Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 21:52

Altis Life RP?

ZeroXiz

So recently ive been playing a lot of Altis life with some old CLF dudes, it's a lot of fun and I thought I would share some good moments with you guys! Maybe in the future DayZRP will get a Altis Life RP server? :D

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

Guest Consappeal

Well I would tap that, I mean play it. I tried it when it first came out and I liked how you could make a lot of money just by picking apples.

Apple picking can make for a very lucrative business

I liked Altis, would be a fine addition if Rolle hosted a server - a change from the norm

• Legend

It's fun to relax a bit in a different setting :)

• MVP

Would be amazing to have an Altis Life RP server affiliated with DayZRP. There is money to be made Rolle! Plenty of opportunities for donations. Houses (with benefits) for large sums, lower shop prices and more garage space for lower donations. Because it is Arma 3, the impact of standalone won't be as big, also the engine is newer so lastability (made up word) isn't an issue. Most importantly though, huge potential for RP!!

• Emerald

I just bought it...and you guys are so mean

• Legend

I've played it a few times, no one roleplays on it though.

This is why I think it could be awesome to have here with only whitelisted people. That would make it much more roleplaycentered than it is now.

• MVP

I've played it a few times, no one roleplays on it though.

This is why I think it could be awesome to have here with only whitelisted people. That would make it much more roleplaycentered than it is now.

This.

The DayZRP community is set up perfectly for Altis Life RP. The limited RP servers which we have been playing on are very new and inexperienced in the ways of RP. While they are improving, it seems to be slowly and with a lot of resistance from the more PvP minded members.

I have really been enjoying RPing on these servers even if not many others are roleplaying. It would be immeasurably more awesome in this community though.

Cereally Rolle. Get on this. <3

• El Presidente

Would be amazing to have an Altis Life RP server affiliated with DayZRP. There is money to be made Rolle! Plenty of opportunities for donations. Houses (with benefits) for large sums, lower shop prices and more garage space for lower donations. Because it is Arma 3, the impact of standalone won't be as big, also the engine is newer so lastability (made up word) isn't an issue. Most importantly though, huge potential for RP!!

I would, if I had the server files for it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168139-Altis-Life-RPG

Hire a new developer, there is so many cool features that can be added to the original :D

• MVP

It'd be fun to have as an extra server, but there's no way in hell we're going to be able to enforce rules on two games at once.

It would definitely be a huge amount of work. I think the best way to go about it would be to start a new community altogether (obviously closely affiliated with DayZRP - shared whitelist?). Separate forums and separate staff. Eventually separate rules too. Although, the rules to start with wouldn't need to be very different in my opinion.

Definitely a huge task, but doable and worth the trouble in my opinion.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168139-Altis-Life-RPG

Hire a new developer, there is so many cool features that can be added to the original :D

Also this. The mod could be altered in so many ways to be beneficial to RP.

• MVP

Running two communities at once is going to be extremely difficult. If I were Rolle, I'd make an altis life server now, without rules or staff, and then eventually switch over in the event that altis life becomes popular and people stop playing DayZ. Currently though, we have about 35 staff members to run one community. Running another one alongside... I don't know.

• MVP

Currently though, we have about 35 staff members to run one community. Running another one alongside... I don't know.

I think that the staff required at the beginning of an ALRP server would be a lot less to start with. The community would not be nearly as large as DayZRP to start.

I can definitely see it growing quickly though. Lots of youtubers are starting to play on another ALRP community despite it's flaws. If an already experienced RP community was to start an Altis Life RP server, I could see it becoming the most lauded server quite quickly.

I also think that starting a server with no rules could lead to what is happening in another ALRP community at the moment. The members who don't like many aspects of RP are quite vocal and are causing a disruption in the transition.

• MVP

banner_560x95.png?random=971658

Set up a test one, we'll see how it goes ;)

excited2.gif

It'd be fun to have as an extra server, but there's no way in hell we're going to be able to enforce rules on two games at once.

Set up a new (smaller) staff team to help out with altis life.. People who play on it and are able to enforce the rules would be good.