Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 04:28

Weapon loss due to desync/lag

Mental

• Sapphire

i was casually walking around desal when my character started switching to the hatchet. i tried to swtich back to my PKP but i notice it was gone.i still had the mags so i know i didnt accidentaly drop it . during all this i had a broken yellow chain which went red for a few seconds. has this sorta thing happened to anyone else?

I tried to combine some AK mags yesterday, all 5 disappeared from my inventory (as they normally do momentarily before reappearing), but they never came back.

I had no desync at the time and regular ping (350), but a lot of things were very delayed. When I ate food, the item would not disappear for about 30 seconds, then the sound would play another 30 seconds after that, then the text saying "You ate blah" would appear a minute after that...

I think this is unfortunately another thing to add to the list of how the servers have been a bit messed up for the past few days. While stuff that Action described happens quite often, I haven't had your issue, though I can believe it'd be related.

• Emerald

I had this bug happen to me, but I was able to get my weapon back. Go to the gear menu, and click the arrows to switch what you are carrying to your primary slot. When I did this, it brought back my gun even though the carrying slot showed it was empty in the gear menu. This happened to someone in SDS and this worked for him. Hope this helped.

800 posts! W00t!

• Sapphire

I had this bug happen to me, but I was able to get my weapon back. Go to the gear menu, and click the arrows to switch what you are carrying to your primary slot. When I did this, it brought back my gun even though the carrying slot showed it was empty in the gear menu. This happened to someone in SDS and this worked for him. Hope this helped.

800 posts! W00t!

Yeah i tried that and still nothing :L appreciate the help though

• Sapphire

I lost my M4A1 Masterkey CCO to this. Switched to my hatchet, then tried to switch back and my gun was gone! :(

Oh well, on an unrelated note, I hopped into a white sedan that was parked at Desal to go pick up a friend and as soon as I got into the vehicle, I was teleported to a blown up sedan at Raven's Nest. I think everyone around me got quite a shock haha

• MVP

We've had a lot of server issues lately and it is highly likely that your weapons vanishing is a result of server and database lag or errors, rather then some pre-existing dayZ glitch.

Personally I lost 5 AKM mags from this during the invasion event.

In the end, I can tell you that it is highly unlikely that the admins will "reimburse" your lost gear. It is not something they (at least to my knowledge) do frequently, if at all.

Rolle is aware of the server problems and he's currently digging into what could be causing it. It is likely that we'll have a fix, maintance or update soon that will sort it out, so hang in there.

• Emerald

Hope it gets fixed soon. I've lost guns/ammo already to.

I've been running into this glitch almost constantly the past couple of days. Your gun and melee are still there guys, just find a safe place to disconnect and reconnect, that fixes it.

For what it's worth I did a little test, it also is messing with times on the leaderboards. I certainly played more than 14 minutes just now.

• Emerald

I had this problem, it's because of the lag and desync the server just doesn't register it.

I lost a famas g2 aim point.

• Emerald

I lost a M4A1 SD Holo GL.....

It was a sad time but oh well iv got me a AKM so lookout everyone ;-P

Guest whitepointer

I put a ghille suit on, lagged like a boss due to it, kicked me from server, wouldn't spawn in buildings for me, lost my m4 then there were two of me spawned in and it was weird.

ME: Hey, friend! Nice to see you again! I haven't seen you in a while, NICE PKM! Got any spare magazines, i'm all out and can't use my PKM.

Him: Yeah, dog. 'Hands over 4 boxes of ammo'

ME: Damnit! You're an absolute life saver, I absolutely love the PKM, zeroing and I don't really like scopes, they hinder me more than anything - the PERFECT all round weapon, thanks again.

:Takes out of backpack in the same way I have always done and never had problems'

'Reloads PKM, runs around a little in celebration'

:Seconds later, You cannot have two primary weapons:

ME: OOC, I destroyed my PKM.