Server time (UTC): 2023-02-07 04:07

Roleplaying In-game

Guest Pandi

Right so twice in one hour, I had people constantly going OOC.

First time, I was talking about some guys that initiated on a someone else and someone types in chat; //Stop saying "initiated" it isn't the right word. Something along them lines, I told him not to go OOC and that me saying initiation in game was fine he just kept making a scene out of it, I told him OOC he was ruining the immersion and told him to shut up and he carry's on.

Second time, I was robbing someone and his friends in the boat came over and I told them to keep driving otherwise I'd shoot and they complied and carried on driving, They stopped a little bit up the shore and decide to jump out and try killing us, We killed the victims friends that were trying to save the victim and I then tell him, I'm going to execute him for calling in his friends and them trying to kill us (Good Samaritan Rule) Which is a legit reason to execute him, He then goes OOC shouting down his mic one second let me record it this is KoS, This is KoS, Saying that repeatedly. Just to clarify this does give me a reason to execute him right?

Also are both these incidents report worthy for ruining good rp immersion?

I'm getting fed up with silly OOC nonsense that isn't needed, Does anyone else agree?

• Emerald

From my perspective, there is NEVER ANY REASON TO GO OOC IN VOICE CHAT.

Sorry for the caps, but OOC Voice Chat is one of the most immersion breaking things I find in the game.

I would avoid saying things like initiation in-game, as they are a specific result of the rules we play by, not so much something we would say in real life. If someone points a gun at me while I'm on the phone and says to drop the phone... I'm not going to say "One moment, someone's initiating on me..."

• Emerald

If you are able to record then do so and post the video on the forums so that people and especially staff can give estimates wether the incident is report worthy.

Also try to avoid going OOC yourself. You could always say "Initiate? That is a very strange word for robbing someone, but I get his point."

It might seem a bit silly to report the first incident but I really see where you are coming from with that. I find comments like these truly annoying. Even though you are using a word which might seem a bit strange to say in the real world, it doesn't give him the right to go blatant out of character even though he writes "//".

The second incident I would have definitely reported. It doesn't really matter if the victim feels like he's being treated unfairly. He still has a responsibility to follow the server rules himself.

Going out of character is extremely annoying to everyone around you. I beg you. PLEASE do NOT go out of character. It doesn't matter if you're getting straight up KoS'd or if someone is breaking NLR. Keep it in character.

The rules are simple. Please show some respect to the fellow community members that actually want to have an IC environment.

Yesterday at Desal two guys was going OOC for a good 10-15 minutes talking about an event that they are going to make up and talking about pictures, Photoshop etc. etc. , i briefly said in text can you stop OOC, then i was sternly told to pretty much shut up.

• Emerald

Yesterday at Desal two guys was going OOC for a good 10-15 minutes talking about an event that they are going to make up and talking about pictures, Photoshop etc. etc. , i briefly said in text can you stop OOC, then i was sternly told to pretty much shut up.

Oh dear god...

Record. Report.

Absolutely unacceptable behaviour on their part. The day OOC takes precedent over RP will not, and should not, EVER happen.

Something like that happens to me, I'm not only recording, I'm jumping up to the helpdesk and poking admins/GMs to come to my location.

As it says in the rules, "Roleplay over Ruleplay". Despite the fact that you might be facing a breach in the rules, you should still Roleplay. Roleplay to the very end.

The -only- time, I ever, ever, personally agree with OOC voice comms, is when there's someone trolling nearby. The immersion is already broken by them, and informing them that what they're doing is against the rules and will be recorded and reported, is perfectly fine in my book.

But yeah. I don't like the sound of that chap going: "Let me record, this is KoS!" Is bullshizen. Partly because he's breaking immersion, and also partly because it wouldn't be KoS but RDM. xD So yeah. To me, it seemed like you had a viable reason to execute.

Oh dear god...

Record. Report.

Absolutely unacceptable behaviour on their part. The day OOC takes precedent over RP will not, and should not, EVER happen.

