Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 11:54

Under age players

ithon

Recently i have being noticing alot of players that i have met in game who it is obvoius that they are under 16. as well as this on the "looking for clan thread" there are multiple advertisements where people state their age as under the 16 age limit. i was wondering if we could change something so it is harder for underage players to get in to the server ?

• Sapphire

Recently i have being noticing alot of players that i have met in game who it is obvoius that they are under 16. as well as this on the "looking for clan thread" there are multiple advertisements where people state their age as under the 16 age limit. i was wondering if we could change something so it is harder for underage players to get in to the server ?

There already is something if your under 16 your denied access to the server yes you could lie but if your caught im pretty sure you get Rolle'd

See what i did there xD

Keep in mind there are 17 year olds in enclave who sound about 13 so yeah not everyone can have a voice that vibrates walls when they speak.

• Emerald

I just depends if your voice has broke, and there is people at 13 such ad Alfie the moderator who joined before the age limit was implemented.

• Sapphire

ive just noticed people on the looking for clan thread who have obvioulsy lied about their age to get whitelisted. they are generally worse roleplayers which is why its annoying.

If thats the case PM a mod/admin or whatever and get them to have a look for themselves.

Or better yet give them a chance like somebody else said Alfie the moderator is only 13 and he does a great job

ive just noticed people on the looking for clan thread who have obvioulsy lied about their age to get whitelisted. they are generally worse roleplayers which is why its annoying.

Judging by peoples grammar isn't always the best thing. People have disorders, such as dyslexia. Sure, there might be some that admit to there age, but obviously if they lied, and got past the whitelist, means that they're mature enough to play. I could tell you right now, that judging by YOUR grammar, you don't seem very old either, but I can't say that because I don't know you, and you could have one of those disorders. So don't judge a book by it's cover man. Take the advice from people, and don't let it just go through one ear and out the other. By arguing with everyone, it's not going to help your "case".

• Emerald

I met some one in a clan who's name I shall not mention. He claimed he was 17, but he sounded like a 11 year old. If you haven't hit puberty yet and you're 17, you really really need to go to the doctor. Because that's really rare.

I met some one in a clan who's name I shall not mention. He claimed he was 17, but he sounded like a 11 year old. If you haven't hit puberty yet and you're 17, you really really need to go to the doctor. Because that's really rare.

You can't go to the doctor for puberty?

That's ridiculous.

'Hey doc can I get my dose of puberty yet?'

• Emerald

That's ridiculous.

You don't know what you're talking about. There are processes of inducing and speeding up puberty. Doctors can inject testosterone in you to speed the process up.

Im annoyed at seeing threads like this, alot of people under the age of 16 in the community joined way before the rule was implemented. In my experience they are sometimes alot more mature then some of the older players and better at RP because they more easily learn how to improve. If someone has lied about their age they will quickly be found out and banned. Never judge someone on their voice.

That's ridiculous.

You don't know what you're talking about. There are processes of inducing and speeding up puberty. Doctors can inject testosterone in you to speed the process up.

Testosterone doesn't necessarily speed up the process of puberty it gives you a deeper voice and more 'manly' features.

Lesbians take it to make them more manly.

If you want to have a debate about this do it in PM.

To not clutter the thread

I myself have been told by my clan mates that I sound much younger than I really am. I have been told I sound like im 13 or 14 when infact im 17.

I myself have been told by my clan mates that I sound much younger than I really am. I have been told I sound like im 13 or 14 when infact im 17.

Same here, well I haven't been told I sound like a kid but I think I do.

• Emerald

This is the same argument I'll say to people who think 11 year old boys sound like 20 year old girls. They dont. A 11 year old boy doesn't have the same tone of voice that a 20 year old girl would have.

Same goes for high-pitched voice. Having a high-pitched voice and sounding 12. Are 2 different things.

there are some great role players who are under the age limit. i just find more often than not that the ones who are more likely to not take roleplaying seriouls are under the age limit. still there are some great roleplayers under the age im not saying all

Guest TehGreekGamer

1)Use the search bar

2)If you find a little kid in-game just report him and he will get perma-banned or blacklisted

3)This has been said many times,you cant do anything about little kids who apply with fake age.I suggest you to have a screen recorder open everytime you play especialy in RP servers so you can record evidence.

