Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:13

Doctor Who 50th anniversary (No spoilers)

TomG

• Sapphire

I missed it. :(

• Emerald

I've not been keeping up with the latest season of Doctor Who. I sorta stopped watching after the Amy/Rory storyline. I need to catch up. This episode was one of the first I've watched in a while, and it was awesome! Was great to see all the tributes to past Doctors.

The final shot of the episode was absolutely fantastic. I want it as a poster on my wall.

Fucking amazing!

What did you guys think?

P.S No spoilers for people who haven't seen it. Post spoiler first then make sure its not seen instantly for common courtesy :)

Going to see "Day Of The Doctor" on Monday in 3D!

I hope its as good as people say it is :)

• Emerald

Oh, I also loved how it expanded the lore and we got to see some past events in more detail :)

Posting what I posted in the other thread.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

I wish they'd actually pushed the button and killed everyone though. It's kind of destroyed the Doctor Who story arc now. The "oh i wont remember this because of time travel shit" was bullshit.

Plus the bullshit about the Timelock was annoying. BUT DON'T WORRY THE MAGIC BOX LET US IN.

Other than that I enjoyed it. The first bit on the planet was really cool. A whole series like that during the war would be awesome.

That's me being a pessimist. That was still fucking awesome.

-snip-

*Spoilers below!*

Technically he did blow them up, the past 3 doctors have been him running from that, but it took 400 years to undo that and find another way.

And the whole 'forgetting' thing is needed to avoid total mind-fuckery, and was used in previous multi Doctor episodes.

*More spoilers*

Technically he did blow them up, the past 3 doctors have been him running from that, but it took 400 years to undo that and find another way.

And the whole 'forgetting' thing is needed to avoid total mind-fuckery, and was used in previous multi Doctor episodes.

True, true. I wish they'd come up with something a bit better though.

Other than that I enjoyed it loads. I liked the idea with the peace treaty and the nuke under London.

spoilers.

*More spoilers*

True, true. I wish they'd come up with something a bit better though.

Other than that I enjoyed it loads. I liked the idea with the peace treaty and the nuke under London.

I think the only reason the box let them through the timelock is because the "Box" made the timelock in the first place. It's kind of a paradox in that he must have blown them up at some point for them to go back and save it instead.