Something like that happens to me, I'm not only recording, I'm jumping up to the helpdesk and poking admins/GMs to come to my location.

Well i was getting ready to hit record but after they told told me to hush, other people was asking about the event and well everyone in the camp did not really care so i decided to leave.

The -only- time, I ever, ever, personally agree with OOC voice comms, is when there's someone trolling nearby. The immersion is already broken by them, and informing them that what they're doing is against the rules and will be recorded and reported, is perfectly fine in my book.

I would agree with this part but I would take it to the level where I would inform everyone around me, out of character, that you are about to shoot this guy for trolling (if it is really obvious that the person is trolling).

With that being said, I can not stress it enough, just like Trilby said, that you should always record and report trolls. You should never have to inform someone out of character-ly that they should stop trolling and see it as some kind of 'warning'.

• MVP

Despite the first guy having somewhat of a point, he was still wrong to go OOC and say that. You shouldn't ever go OOC and there are very little times where I see going OOC being acceptable.

If you haven't already, the second encounter should be reported. Hoepfully you got a recording of this.

It might seem a bit silly to report the first incident but I really see where you are coming from with that. I find comments like these truly annoying. Even though you are using a word which might seem a bit strange to say in the real world, it doesn't give him the right to go blatant out of character even though he writes "//".

The second incident I would have definitely reported. It doesn't really matter if the victim feels like he's being treated unfairly. He still has a responsibility to follow the server rules himself.

Going out of character is extremely annoying to everyone around you. I beg you. PLEASE do NOT go out of character. It doesn't matter if you're getting straight up KoS'd or if someone is breaking NLR. Keep it in character.

The rules are simple. Please show some respect to the fellow community members that actually want to have an IC environment.

On the second incident, I just told him to go because I was fed up with his RP, I then heard him talking to a randomer later, 2 minutes after the incident, He was talking OOC with voice which really annoyed me.

I completely agree on your opinion and everybody else's opinion on OOC, Only problem is I can't record with good fps. :(

I have been in multiple incidents where I have taken a hostage and they decides they do not want to role play and don't value their life, So I just kill them.

Every time I have been a hostage, I always act scared and worried. I wish some people would put more effort in to their RP, Don't get me wrong though, I have had a lot of good occasions and it is great and makes my day when I get fantastic RPer's.

• Sapphire

Agree 100%, the amount of OOC in settlements is the worst imo.

people should never go OOC using voice in my opinion, it just breaks immersion and makes the whole interaction go downhill. People should only go OOC to get something across to maybe clarify something for someone. Like if someones mic isn't working or to tell them that their friend is just afk for a second if they ask why he isn't talking.

OOC for anything other then to clarify something or help someone should not be tolerated and you should record it and make it a discussion so people can voice their opinions.

If it ever gets really bad maybe just go OOC to ask if they will take their conversation to one of the chat rooms in TS as a last resort.

• MVP

people should never go OOC using voice

This. Just use text for OOC FFS.

• Emerald

I tend to find most RP at settlements. If there are a few idiots, you record. I do agree that the RP has taken a hit though.

Just inform them that they keep doing it, if they carry on hot record stop when there done, hit that upload button and make a report. Someone times then getting into shit is the only way they will ever learn

Guest GlanDeas

I can not stress it enough, just like Trilby said, that you should always record and report trolls. You should never have to inform someone out of character that they should stop trolling.

Kopi Luwak

• Legend

Record and report.

This one time some I was hanging with like 20 civilians at Altar and we heard shots so we ran down.

We then come across this guy who goes: "OOC guys which one of you shot me is getting reported" or some shit like that.

So I typed in chat: "We don't give a fuck stop going OOC" because sometimes its just annoying and ruining the RP.

So he continues going OOC and says: "Ok well im just letting you know".

it pissed me off so much..

• Sapphire

Ah i remember when i guy opened my bag in altar i accussed him of attempting to steal from me instead of going with it he shouts at me in voice saying "i pressed G fuck off man! when you press G and someone is in front of you it opens their bag for fuck sake"

Good times good times haha xD