Server time: 2018-08-15, 11:32 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
Macbrine

Idea for white list applications

Due to the rising number of reports, which can be attributed to the lack of knowledge about the rules. I believe that in the whitelist application a small quiz should be present. In this 'quiz' there could be scenarios described( or even better in video format!), where the person applying must get all the questions right for the application to be accepted.

Example,

Jack sees Jill down the hill, Jack says "Drop your weapon now!", Jill continues on, Jack then immediately seeing that she did not comply, he shoots and kills her.

This scenario best describes breaking which rule?:

a)NLR

b)Metagaming

c)KOS

d)RDM

e)Bad RP

f)This does not break a rule.

This can go even one step further, with video clip showing a sequence of events going down, then the applicant must answer a question pertaining to the rules shown in the video.

Let me know what you guys think!

Edit: Someone did put out an idea like this recently, but the explanation and the example they gave did not really encompass what I believe would increase new player knowledge about the rules.

It's definitely a good idea but adding another thing for the admins to look over when they go through the applications might take more of their time. Still a good idea though and seems like it would add a very minimal amount of time looking over the applications as long as it's multiple choice.

If it was automated and did not require the admins to manually check whether or not they got the answers correct, it seems like a perfectly reasonable addition to the whitelist. I could put my support behind the idea.

A multiple choice quiz that is automated, complete it with a 100% score and then that unlocks the white list application page.

A multiple choice quiz that is automated, complete it with a 100% score and then that unlocks the white list application page.

It could also be a part of the white list application and you must answer all questions correctly or you will not be able to submit the application.

It could also be a part of the white list application and you must answer all questions correctly or you will not be able to submit the application.

People would just guess them most likelly so maybe you want to add a number of times you can fail to like 5 per ip per day?

Jack and Jill? really? lol

Anyway i think its unnecessary because when you apply you need to say whats NLR and KoS and in my opinion thats enough.

Anyway i think its unnecessary because when you apply you need to say whats NLR and KoS and in my opinion thats enough.

You would think that would be enough but it is obviously not when alot of these new reports coming out have to do with newish players not fully understanding the rules.

You would think that would be enough but it is obviously not when alot of these new reports coming out have to do with newish players not fully understanding the rules.

Give me a break, Its not that people dont understand the rules.

Its about people acting retarded because they want to get themselves banned...

Or the other reason which sounds more reasonable is that they do it to get some good gear and they think they can get away with it.

Give me a break, Its not that people dont understand the rules.

Its about people acting retarded because they want to get themselves banned...

Or the other reason which sounds more reasonable is that they do it to get some good gear and they think they can get away with it.

I am not saying you are wrong, you are completely right there many people who commit these acts for that reason, but there are also people like i stated before that are new and really do not fully understand the rules. Just because you explained something you read does not mean you fully understand them.

Bumpy bump?

Seeing as how many retards manage to get in the server even being whitelisted and act like they never read the rules or rather don't care about them, I don't think another layer is gonna keep us from bad RPers or rulebreakers. I used to avoid settlements because crowds tended to attract trouble and reports, now I don't even play anymore because I feel like I would avoid everyone out of fear of being reported or having to report someone.

Seeing as how many retards manage to get in the server even being whitelisted and act like they never read the rules or rather don't care about them, I don't think another layer is gonna keep us from bad RPers or rule breakers. I used to avoid settlements because crowds tended to attract trouble and reports, now I don't even play anymore because I feel like I would avoid everyone out of fear of being reported or having to report someone.

Wow I hope one of those "retards" are looking at this post and feeling ashamed of themselves from driving a good role player away from one of the best mods in Dayz.

Wow I hope one of those "retards" are looking at this post and feeling ashamed of themselves from driving a good role player away from one of the best mods in Dayz.

I'm sorry I was being blunt, but I feel like everyone I come across wants one of two things; either rob you of your gear, or to run away from you to avoid any kind of interaction, that's what 95% of my past 2 weeks have been like. Anyways, let's not derail this topic, back on track!

This is actually a really good idea!

ya I don't think the difficulty of the whitelist is the issue. When people blatantly break rules, they're not doing it out of ignorance, they're just ignoring them. Another layer won't prevent people from ignoring the rules and doing what they want...

I'm sorry I was being blunt, but I feel like everyone I come across wants one of two things; either rob you of your gear, or to run away from you to avoid any kind of interaction, that's what 95% of my past 2 weeks have been like. Anyways, let's not derail this topic, back on track!

I am sorry if you took that the wrong way but i was defending you and i do understand that those people are bad rpers and need to be dealt with.

Guest Butterbean

Really good idea.

You have my Vote!

+1, great idea!

For an automated system you could use Google Docs. Might work out well

Guest TehGreekGamer

I have made the same suggestion and go turned down.It can be scripted very easily to work automaticaly. +1