Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 05:12

F.O.B. Olympus - Heavy W.I.P.

F.O.B. Olympus

zg8Yox9.png

- The Back Story -

After weeks of keeping the SASR's Desal Plant secure as much as possible, The United States Sector 7 got a radio transmision about setting up a Forward Operation Base. Due to the lack of supplies over seas and the dangers of bring items and crates over to Chernarus they got very few items and mostly gathered rugged up and banged up cars and started making the

Olympus.The United States Sector 7 had very few supplies to make a "original" F.O.B. so the command had a long conversation on where to put this F.O.B. and later decided on the Polana Factory. In weeks of construction and hard work this is the end result. (//The base is still W.I.P, as is this thread)

N6lDHTa.jpg

OpDc9Mr.jpg

taNsx45.jpg

4kYYRhN.jpg

2iI1Kzh.jpg

3gQ2C7k.jpg

UtXzaLL.jpg

Q4XAuXx.jpg

- How to Enter -

The F.O.B. is currently Pending. Anyone and everyone (Besides people and groups who are on the banlist) are welcome here. This is a friendly place to trade your items for even better or even more! To enter just basically walk up to the main (//Only gate) gate and give the man your ID that is in the booth. Too assure maximum security for your items we ask you NOT to bring your vehicles.

- Camp Rules -

Once you step foot through the scrap metal gate, you are agreeing to ALL of these following rules.

•CR's words are final, Failure to comply may take hostile action such as Kicked from F.O.B., Banned from F.O.B., Maybe more action needs to be taken

•If F.O.B. is taking enemy fire, It is your life wether you defend your life or others.

•No running in the camp, Lowered weapons at all times.

•Do not enter CR area without CR permission/or underattack.

•Want to become a master thief? Then dont come here. (Don't be a thief, If you are the person you are thieving gets his word on what happens to you.

- Camp Representatives -

United States Sector 7

1S07qHy.png

Want to become a Camp Representative? Message me on the forums!

- Ban List -

Anyone found attacking/thieving/breaking any other rule in side the F.O.B. will be added to the ban list.

Players;

NONE YET!

Clans;

NONE YET!

• Emerald

Well, fancy and all, but I have a question;

Why Polana Factory? It's a heavy traffic area with a ton of industrial spawns, so throwing down a settlement ontop of it might not be the smartest.

I'm gonna say no because polana factory is way to high traffic and it would be stupid to put a base there. That is pretty much the main area for industrial loot in the northern part of the map, just having you guys have access to it would not be fair.

It seems very... Boring atm. Needs to be given a bit of drtail or essence that the military actually live there. Needs a focus point where people will gather, perhaps even a 'war room' with chairs in it for interrogations/meetings.

There is one of the buildings with a back door as the main door. With chairs and such for interogations, sorry forgot to take a pic of that.

I say no straight of the bat for 2 reasons

1.Its probably the best place for industrial in that part of the map.

2. its in direct violation of this settlement rule.

3. Map requirements

A settlement can not be placed in a spot where it will be considered hindrance to movement of function of normal player activity. That means no placing it near loot spawns, on the roads or near big cities. Ideal place is a secluded spot in a forest near the edge of the map with a dirt road leading to it.

The settlement must be created in 2D editor, we will not accept files made in 3D editor, as these are not compatible with the server mission file, even after using a converter.

I wish for a base on the coast maybe inbetween electro and cherno however this is my opinion but this looks like a good idea but bad location.

One question which clans are going to be CRS ?

• MVP

As mentioned above. When people have broken vehicles they go to Polana or Solnichiy. Putting a camp down on top of it would force people to go to Solnichiy which exacerbates the problem.

Besides, this camp idea only has blocked off areas and a medical tent so wouldnt offer that much of a role play focus to go there. It makes sense that people would use it and encamp there but I feel that is not necessarily appropriate and to make it work there would need to be a re-balancing of industrial loot spawns around the map to compensate for it.

I would argue that that would be too much effort compared to the the gains offered with this camp.

• Emerald

I say no straight of the bat for 2 reasons

1.Its probably the best place for industrial in that part of the map.

2. its in direct violation of this settlement rule.

3. Map requirements

A settlement can not be placed in a spot where it will be considered hindrance to movement of function of normal player activity. That means no placing it near loot spawns, on the roads or near big cities. Ideal place is a secluded spot in a forest near the edge of the map with a dirt road leading to it.

The settlement must be created in 2D editor, we will not accept files made in 3D editor, as these are not compatible with the server mission file, even after using a converter.

I wish for a base on the coast maybe inbetween electro and cherno however this is my opinion but this looks like a good idea but bad location.

One question which clans are going to be CRS ?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Maybe you could use the idea of Polana factory and have it in a different spot?

• MVP

Somebody obviously didn't read settlement requirements nor gave a proper thinking before getting involved into work on the subject. Atleast you didn't put much work into it so you didn't waste that much of a time.

Basically what you are trying to do is seal off the most popular industrial looting area with brick walls,spot lights and sandbags & other objects to your favour. It's direct breach of rules and common sense. How fair it is for you challange ownership rights in that area?

I say nono to this 'settlement' in a form pursuing rights to rule supported camp becouse of settlement rule breach.

If you really want to take over that area you may try what other groups have done in past - aka simply bring sandbags,tanktraps,barbed wire and proceed to fortificate it and maintain/hold events periodically. You won't have official rule support but with proper activity a 'CR' group can be seen as proper authority.

• Legend

As it has been stated above several times I won't elaborate more on the rules or what has been done wrong here.

But did you think that you could place your settlement on top of the most crowded industrial area on the map?

This will never be accepted as an official settlement, therefore I will close this thread before more posts clutter this.