Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:26

Ban reduction request (RDM to Bad Initiation)

shadeyz

I am posting this appeal as i have yet to receive a reply from the GM who i believe banned me, this was only an hour ago so if you wish to 'Delay' the thread in some form then please do so if you wish.

Link to report : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-rp-s1-bad-initiation-at-neaf-around-18-50-11-24-2013

Why the verdict is not fair : The report was listed as Bad Initiation yet i was banned for Random Death Match.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) : I also believe that the players who issued the report against me could have easily avoided their death if they complied to my demands properly, i ordered them to leave the vehicle yet they did not respond and sat still in the vehicle, i started counting down from 5 but thought that was too short, so i started counting down from 10, when my countdown hit between 1-2 they decided to exit the vehicle, but as i was very edgy and near death i started shooting the driver as he was still in the vehicle at the one mark, but i also ended up hitting the passanger who left on the 2 mark, this could easily have been avoided if they had responded to my threat and exited the vehicle as soon as possible, they had no reason to waste time in the car as i did not order them to leave anything in the car.

I would also like you to consider that i was the one who started the initiation and the user who was banned alongside me was only following my example, e.g. he fired only because i fired.

Additional statement against the user who issued the report (added by OP) : I have SUSPICIONS that the the user and his friend who reported me might have possibly broke some rather minor rules, i will go into detail if requested.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal : I would like to achieve a reduction in my ban duration, if my suspicions against the user who reported me are correct then i would like my ban to be lifted completely.

What could you have done better? : I could have taken a step back and reviewed the situation i was in so that i could think out a better worded initiation, i could then have been patient with the people i was initiating against even if they barely scrape past the point of compliance, i could also have had better communication between me and the person in my group that i was initiating with.

Thank you for reading and reviewing my appeal, if you have any questions or would like to talk to me on team speak then i am in the "Karaoke Room" under the name Shadeyz [King Of Syrup Cake]

I have been messaged by the GM and have been informed that the punishment for RDM and Bad Initiation are the same duration, if nothing can be done then please close the appeal.

• MVP

Bad Initiation and RDM are just terms. Words. They only have meaning because we gave them meaning. What's important is the amount of punishment, which is coincidentally the same in this case. The two are connected anyway: a bad initiation causes a random death match.

The fact that your accomplice was just following your example mean is no excuse. If you shoot, you automatically claim all responsibility. That means facing the possible consequences if you shoot someone you shouldn't have shot.

If you think the other party has broken rules, then you are free to report them for it. That doesn't have anything to do with your current ban though. Also, you shouldn't report them out of revenge, but I think you can understand that. :)

Having said all that, do you wish to continue this appeal?

Bad Initiation and RDM are just terms. Words. They only have meaning because we gave them meaning. What's important is the amount of punishment, which is coincidentally the same in this case. The two are connected anyway: a bad initiation causes a random death match.

The fact that your accomplice was just following your example mean is no excuse. If you shoot, you automatically claim all responsibility. That means facing the possible consequences if you shoot someone you shouldn't have shot.

If you think the other party has broken rules, then you are free to report them for it. That doesn't have anything to do with your current ban though. Also, you shouldn't report them out of revenge, but I think you can understand that. :)

Having said all that, do you wish to continue this appeal?

If you think that there is a possability that i will be able to have my ban duration reduced, then please do continue the appeal, but if you think that from what you have read this appeal will go no where, then please close it. :)

• Emerald

Evaluation:

After reading over your argument here in your ban appeal and examining the original formal report it is in the opinion of staff that this is a pretty cut and go case. You were initially guilty of what unarguably cannot be explained as anything else other than a bad initiation, which lead to your RDMing of the individuals who were inside of the car, which you had ordered to exit said car.

Responding to when you said "The report was listed as Bad Initiation yet i was banned for Random Death Match", this is simple and I'll explain it to you this way. By initiating badly you then caused your later offense to be RDM. Because the RDM was the result of your bad initiation it is the focus of the report that fellows. If we were to go by any other system, you would be punished for both bad initiation and the RDM that followed, which means you would be given a six day ban and two banstrikes. Instead only the RDM is focused on and issued punishment, seeing as doing otherwise is a bit redundant. Not to mention bad initiation and RDM have the same punishment.

There is no valid reason to lift the ban.

Verdict:

David Michael Birchall / Shadeyz's ban appeal, denied.

The ban holds.