Server time (UTC): 2023-02-07 05:55

Settlements

Guest Ketamine

Do you agree?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Ketamine

Settlements

Okay so DayzRP has seen its fair share of settlements, and they appear out of no where all of a sudden and they disappear out of no where all of a sudden. So what Im suggesting is that there is stages for settlements such as Altar the big castle walls could've been the first stage, then the other walls and the interior and such could've come after. Abit like the trading post, I don't know about anybody else but I loved the trading post when it was all blown up it gave the world a more realistic sense to the game, all most to say that humanity are loosing against the infection. Finally the departure of a settlement maybe there could be event letting people know why the settlement go and what happened to it, because in game I have never heard a reason to why the settlements have been removed or any sense of RP reason.

• MVP

There was a server event for the fall of Haven. It got overrun by zombies and then bombed. However I haven't seen any such events for the other settlements. Would be worth it I think. Provides more historical RP if you can call it that.

Guest Ketamine

That is what Im talking about. Even if its only a event that gets added and the stages thing is scraped I just want to know why! I understand it maybe alot of work for the admins but the reward would be endless.

• Sapphire

This thread!

This is exactly what we need, I was talking to my guys today, saying how its weird how a big castle can be built in a day. This needs to happen, when the fall is near, all clans etc. should work together to produce a great RP session, for the fall, and even for things like the building too, the early stages, people could RP building it etc. it'd be great!

Needs to be a feature, +1!

• Sapphire

I dont even know why you would consider voting againest this

• Sapphire

Lets blow up altar

Well everyone tries to every other day so....

xD

I know that the Lake Prud outpost was supposed to be a gradual project, over time as civilians signed up for work roles and did their part for the community Tomeran was going to expand the camp. Due to the hostilities at Prud this never happened but it might be possible with the new CR rules.

• Sapphire

I know that the Lake Prud outpost was supposed to be a gradual project, over time as civilians signed up for work roles and did their part for the community Tomeran was going to expand the camp. Due to the hostilities at Prud this never happened but it might be possible with the new CR rules.

Prud is a PCB an has no CR's? Unless there's something I'm unaware of! :)

Hopefully Prud is expanded, there is a little base developing in the trees behind the house there, which is cool! :)

Hopefully Prud is expanded, there is a little base developing in the trees behind the house there, which is cool! :)

I'm talking about the old outpost at Prud maintained by FM, TOR and TPD. They tried to make the building and expansion of the outpost a long term project that grew when Tomeran deemed the work done by the civilians living in the camp enough for another building to be added. This was before the settlement and CR rules so fell apart quite quickly under waves of attacks.

I was just suggesting this idea might be easier to do now we have the rules in place to protect settlement guests and owners.

• Sapphire

I'm talking about the old outpost at Prud maintained by FM, TOR and TPD. They tried to make the building and expansion of the outpost a long term project that grew when Tomeran deemed the work done by the civilians living in the camp enough for another building to be added. This was before the settlement and CR rules so fell apart quite quickly under waves of attacks.

I was just suggesting this idea might be easier to do now we have the rules in place to protect settlement guests and owners.

Oh yeah! Sorry! :)

• MVP

Ermm... I don't understand whole thread really. Think about stuff,organise it, come to staff with full scenario and folks to carry it out,they will provide some help - you proceed with event -> Done.CLF did it at Haven,nobody is stopping others to do same. Why others didn't do it ? Dunno

If CRs aren't into logical thinking and RP they will miss out such obvious things like that a camp needs introduction,follow up and a proper ending.

It's not a 'feature', it's not a staff dependant work to be made but solely to be done and planned by CRs and nobody else.

I am not in a clan and really have no reason for the settlements, they add nothing to my enjoyment of this community, infact I think they remove quite a lot. Knowing that a server can be full of 60 players and potentially 30 of them are around a settlement (even more if a battle is going on) really makes the world seem empty sometimes. Today I went 5 hours without encountering another human being whilst visiting hot spots, small towns and even towns close to settlements, lol. I realize later it was because an attack on a settlement was going down for 2 hours, so yeah... the world was empty. Allz I want is player interaction... Just not in the camps full of trolls & masturbation(seems to be my experience with em, anyway.)

KNOCK EM ALL DOWN!

Im roleplaying that we are building a settlement like woodsbury from the walking dead (working with mutiple clans atm) all I say it is currently under construction, and even then our Pope will have to improve its construction (admin)

Guest Ketamine

Yes CLF may have done it but what i am asking is that this is a mandatory feature, like when you plan the settlement you have to design the settlement and have story about where it came form and when it gets that time that you are leaving you make a back story of why its gone. Such as RSM they where one of the biggest clans around they knew that Morgan was leaving and the clan with him so, why did they not do some massive event with the ravens nest or even a set story they went by but instead we hear nothing then all of a sudden the ravens is gone along with one of the biggest clans there was.

• Emerald

Sadly with the state of the servers recently we couldn't even do these evens if we wanted to. Once the servers are at a working 100% state, then I'd 100% agree.

I still agree though, there is no RP reason why Ravens/Sanctuary disappeared over night, and how it was magically built over night too.

• Sapphire

Glad to see that someone on the staff agrees with me!

//Didn't realise this was you Moyo!

But yeah, I do think once the server is back to 100% as Gijs said, then these events need to happen.

Altar First :troll:

All jokes aside, it's a great idea raised, and shouldn't be left to die.

Guest Ketamine

But yeah, I do think once the server is back to 100& as Gijs said, then these events need to happen.

Who else would come up with such a great idea, like common!

Im glad you like the idea.

• Sapphire

But yeah, I do think once the server is back to 100& as Gijs said, then these events need to happen.

Who else would come up with such a great idea, like common!

Im glad you like the idea.

You stole it from me, clearly ;)

Glad you posted!