Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 21:43

Raven's Nest being Removed.

GingerHippo

• MVP

So, I've just headed over to Server 1 and was going to go to Raven's Nest but realised that it has been removed.

In my opinion, it's for the best due to RSM leaving DayZRP and making it an easy spot for big clans such as SKA and also small groups of survivors to take over without having to worry about CR's being around meaning that they could rob anyone left right and center. Also, this sempt to cause many reports to appear just because of robberies that were done at Raven's.

The only bad thing is that there used to be a lot of RolePlaying that went on there which will now have to move over to Altar Castle which seems to be under attack nearly once everyday.

What do you guys think about the removal?

• MVP

It's a sad day. hopefully they will replace it with something else

Well, there is a plus... SKA are opening their settlement sometime but are currently creating it. This means maybe more RP can happen there without them robbing people but there will be a new topic which will go on at their camp which will be people getting trained to get a weapons licence for certain tiered guns which should be fun!

• MVP

It was their settlement and it's perfectly fine it got removed when they are gone. Any other option would be showing lack of respect and may have lead to further tarnishing memory of that place. Nothing much to discuss here. It's not like anything could/can be done about it. Consequences of it's removal are natural and all the heat will distribute among other camps. Still it will be a relative walk in park for CR's, it's not like all folks on server will congregate to one spot.

#Cut4Haven ;)

• MVP

We need a new survivor hub similar to the Nest.

I agree, it did seem to die after RSM left but maybe a new one will pop up later on which might even live up to what RSM started at the nest.

It was starting to be the Wild West settlement any group (4+) could control it and rob whoever entered. The last few times I was there it was completely abandoned. I don't think it needed to be removed tho. Another up-and-coming group could have taken it.

• MVP

You need ? What kind of thinking is that?

I'll tell you what you need - mod update and clan skins.

Camps are not needed,especially if they are to be lead by newby clans that don't make an impact nor show proper handling of responsibility they are given with running a camp.

To be frank, I've yet to see any video,community made newspaper,some series of RP stories, anything worth mentioning - linked to any of newest camps that would show that folks not linked to CR clans are enjoying their stay there. All you can read about settlement is how they became a site for another robbery/attack. It's a shame, I personally believe that as much it's good to have many settlements to distribute the 'heat' around the map and clans running camps - CR's are not making a difference in dayzrp realm with their settlement,not delivering some new,fresh ideas/concepts worth sharing on forums. Which is kinda contradictory to aim of existence of such camp.

Bring back the old ravens nest before RSM had CR rights and rename it to "The Old Nest" so it can be used as a player camp? The old nest has so many memories for me. Especially when I was in I.R.A.

• Diamond

Bring back the old ravens nest before RSM had CR rights and rename it to "The Old Nest" so it can be used as a player camp? The old nest has so many memories for me. Especially when I was in I.R.A.

This is....actually a good idea, I certainly approve.

• Sapphire

Will be missed :(

• Emerald

The memories I had there were the best I've had. All I remember is that IRA was always there.

Well, there is a plus... SKA are opening their settlement sometime but are currently creating it. This means maybe more RP can happen there without them robbing people but there will be a new topic which will go on at their camp which will be people getting trained to get a weapons licence for certain tiered guns which should be fun!

Or SKA just robs everyone near their settlement, because it seems that it is only thing what they can do..

Yeah it's sad. I stopped playing for a month because my pc broke down and when i came back i was disappointed by it's removal. Although i have never been at altar castle so i don't know how that place is. And the fact that it's being attacked nearly every day....that's part of the roleplay and it's way funnier this way. This way you don't just feel safe there, it's always a big decision going there.

• Sapphire

I had many memories there, I will miss it

Berezino nest? or what incarnation of The Nest do you mean?

• Emerald

Or SKA just robs everyone near their settlement, because it seems that it is only thing what they can do..

Is there any need for this?

The Nest's removal is sad, but necessary. I'd rather have it gone than continue to be what it was recently: a Ghost town.

• Emerald

We do its called desal plant

• MVP

Which is also raided daily xD <3

• Emerald

Which is also raided daily xD <3

3 times a week not that bad

Don't count on it. If you come to our settlement or even near it, expect to be robbed.