Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 12:18

Seeing the other posts

Well as a person who sits on his bum and reads the posts about 'there being RP problems in the server' and the 'a lot of leave posts' I have had something bubbling inside that I wish to boil over for a second: Is a problem surfacing? Are we forum clutter people spotting some sort of recession? It makes me worry to see problems being brought up topic by topic (Even though the replies are positive, claiming that the problem isn't a problem) Should this be a thing I should worry about? Even though some might say "Oh you're a new account you shouldn't have to worry" but I believe I am not the only one reading these posts saying there is a lack of RP and a high presence of rule violations . . What do you ladies and gentlemen think?

• MVP

There have been "RP is in decline" threads ever since this community was founded. May? Everything went to shit! PsiSyndicate joined, all kinds of people that only wanted to meet him ruined the RP! Well, funnily enough months later the roleplay was better than it had ever been.

Peaks and valleys. And that's assuming we're in a valley now. I don't even know. I think a lot of people can't handle change. Either that, or they're just bored. I don't blame them for it. I might even feel the same way: I had more fun in March/April than I have now playing the game. But I realize that's my problem. Objectively, roleplay only improved since then.

Short-term there's no saying what happens. This community changes per day. Long-term? I've only seen improvement.

I see... I guess it is typical for something unique as this community. Not to mention there is the strenuous task of searching for good Rpers out of those who apply like looking for gold in a pile of coal. Heck, I'm not even sure if I am a piece of gold or just one of the hundreds of pieces of coal lying around. I hope this valley doesn't make a permanent mark on the community so I have the chance to find out.

There have been ups and downs since i joined and i am sure there will be more. First the IRA left and everybody was crazy about us loosing RP'ers then SKA came. Now just wait 1 week or so and u will hear everybody talking about SVR(that's just my opinion but i think they will be the new SKA). People come and go(mostly go and then come back) it's not a loss. For example i have a friend who is going to apply in about 1 week and he has been playing GTA: SA RP for about 2 years. So you can say good Roleplayers are coming everyday not just going.

Like Gijs said, I think the RP has overall increased since I joined in March. I've witnessed the increase of players, going from 1 server with a 40 player cap (almost never full), to the occasional 3 servers at night with 60 player cap.

A lot of the players here don't know how to RP properly and they have to learn it while playing. If you can give them a good RP eperience, they will learn from it and use it for their next encounter. What I'm trying to say is, when you are the only one able to RP very good, it will slowly spread out among everyone. At least that's what I think.

• Emerald

I fully agree with misty and gijs. When I think back my rp was shit in February hahaha.

I always ran to the tp and asked how the people are doing : DD

The solution is called learning by doing that's how people learn the best : )

I wouldn't worry the forums always looks like this, you cant always make people happy. Yes a few left, but I am sure at least 5x that number joined. Show me a site that has forums without any trolls... so I wouldn't stress it bro now stop posting and log into rp and have fun.

• Emerald

DayZRP didn't even have RP rules when it began, so you can't really say it's in a decline.

I know what that is like. One time me and a group of guys hosted a RP server with no rules... But slowly we had to add rules over time when we began to see people who couldn't play responsibly. Eventually that community died, though like many others.

• Emerald
DayZRP didn't even have RP rules when it began' date=' so you can't really say it's in a decline.[/quote']

Indeed. I'm thinking that the abundance of reports and complaints about "bad RP" could simply be a by-product of the strengthening of the foundation here. People have come to expect a high level of RP. Standards are on the rise as a result of tighter and broader rules and regulations, and on top of that you have the occasional dialysis (old blood out, new blood in), and that causes some general aches and pains.

What I will say is that the "bad guys" around here really suck for the most part. Their fear when it comes to dealing with others in a hostile manner and lack of commitment to intricate, time-consuming RP during robberies leads to short, brutal interactions. We need the bad guys to up their game. I am thinking of going bandit full-time myself for no reason other than to contribute more on that end.

• Sapphire

I don't think it's all about everyone leaving, obviously that players a huge part in it, but honestly, it could be the server issues such as the lag and delays that are driving people away, which is ok, because the problems will be fixed soon (hopefully), and the server will be back to its usual self.

All private RP servers of any game, be it WoW or Dayz or whatever suffer the same problem in my experience. As a people we are generally more elitist in mindset than other gamers, even if you don't mean to be, the community as a whole usually comes off as dismissive to 'noobs' and will always bemoan the death of serious RP and bygone golden ages. From what I've seen of Dayz RP the caliber of RP is surprisingly good for a 1st/3rd combat based game without much text based input. So yeah, doubt there's much room for serious worry.