-Thank you

2)If you find a little kid in-game just report him and he will get perma-banned or blacklisted

Don't do this, as just because they're young it doesn't mean they're breaking any rules. The age limit wasn't around for quite a while, which means there must be plenty of <16 year olds still registered here. There's also some people who sound young when they're actually 16+, so I'd just recommend trying to get their IGNs and then searching "dayzrp {insert their IGN here}" and try to look for a thread where they have posted in. From there check their profile for if they put in their real age and for when they joined. If they joined on the before 5th-10th of May then they should have joined whilst the age limit was gone.

That's if you're that determined to get someone banned, though.

• Emerald

If underage peopley lie on their application but are mature enough to not get reported/break no rules, I see no reason why they wouldn't be allowed here. There is no proper way to confirm peoples age without asking everyone for IRL ID, which would be ridiculous.

Guest TehGreekGamer

Don't do this, as just because they're young it doesn't mean they're breaking any rules. The age limit wasn't around for quite a while, which means there must be plenty of <16 year olds still registered here. There's also some people who sound young when they're actually 16+, so I'd just recommend trying to get their IGNs and then searching "dayzrp {insert their IGN here}" and try to look for a thread where they have posted in. From there check their profile for if they put in their real age and for when they joined. If they joined on the 5th-10th of May then they should have joined whilst the age limit was gone.

Alfie i mean if they are really underage and got whitelisted after the age limit they can get punished.Because i think that the kids that joined before the age limit cannot get banned about it.

Don't do this, as just because they're young it doesn't mean they're breaking any rules. The age limit wasn't around for quite a while, which means there must be plenty of <16 year olds still registered here. There's also some people who sound young when they're actually 16+, so I'd just recommend trying to get their IGNs and then searching "dayzrp {insert their IGN here}" and try to look for a thread where they have posted in. From there check their profile for if they put in their real age and for when they joined. If they joined on the 5th-10th of May then they should have joined whilst the age limit was gone.

Alfie i mean if they are really underage and got whitelisted after the age limit they can get punished.Because i think that the kids that joined before the age limit cannot get banned about it.

But how would someone know if someone joined after or before the age limit just from meeting them in game?

Guest TehGreekGamer

But how would someone know if someone joined after or before the age limit just from meeting them in game?

Look i have support the opinion of:

If i see a player that cannot RP or has a 10 years old voice im going to post a report.Because imagine finding a grown man with bearc talking like a small child,thats FailRP.We cant do anything else to stop this,everyone has to do his part and help the community.As an ex-head admin in many servers we had the problem with little kids who broke most of the rules.Its really hard to find a mature person under the age of 16.

If i see a player that cannot RP or has a 10 years old voice im going to post a report.Because imagine finding a grown man with bearc talking like a small child,thats FailRP.

Believe me, I've seen a grown man who sounds like a child. But in all honestly I don't mind, I just imagine them sounding older. After all it is a roleplaying server. :)

Guest TehGreekGamer

If i see a player that cannot RP or has a 10 years old voice im going to post a report.Because imagine finding a grown man with bearc talking like a small child,thats FailRP.

Believe me, I've seen a grown man who sounds like a child. But in all honestly I don't mind, I just imagine them sounding older. After all it is a roleplaying server. :)

As long they respect the rules i dont have a problem with them playing,but the spongebob_imagination.pngIMAGINATION thing some times might work :troll:

• Emerald

Not to sound like the cranky old guy in the room, but...

I would not let my kid play this mod when she's 13. Hell no. Curse-filled robberies... sexual RPing trolls... adult situations... murder... betrayal... zombies... the internet... and so on.

I'm sure some 13 year old kids could handle it, but holy crap, who thinks it's a good idea for someone that age to be doing this stuff all day instead of... you know... awkwardly talking to spotty girls?

That's what I was doing at 13 anyway.