Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 23:11

The Last Great War

• Sapphire

It hung in the air like a sentence of doom. The very sky proclaimed its presence, the length of its endless canvas stained with the colour of blood. The sky flashed with a vengeful wrath, stirring up their fury before the conflict. There would be death this night. Hordes of them surged through the tarnished barricades. Artillery shells thundered in the sky, while the screams of the damned, the bloodied and the dead cut through the air like a frozen wind. I stood upon my perch, weapon in hand, spirit emboldened. I watched as the very ground tore itself asunder with flames. Great machines of war screeched by while the behemoths below rained a great purge upon the demons at our gates. This city, this fortress was humanity's last sanctuary. The last resistance, the last great beacon of life left unscathed. And now it stood proud, it stood as symbol of hope. It stood with its bloodied walls and cannons of black against this growing threat, for tonight it was besieged. I peered into the black night at the battle below. It seemed all in an instant. Still I was the young soldier, who not taking my eyes once from the battle, seemed to read every blow into the teeming ranks of the dead. I realized that this night, this battle would have itself proving whether Man stood against this new enemy or that it crumbled under its masses. Every weapon, every tool of death struck back the oncoming storm. Powers unimaginable shattered that evening, as the greatest assembly of weapons and soldiers ever seen repented into what could only have been the wrath of gods. No force could stop us I told myself. For if they are the tide of flesh and pestilence then we are surely the great wave of metal and fire. We will not fall this day I whispered under silent death. We shall see the world burn under our great hammer before we relinquish. I hope these creatures, these beasts, retain some of their soul, for I want them to fear us.

I was there, I watched the last battle of man, I watched everything I knew turn to ash.

I watched them overcome our forces, pierce our ranks, flood our streets.

I saw in their lifeless faces the last hope for my people extinguish.

That day the young soldier in me died, as did my hope, and my spirit.

All that remains is a husk, a survivor, a veteran of the last great war.

I watched New York fall.

• Emerald

Looks good.

• Sapphire

Love the story!

• Legend

Awesome read :)

Looking forward to seeing more from you.

• Sapphire

See poeple? YOu all say we lost many good RP-ers but this guy sure is worth 2 of them :). Nice story hope to see more from you. Btw you should really try creating a clan, you seem like the kind of guy with very good ideas for clans

Thank you so much, I'm looking forward to doing my best to contribute to this great community and seeing all these kind faces in-game. Hopefully not down a scope!
  • Sapphire

Another Irishmen! Thank god, I was starting to fear that I would be alone.

• Legend

A Great little Read there. Would love to see you update your Rp Adventures on the Roll play list!

• Sapphire

Hmm although this seems to plagiarized i dont see anywhere in these posts that he claimed it was his everyone just started congratulating him.

Apart from one post that says "this was a flavour text of Someone"

so in my eyes hes done nothing wrong really hes gave us a great story to read.

• MVP

Just plagiarism checked your work. Not cool dude...

Check the conversation I had with him here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-house-of-the-damned

His story seems to check out. For now, I believe him.

Also SumoS, that flashcard thing, he only "stole" the first sentence from that. His other stories can all be found on a single website, of which the owner is "Rob", whom he mentioned in The House of the Damned story.

• MVP

See poeple? YOu all say we lost many good RP-ers but this guy sure is worth 2 of them :). Nice story hope to see more from you. Btw you should really try creating a clan, you seem like the kind of guy with very good ideas for clans

Thank you so much, I'm looking forward to doing my best to contribute to this great community and seeing all these kind faces in-game. Hopefully not down a scope!

He could have clarified it in his response here.

Hmm, doesn't look like he did...

Edit: So why no source Gijs? Recieving compliments and taking them as if they were his own?

http://zombiestories.wordpress.com/

I don't mean to be a complete prick here but mentioning "Rob" is hardly a proper reference. 'Creatively borrowing' isn't a problem but it seems that there are a number taken from a multitude of sources.

Source for one sentence?

Paragraph...