Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:30

Standalone and Rp current community

I was just curious when the standalone comes out (hopefully soon) im sure the great admins here will have a server for the beautiful roleplayers but what worries me is having to get rewhitelisted thats the part that may suck ass...so my question is will they make the current community already whitelisted or will we have to go through the whole process again I know its to early to call it but it may be less work to start thinking about it now maybe...thats only if they do decide to make a rp server (im sure they will)

I believe Standalone will need a whole new mindset. It will have a more "Walking Dead" feel and less of a military simulator. I would love to see survivor groups and communities and less special forces seal team 6 super soldier clans. Standalone looks like a different game from what DayZ currently is, it isn't a survival game at current build, which it is suppose to be. It happens to just be a third person shooter with some zombies.

If all goes right with Standalone, people can roleplay different roles in groups. With the addition of cooking pots, can openers and other items needed to actually cook things, a successful group could prosper in a small camp with a dedicated cook. some guards, and some other roles. I really feel that if they add some kind of building ability, players will be able to set up functional player bases just like something you would actually find in a zombie infected apocolyptic world.

I personally am excited for the changes that it could bring and the roleplay that comes with it. Players can be just normal people with good backstories. Bring it on!

• Emerald

While I would love to see a DayZSA role-play community, I just cannot help but feel that this community would be unlikely to give me what I TRULY want from this genre. You cannot call it a Zombie Survival game, when no-one is afraid of the zombies, and everyone is just trying to kill each other.

While I prefer the DayZRP community to any other DayZ I have ever played, I have never found to experience I truly want to see in this genre. Normal everyday people trying to survive against the hordes of undead. No super soldiers. No groups planning to be the evil overlords of the entire world.

Real. People. Trying. To. Survive.

A world where when someone gets robbed, it is by someone who's starving to death, forced to set aside their morals.

• Emerald

I am pretty sure I've heard that both servers will run at the same time. One with the mod and one with sa. But the one with sa won't be like the current ones since you won't be able to make private servers when the sa comes out. That means that basically everyone would be able to join. Therefore I guess it will be a normal kos server until rolle is allowed or able to run a private server in as then it will get transformed in a roleplay server. Then again I am not sure what happens wih the mod.

• Emerald

I am pretty sure I've heard that both servers will run at the same time. One with the mod and one with sa. But the one with sa won't be like the current ones since you won't be able to make private servers when the sa comes out. That means that basically everyone would be able to join. Therefore I guess it will be a normal kos server until rolle is allowed or able to run a private server in as then it will get transformed in a roleplay server. Then again I am not sure what happens wih the mod.

Private servers will be released when the full game does, and mods later on.

The DayzRP mod will be going until we can develop our own in SA.

the-search-function-do-you-use-it.jpg

I chose the rated U one for you.

^ This