Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:51

Bloodsuckers?

• Emerald

-snip-

Woops. Never mind

There's room for them. If we are going by the lore made by Tomeran then I would imagine they can be introduced. Imo as we are only 1 year after the infection, a drastic mutation into a bloodsucker is too quick in one year. If DayZRP was 2017, then I could understand.

Also wasn't Riggs doing an event where they were going to be introduced to a small area? What became of that.

There's room for them. If we are going by the lore made by Tomeran then I would imagine they can be introduced. Imo as we are only 1 year after the infection, a drastic mutation into a bloodsucker is too quick in one year. If DayZRP was 2017, then I could understand.

Also wasn't Riggs doing an event where they were going to be introduced to a small area? What became of that.

Riggs took a break and put them Ravens on hold.

The project was also put on hold for that.

• MVP

I've been pushing for bloodsuckers on dayzRP for roughly 10 months now. I think Rolle, the admins and the devs are quite sick and tired of me constantly poking them about this. Still, I do have some support for it so I'll keep working on it.

As for the lore, yes, it works. I've already written a good degree of lore where they can be easily incorporated into the bigger dayzRP lore and background. It is not complicated, it is just a matter of getting the technical bit done and actually having enough support to add them.

The only real obstacle to them in lorewriting is if you'd choose to turn them invisible. (this is optional, as we've seen other mods have the bloodsucker's invisibility toggled off. )

Invisibility is not "realistic" in a common sense, and the only path to go then is sci-fi, which might not be places where the background is quite ready to go.

Then again, we might already be sci-fi to an extent, seeing as the zombie virus is not even remotely realistic either, and is already quite "alien".

I've been working on something there as well, but it is significantly harder to make it "believable"(or perhaps appropriate is a better word) when these monsters can simply vanish in and out of existance.

Guest spartan23424

I think bloodsuckers would work especially if you introduce them now hell even introduce it as 'Patient Zero" it would add a element of fear to it plus imagine as it tears through a squad from say 501st as they wonder what the hell happened.

I think bloodsuckers would work especially if you introduce them now hell even introduce it as 'Patient Zero" it would add a element of fear to it plus imagine as it tears through a squad from say 501st as they wonder what the hell happened.

Problem with Patient Zero is that it's owned by Origins and they will surely not allow others use it...

• MVP

If they get implented, I would love to have an event related to them, maybe The Council fellas have been up to something.

You're quite spot on there, mate.

Trust me, when/if we get the bloodsuckers, there will be events.

And lots of horror'n'guts. And screams.

And so many people complaining on the forums. And I will feast on their tears. Delicious.

Guest spartan23424

I'm not saying use Origins patient zero i'm saying use it to make our own patient zero or as a super weapon to screw up any opposition in Cheranus

• Emerald

If they get implented, I would love to have an event related to them, maybe The Council fellas have been up to something.

You're quite spot on there, mate.

Trust me, when/if we get the bloodsuckers, there will be events.

And lots of horror'n'guts. And screams.

And so many people complaining on the forums. And I will feast on their tears. Delicious.

That sounds extremely amusing! Bloodsuckers got my support. +1

Edit: Bad Spelling

• Emerald

Maybe Bloodsuckers could make this game scary again.