to need rules, backstory, whitelisted cops and players until it will be properly set up. And to be honest I don't like the fact that people are bringing the DayZ clans to there.

Hopefully we can get those soon.

They are planning on doing that but for now it is just a open test server

• Legend

there is a sensible police presence on the AltisRP server just not all the time, as for buying arma3 hell why not its a good game and the mods that will be released should be epic

when i bought arma 2 i bought it for dayzRP, but then i found out that the arma2 is awesome game. i think you should buy arma3 because its awesome game too. and no one here cant say how long altisRP last but you should take fun out of while it last. you will get money more later (i think :D)

• Sapphire

I dont know what it is about Arma3.

its got better graphics ,smoother gameplay yet i hate it and i cant even explain why

Perhaps because its not finished yet il give it a proper looking over when its actually finished because at this stage id still call it beta.

On a side note every assault rifle/SMG sounds the same and that is something i definitely don't like.

Guest John Le Bear

I have been playing arma 3 on and off since the alpha release. Honestly I wouldn't get it just for the sake of AltisRP, the game its self is not that good.

I still have way more fun on DayZRP and arma 2.

• Sapphire

It's supposedly very fun once you have money, but just starting out, all it is walking extreme distances to get to other towns