Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 13:15

• Sapphire

It was the silence.

The damming silence.

I peered into the dark passageway. Stray beams of dim light streaked through the blackness, dust dancing aimlessly inside of them. The wet concrete floor checkered light blues and the pipes that entangled the ceiling dripped methodically. I sat there, slumped, weakened by battles long fought. The shaking had started again, it always returns when it grows quiet. I ran my torn and bloodied calised fingers through my matted hair.

"You shouldn't do it" I hushed

"You shouldn't excite them" I whispered.

But I had to. The silence returned, along with its passengers of whispers and malice. It would take me if I didn't. Blinking through the desperate tears I mustered what little strength I had left and rose with a great weight. Nearly stumbling, I stood. Immediately chilled blots of pain shot through my leg. I let out a grunt, the pain escaping my lungs. It didn't matter, I needed to hear them. Dragging my now half dead limb I shambled step after step, my eyes locked with that door. I broke through the beams of light with a lazy march. I struggled through the shadows and the damp cold. Finally my hands rested upon the cold metal of the sole vanguard that kept me alive. I ran my palms down it's smooth steel, finally coming to rest my head against it. My hand tensed, quacking with anger. With a rage I slammed my fist.

*Clank*

Again, harder

*Clank*

Have they gone?

*Clank*

No.. They couldn't have

*Clank*

Please...

*Clank*

I exhaled in relief as the their soft words reached my ears. A peaceful humming greeted me.

*Clank*

Louder they comforted me, cutting through the silence and speaking words of warmth.

*Clank*

I smiled as I released my fiery muscles, sliding down the hard metal, slowly, peacefully.

I can rest now.

I awoke, stuttering specks of blood across my musty jacket. My breath was precious now, fading with ever stoke. And again, the maddening silence. It surrounded me, weighing down my arms, pushing against my chest, I couldn't move. It slithered up my shoulder and wrapped its tendrils around my neck. I could feel my light dimming... everything growing so quiet....It was coming...soon.

"no..." I gasped.

"no.." I whispered.

"No" I spoke.

"No" I proclaimed.

"NO" I shattered.

"NO!" I thundered.

I will not go silently into the void. I will NOT leave this place without my voice. Angerly, riotously I arouse. My hand, now firm and steady reached into my pack, I felt the cold handle of my weapon. They expect me to flicker, to extinguish like a flame. The want my will to succumb to their taunts and whispers, to head to their power. I will not fade away! I will not be silenced! And if I am to die here, to die now in this place...

I WILL NOT GO QUEITLY.

I reached for the door, forcing it open. A wave of fresh frozen air tightened around me. They looked at me, my former saviors. I raised my arm into abyss, trigger in hand.. And there, for the last time, I ended the silence.

• Emerald

Perhaps we can have one thread instead of lots?

I love these stories but 5 threads after 3 days of being on the forums is a bit excessive.

Agreed with this. People will find the stories even if you put them in one thread. It helps to keep the RP section neat.

Perhaps we can have one thread instead of lots?

I love these stories but 5 threads after 3 days of being on the forums is a bit excessive.

A thread that collects all these small stories would be awesome !

Again,great job my friend !