Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 16:10

Role Playing Fail.

A Message to all the clans out there.....

Ok so lately the quality of role playing on the servers is absolutely shocking, no one seems bothered to interact with any one out side there clan. The clans are to closed off and to unresponsive to any one who is not in there group. Its a case of shut up dont do anything get insulted then you either walk off or are killed. I try to create drama and meaning full interactions when in a camp (please not i do not mean being an idiot, this is meaning full drama that could make interesting things in the RP world happen). I will now show you a few examples:

Example 1.)

Upon approaching a camp i am asked for ID to which i say:

Me: "I'm afraid the only ID i have is this"

*Shows fake SKA Military License*

CR: "sorry you cant come in"

Problem: Ok, so i just gave this CR the opportunity of a life time to go crazy with RP, he could of gone to check the license taken me for an interrogation or questioned me about how i acquired it, but instead he reads the word Fake, dose not comment on it and just asked me to go. I mean... come on at least try..... of course i was then threatened to be shot if i didn't leave.... *sigh*.

Example 2.) In a camp full of CR's and only one other civilian and me. I ask about 6 times if any one has any food or drink they would like to trade. i was completely ignored and instead they just carried on there conversations with each other not even bothering to say "no friend sorry i do not". I mean i eventually even typed it and still no reply.

Problem: Not bothering to talk to/ get to know any one who comes into camp and just letting them in then ignoring them and talking only too your clan members.

Example 3.) Robberies are now more dull than ever. With robbers constantly telling you to shut up and not even bother listening to you, and if they do listen to you. Your told your a liar and that your really a spy .....*sigh*.......

Problem: So, according to most people, everyone is of a military back ground and that people with none Russian accents cant possibly live in Cherno ... there fore foreign accent, they are a spy. No, it dose not work like that, you have to accept people stories and debunk them. you cant just say what you think and that's that... because RP dose not work like that because by doing that you eliminate any chance of RP.

Well..... im glad i got this off my chest, unfortunately i have about 8 other examples of this and that just in 2 days... heres hoping for a better quality of RP in the future.

Example 1.)

Upon approaching a camp i am asked for ID to which i say:

Me: "I'm afraid the only ID i have is this"

*Shows fake SKA Military License*

CR: "sorry you cant come in"

Problem: Ok, so i just gave this CR the opportunity of a life time to go crazy with RP, he could of gone to check the license taken me for an interrogation or questioned me about how i acquired it, but instead he reads the word Fake, dose not comment on it and just asked me to go. I mean... come on at least try..... of course i was then threatened to be shot if i didn't leave.... *sigh*.

So you're saying it's bad RP for a person to think a fake ID which was made over a year after the breakout, with minimum supplies most likely? He might've been in a sticky situation and was trying to listen to his radio as his friends might've been in trouble, or maybe was in the middle of something IRL so he could'nt talk that much. You never know.

Example 2.) In a camp full of CR's and only one other civilian and me. I ask about 6 times if any one has any food or drink they would like to trade. i was completely ignored and instead they just carried on there conversations with each other not even bothering to say "no friend sorry i do not". I mean i eventually even typed it and still no reply.

Problem: Not bothering to talk to/ get to know any one who comes into camp and just letting them in then ignoring them and talking only too your clan members.

Alright, so it's an apocalypse, people have started to kill eachother for just calling someone a name, supplies are running low. Would you honestly give someone you don't know or trust some food? I wouldn't say it's bad RP, just being harsh.

Example 3.) Robberies are now more dull than ever. With robbers constantly telling you to shut up and not even bother listening to you, and if they do listen to you. Your told your a liar and that your really a spy .....*sigh*.......

This one sounds like just bad luck for you, there are a lot of good RPers who are bandits on this server, like SKA, SVR, etc.

Problem: So, according to most people, everyone is of a military back ground and that people with none Russian accents cant possibly live in Cherno ... there fore foreign accent, they are a spy. No, it dose not work like that, you have to accept people stories and debunk them. you cant just say what you think and that's that... because RP dose not work like that because by doing that you eliminate any chance of RP.

I don't really understand this part, but if you have an English accent but lived in Cherno, people could believe you were a spy. As I doubt there were many English people living in Chernarus.

I know what you mean about folks ignoring you , I use text a lot because I know that a lot of people cant understand my accent and have been thinking about switching my accent and practicing because of it,

it seems if you dont talk on the mic noone listens to you and ,, in my case ,, if folks cant understand you properly they will just ignore you as quick as they can instead of trying to make out what you are saying.

but on the other hand , you might just be unlucky because I come across some really convincing and funny people quite a bit and even though im not the best RP player I get some really good laughs and RP XP out of just meeting with random folks like that.

you will find its better to be outside camps roaming around in the wasteland , as when you meet folks , they are meeting you and not wandering about a camp all day just picking times they want to RP

Alfie:

So you're saying it's bad RP for a person to think a fake ID which was made over a year after the breakout, with minimum supplies most likely?

