Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:46

Changing User Name

Should this be implemented?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the admins should make this available for at-least 1 time a year.

Ive seen a lot of people asking questions about this topic and i think a lot of people aren't happy with their names (Including me).

Another option is donating in order to change your username.

• Emerald

No, more unneccesary work for the staff team, they're busy enough as it's. It's all about priorties and forum names is not truly as important as dealing with rule breakers. Maybe if they put it as a donation perk would it would pretty well, but otherwise would we suddenly have a lot of people wanting to switch names, which would end in a lot of work, and if we had it so you could switch it by yourself, would some people probaly constantly change names,which could lead to some problems. (I am not really sure how this could be a problem but I will probaly figure out something soon).

No, more unneccesary work for the staff team, they're busy enough as it's. It's all about priorties and forum names is not truly as important as dealing with rule breakers. Maybe if they put it as a donation perk would it would pretty well, but otherwise would we suddenly have a lot of people wanting to switch names, which would end in a lot of work, and if we had it so you could switch it by yourself, would some people probaly constantly change names,which could lead to some problems. (I am not really sure how this could be a problem but I will probaly figure out something soon).

I understand your POV but its not that difficult, I mean they could put like 2-3 community helpers on it and that's it.

I like your idea with the donation perk that could be very nice actually.

They did it in the past but people abused the name changes to reflect their in game characters which became a pain.

Message an admin and give them a good explanation. If it is means that much to you then explain why and they may agree with you.

It doesn't mean THAT much to me but still, its very irritating...

Still think i should PM an admin?

• MVP

They did it in the past but people abused the name changes to reflect their in game characters which became a pain.

Message an admin and give them a good explanation. If it is means that much to you then explain why and they may agree with you.

Try explain to them but bear in mind that your next choice will be somewhat permanent.

Explain it rationally and check to see if the name is free before asking.

Try explain to them but bear in mind that your next choice will be somewhat permanent.

Explain it rationally and check to see if the name is free before asking.

Ok ill go do that, thanks for the tip.

• MVP

The names are not changing because its easier to manage if the player has a steady name.

I understand, that's why i suggested it to be possible to do once a year.

Once a year is too definite. Just let people argue their case when they feel they would want to change. I have seen them in the past help people if they felt it worthwhile.

If you can describe the issue and offer a decent alternative then the admins should not harbor any resentment towards you for it.

Guest TehGreekGamer

The names are not changing because its easier to manage if the player has a steady name.

I understand, that's why i suggested it to be possible to do once a year.

I know it would be nice but difficult too.

Im creeped out, your username was my exact name back in the day when I was in MVD. :S

that's a funny/weird coincidence.

I couldn't think of a Russian name so i just went to Google and typed in "Russian name generator". :)

Also its a name of my relative..

• Emerald

Im creeped out, your username was my exact name back in the day when I was in MVD. :S

I couldn't think of a Russian name so i just went to Google and typed in "Russian name generator". :)

Same. :D

I guess those name generator doesn't work that properly after all..

*Bursts in laughter*

*Bursts in laughter*

I guess you have a good case there...

tumblr_mpxqfabLiL1r6w4h8o9_400.gif

Saul-Goodman.jpeg

Already on it.

On the serious note though i tried PM'ing Gijs and he said they are not changing the names currently and if they change it they will let us know.

*Bursts in laughter*

Saul-Goodman.jpeg

Already on it.

On the serious note though i tried PM'ing Gijs and he said they are not changing the names currently and if they change it they will let us know.

Same response i got a while back from the admins when i wanted "Briggs" removed from my username. I guess we'll just have to live with our old Character names as our forum name until the name change is possible.

• MVP

*Bursts in laughter*

Saul-Goodman.jpeg

Already on it.

There ya go then.

Perhaps there are some changes going on that would affect the names. Hold in there and just let it slip for the time being :)

Guest The Nightmare

Having everyone change names would make it much more difficult on not only the Admins but Clan leaders such as myself if we were not told. It could result in someone getting kicked out of the clan ect. just nonsense no one needs. -1

Yeah, I agree with what most other people have said. It would cause confusion and unnecessary problems.

People should pick a name that they like when they register, which I thought would be pretty obvious.