Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 13:19

Invalid Handle?

I seem to keep on getting this error when I try to play DayZ/Arma II OA.

I have tried to re validate files over Steam and it always uninstalls all my DLC, then reacquire one or two files. I try to launch again and it still gives me the error.

(BTW running Steam as administrator does not work most of the time, although running DayZRP launcher seemed to once)

• Emerald

I have been looking around for an answer, and you seem to be one of very few people getting this error, and on top of that nobody has a usefull fix.

Now with the risk of sounding like an Idiot. Have you tried completely re-installing all arma´s. and mods

It might be based on you running Overwolf. I started to get the Invalid Handle issue myself at one point, after I started to use Overwolf.

yes i do use overwolf.

Now that i think about it Overwolf might also cause some of the weird FPS drops when someone edits permissions in TeamSpeak

Anyway thanks for the info all!

Yeah it says on the Overwolf website that it's not compatible with the A2:AO Beta (which is what we use to play DayZ). It should work with vanilla A2:OA though, as long as you don't launch the beta version.

Strange that sometimes it seems to work with the beta though, and other times it kills Arma on startup.