He wouldnt of known the id was fake just like that he would need to check it first, he did not. If he was busy talking to others on the radio then he should not be on the front gate dealing with some one who has just arrived out side the camp, you would ask them to hold on a second or get some one who isnt busy to do it instead.

Alright, so it's an apocalypse, people have started to kill eachother for just calling someone a name, supplies are running low. Would you honestly give someone you don't know or trust some food? I wouldn't say it's bad RP, just being harsh.

I wasnt asking for a hand out, i was asking to trade. But no one even said No. i was just ignored.

This. Most robberies seem to be "drop your shit and fuck off" now. Instead of actually roleplaying. Even some big clans (not naming any) have stopped my vehicle, made me get out, and made me run into a town full of zombies with next to no blood and nothing to defend myself.

I play a bandit. And, yes, I understand that roleplay comes AFTER the initiation. But IF they comply, roleplaying with them would be nice. I always question my victims, and talk to them about my motives and make them share their story ect. Of course if your character isn't as sarcasticaly friendly as mine, do it your own way to fit your character. But atleast try.

Ok so lately the quality of role playing on the servers is absolutely shocking, no one seems bothered to interact with any one out side there clan.

So i just wrote a really long post here about an episode with me and a friend that encountered some really unsocial people after crashing their car but i forgot to post it -_- I guess ill shorten it.

We were in Gorka, hear a car shout at it for a lift but they continue on. 20 seconds later we see fire from the car and run over shouting: Are you okey?!?! They responded saying: Help the wounded! Now the server was really laggy, we couldnt even bandage the 2 guys passed out and zombies didnt even hit us. After a while clearing the huge amount of zombies i asked if they were okey, i only got a short yes. That was literally it, i had to ask them 3 times before they responded. And i dont think they even wanted to RP. Wich i think is really stupid as their 2 friends just died in a car crash.

So yeah i do agree

With the first example it sounds like you're trying to force people into RP'ing the way you want. They are CR's of the camp, and if they would rather have you leave for showing an SKA ID, fake or not, that is their prerogative.

That is not my point, The guy just says no. He dosen't even make an effort to check the license, he just says no. I had no problem with being refused entry, the problem i had was he acted like he new it was fake the second i typed it, he didn't say "oh let me go check this". He just stood their and said No..... Im not forcing any role play on some one by showing a fake ID, im giving them an opportunity to make a crazy new story or to pass on by. If i was forcing a story on some one i would tell them there always wrong, tell them that there liars ect........

• Sapphire

With the first example it sounds like you're trying to force people into RP'ing the way you want. They are CR's of the camp, and if they would rather have you leave for showing an SKA ID, fake or not, that is their prerogative.

That is not my point, The guy just says no. He doesn't even make an effort to check the license, he just says no. I had no problem with being refused entry, the problem i had was he aced like he new it was fake the second I typed it, he didn't say "oh let me go check this". He just stood their and said No..... I'm not forcing any role play on some one by showing a fake ID, I'm giving them an opportunity to make a crazy new story or to pass on by. If i was forcing a story on someone I would tell them there always wrong, tell them that there liars ect........

If you want to lie in game it is the person you are lying to's choice to beleave you or not he didn't so he said no. Sure he could have done more but SKA raids the settlements every day so if you give a fake SKA ID bam kicked out. makes perfect sense.

Plus they could also think you are trying to bait them or something. How about you do this next time, kill a person (legitly) or find a dead person write down their name (steal their ID) and add something like, say "gives ID of John Smith with a smeared bloody thumb print" they should have something to say about that because you actually give something to work with.

-edit- I accidentally fixed the errors in the quote of you sorry I thought it was my mistakes

SKA Military License is an accepted form of ID, just like my SASR ID that was made for me later that day when i tried the same thing. Just because you have one of the SKA licenses to carry a fire arm dosn't make you part of SKA or even a threat. Also... i had a hatchet... not like i was going to take on a camp full of people with it xD

• Sapphire

"Military Licence" doesn't sound quite right when it hits the ear neither, "SKA Weapons Licence" maybe. It's better to try and be less sneaky when dealing with people so if you have no reason to be sneaky don't, unless that's just who your character is but if he is be very cautious as people may claim you tried to go in there belongings or something because they see you as untrustworthy.

How you can say the rp on the server at the moment is shocking is beyond me I find it rare to come across bad rp on the server nowadays , sounds like you just want people to rp the way you like which is never going to happen. The rp is 10x better than it used to be. Rp is what you make it. I personally have had great rp lately and I am really enjoying it. As for the robberies again you must have just met the bad bunch because other clans who have robbed me recently have been really good and fun.