Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:33

Gaming PC

Guest DerpityDolphin

Guest DerpityDolphin

Hey guys just wanted to ask around if anyone could recommend a good gaming pc! I am currently using a average gaming pc that still gets lag when i walk in towns in DayZ but i just wanted to ask if you guys could send me links to really good gaming pc's at good prices!

I would recommend you to build your own!

It might sound really scary at first but it is pretty much just a matter of plugging in stuff into their respective slot. In other words, really easy!

If you have no clue about what components are good I would recommend you to look around PC forums and look through some benchmarks yourself.

If you are American (apparently available for UK as well) , I would recommend that you use the website http://pcpartpicker.com/ to find the lowest price on your components.

Guest domosloth

Yeah like the first reply said, you should build your pc. More bang for your buck, and it just feels amazing once you finally get it pieced together! Here are some websites to find pc parts newegg.com and amazon.com

Guest DerpityDolphin

I would recommend you to build your own!

It might sound really scary at first but it is pretty much just a matter of plugging in stuff into their respective slot. In other words, really easy!

If you have no clue about what components are good I would recommend you to look around PC forums and look through some benchmarks yourself.

If you are American (apparently available for UK as well) , I would recommend that you use the website http://pcpartpicker.com/ to find the lowest price on your components.

r=Thankyou guys i will try my best to build one!

First thing: never look at benchmarks. They lie so much it makes me want to slowly kill the ones who did those.

second : if u want a long term pc and u dont have a high budget i would recommend amd/ati since it seems amd is now the leader with bf4 watch dogs and other games to come.

Third: never go on forums where people start to argue....they will invent things just to proove their thing is better.

Most importantly : get a damn good cooler. As much as you think its not important....trust me you dont want your pc to melt down while playing bf4 because you bought a water cooler(which are complete trash)

Hey guys just wanted to ask around if anyone could recommend a good gaming pc! I am currently using a average gaming pc that still gets lag when i walk in towns in DayZ but i just wanted to ask if you guys could send me links to really good gaming pc's at good prices!

If you're looking to play a lot of ARMA 2, ARMA 3 and DayZ Standalone (when it comes out) then you NEED to have an Intel based system. As someone who bought the top AMD processor at the time, I can safely say that it's been highly disappointing and I wish I'd researched more into it.

However with the next gen consoles, they will be utilizing multiple cores so my AMD 8 Core still has hope of doing well. It runs BF4 incredibly well with a mid-high range GPU. I can get over 60 FPS on High on almost every map.

If you're not looking to put it together yourself then buy the parts and then price up labour charges at a local computer shop for them to put it together for you. I know a shop in my hometown put together my PC for just £60, which I felt was worth it to make sure that I didn't ruin my build :P

Guest domosloth

Arma isn't that optimized well it really is CPU oriented. I have an i7 and a nvidea 2gb gtx 660 to and I still get at least a drop of fifteen frames in cities... So just make sure you're getting the right parts for the games you're gonna play