Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 16:48

desync issues and questions.

Jicster98

So i was in a firefight today and first off I get hit by a car (on my screen it drove through the middle of the camp. My friend said he just saw me pass out.) Luckily I wasnt passed out for long and managed to survive....just. but what I want to know is if something like that happens and you are unable to bandage due to the horrible desync is it considered as a glitch when it come down to NLR etc? And could you go back? Also what is the best thing to do in a situation like that?

• Sapphire

I think it's considered as a game glitch, yes.

• MVP

To be quite honest, I'm not actually sure if that's correct. I searched a bit for an answer and couldn't find anything so I would wait for a staff member to reply to this thread to clarify.

Personally I am quite restrictive when it comes to going back to your body after dying; no matter what.

I can see the argument you can make for going back to your body after dying to desync. However, one could argue that desync isn't a 'bug' which is the only reason why you would be able to return to your body in the first place.

If you really feel like you have to go back to your body and loot it, maybe you are focusing too much on gear? I know it can be rather difficult changing focus from gear and shooting people to food and talking to people. Try to not get attached to your gear. You should be here to roleplay more than shoot stuff with fancy weapons!

I have also died to desyncing cars before. I've made the decision to not return to my body and just handle it like any other death. It just makes more sense even though it might have been a really silly death. Returning to your body should be something you VERY rarely, if not never, do.

That's just my personal opinion. Only return to your body if you absolutely have to.

• Sapphire

To be quite honest, I'm not actually sure if that's correct. I searched a bit for an answer and couldn't find anything so I would wait for a staff member to reply to this thread to clarify.

Yeah, I wasn't sure either, the best bet would have been going to the help desk and asking for staff there, of course, there's probably nothing we can do now.

Personally I am quite restrictive when it comes to going back to your body after dying; no matter what.

I can see the argument you can make for going back to your body after dying to desync. However, one could argue that desync isn't a 'bug' which is the only reason why you would be able to return to your body in the first place.

If you really feel like you have to go back to your body and loot it, maybe you are focusing too much on gear? I know it can be rather difficult changing focus from gear and shooting people to food and talking to people. Try to not get attached to your gear. You should be here to roleplay more than shoot stuff with fancy weapons!

I have also died to desyncing cars before. I've made the decision to not return to my body and just handle it like any other death. It just makes more sense even though it might have been a really silly death. Returning to your body should be something you VERY rarely, if not never, do.

That's just my personal opinion. Only return to your body if you absolutely have to.

Ok fair enough I was just wondering as one of my mates died to desync, being unable to bandage but luckily I survived the car :D but if it happens I will keep that in mind. Also I dont really care about gear :) never did to be honest.

I think its a lag rather then a glitch

I know it is but I was wondering if it was considered but its been answered so im happy :) and I was just wondering, I personally wouldn't want to go back to my body anyway......I dont like doing it :)