Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:34

Remove spawning all over the map.

Guest TCkril

Bring back spawning on the coast?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I personally miss spawning only on the coast because whenever I seem to go down the coast it is empty. No people, no roadblocks and no activity.

I remember if I had spawned in kamenka I would make my way through of the west of the map to supply myself. Or if I spawned in electro I would run through staroye to guglovo. I wish I could make a roadblock on the coast and get some activity.

• El Presidente

So you want to remove a feature on the server because you miss how it was before? That's a brilliant argument, I can't really argue with that :)

Sorry, I just had to :P

You can still spawn on the cost, just its rate is lower. I don't see a problem with it now. I've spawned on the coast many times.

If anything increase the rate if possible, but don't remove anything.

If spawns up north are removed, then the focal centers would be down south, and you'd see no one up north anymore(people would be more dispersed, trying to get up north.)

• Emerald

Maybe don't remove all spawn locations over the map but make spawning on the coast a lot more common. Just a thought.

+1

Why does everyone spawn in the coast, it would be stupid to explain, for 1 occasion sure but everyone just makes it wierd with rhe current system you can rp out more situations them waking up.

Although I have find memories of running along the coast, looking for beans and makarovs I gotta concur with Frayzies.

One: It's now somewhere you know is quiet, rarely touched and you can head to towns like Kamehnka and the like for some good uninterrupted RP if you want a quiet intimate (not in that way) session.

Two: There's something atmospheric about walking into one of the biggest cities in game and finding it empty save for the z's

Three: I find it an adventure and good backstory if I magically end up anywhere. It would suck for RP reasons if I woke up at the same 4 spawns everytime.

e.g. things went dark, and when I awoke I was back outside of Elektro again. This is the 12 time this has happened this week, and once again all my stuff is gone. Man I realyl wish I could find that guy who keeps stealing my stuff, or at least get Chernarussian health insurance.

I prefer spawning in the middle of nowhere. If the location in the text just says 'Wilderness' or something when I spawn, then I actually have to put effort in to find out where I am without a map. On the coast, it was just walk towards Cherno/Elektro, then go north. The coast isn't technically dying, its just the player base is more spread out around the map now.

• Legend

It is way better for RP, tell me, how would you magically wake up at the coast every time you "pass out"?

I prefer spawning in the middle of nowhere. If the location in the text just says 'Wilderness' or something when I spawn, then I actually have to put effort in to find out where I am without a map. On the coast, it was just walk towards Cherno/Elektro, then go north. The coast isn't technically dying, its just the player base is more spread out around the map now.

After spawning 5 times it took me like 10 seconds know where Iam and where i want to go.It can be good if you would spawn in middle of the map(Staroye,Mogilevka) so you have a choice go north or south.

My vote goes for keeping random spawning. It makes the coast feel like it's a valid part of the map and not just a place where fresh spawns are derping about trying to get gear.

+1

Nobody ever comes at the coast now, except for the very few ones who spawn there. Electro and Cherno are ghost towns, fully deserted..

Coast is not empty. I have always met someone there. Going to Cherno and Electro gives me more the apocalypse feeling now. Before it used to be 7-10 spawns there who went crazy if they saw u with anything better then a Patrol pack or a AK. The coast is now more like the rest of the map, a part of the apocalypse

• Sapphire

Not everyones back story has them spawning at the cost ...

So there isn't really any reason to change it

Guest John Le Bear

tumblr_m6ylexPunJ1rxhzggo2_400.jpg

its been a while, i had to post a bear :P

I like it a lot more how it is now. It makes more sense because the large majority of the server use characters that are not perrmadeath. This means each time they pass out (die) they will wake up somewhere random, compared to magically appearing at the coast each time. This is much more immersive in my opinion.

Cities actually have a sense of danger to them now, they are abandoned, nature has taken the cities from us and the infected inhabit the remains. Realistically the cities would be the most risky places to visit because of the large number of infected around, so that would mean less people would visit. Its much more immersive to visit a city/town with no life around other than the dead that walk the streets, in my opinion its much better like that than a big cluster fuck of fresh spawns derping around in Cherno/Electro.

The coast feels like an undiscovered area now, its a great place to roleplay with a couple people without the mass amounts of fresh spawns.

so basically -1 I like it how it is.

Well spoken, Bear. I like it how it is, even if I do not know which spawn points are all available. But I do not think that Freshspawns would revive the big cities in the south, especially since the "average life expectancy" is 21h 5m.