Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:42

English-Russian Translations

English-Russian Translations

So most of you know I'm Russian from birth. Thus you might know I speak Russian every day, from proper Russian to the most harsh slang there is.

Why would you ask me instead of using Google Translator ?

Most of the items there have incorrect writing, what I mean is, it is incorrect it confuses words and such. It will be a few words translated roughly making the translation not what you wanted.

Why would you want to know some Russian In-Game ?

Since we are in Chernarus, you can imagine Russian is spoken by some there, but all we hear is english, why not some Russian ?

How you ask me ?

Just use the format depending on what you want and I will answer quoting you so you get a notification.

Words :

What would this word be used in ? (In what sort of sentence) :

Phrases : 

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) :

• Legend

Phrases : Drop your shit

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) : Both proper and slang

• MVP

Phrases : 5 seconds to comply or you will die motherfucker!

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) : Both

• Legend

Phrases : Drop your weapons, idiot! five seconds to comply!!

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) : Both :D

Phrases : Drop your shit

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) : Both proper and slang

Proper : napil veshe svoyi staff (Place your items on the ground)

Slang : hooynoo svoyi napil broc (Throw your shit on the ground)

Phrases : 5 seconds to comply or you will die motherfucker!

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) : Both

Proper : Oovas yiest pyiat sicoond dilet eto ili te pakibnish. (You have 5 seconds to do this or you die.)

Slang : Oovas yiest pyiat sicoond dilet eto ili ubyoo teba ublyodok. (You have 5 seconds to do this or I'll kill you bastard.) *Motherfucker is not used so I replaced it, hope you won't mind*

Phrases : Drop your weapons, idiot! five seconds to comply!!

What do you want this to be ? (Proper Russian, slang etc.) : Both :D

Proper : atpooosti aroogia, utiba yiest pyiat sicoond eta delat (Let go of your weapons, you have 5 seconds to do this)

Slang : atpoosti aroogia durak, utiba yiest pyiat sicoond eta delat (Let go of your weapon idiot, you have 5 seconds to do this)

I coud help with translations as well, im native russian (currently living in Russia). So here's even more adapted versions. Each verison has non translated original, so u can copypaste it here and click on volume icon to hear the pronunciation)

Proper : napil veshe svoyi staff (Place your items on the ground)

Slang : hooynoo svoyi napil broc (Throw your shit on the ground)

Proper: Brosai' veshi na pol! (Place your items on the ground) (Бросай вещи на пол!)

Slang: Vikidivay vsyo svoje dermo na zjemlu (Throw your shit on the ground) (Выкидывай всё свое дерьмо на землю!)

Proper : Oovas yiest pyiat sicoond dilet eto ili te pakibnish. (You have 5 seconds to do this or you die.)

Slang : Oovas yiest pyiat sicoond dilet eto ili ubyoo teba ublyodok. (You have 5 seconds to do this or I'll kill you bastard.) *Motherfucker is not used so I replaced it, hope you won't mind*

Proper: oo tebya est pyat secoond, chtoby sdelat eto, ili ty umresh! (You have 5 seconds to do this or you die) (У тебя есть пять секунд чтобы сделать это, или ты умрешь!)

Slang: Slang version is ok

Proper: atpooosti aroogia, utiba yiest pyiat sicoond eta delat (Let go of your weapons, you have 5 seconds to do this)

Slang : atpoosti aroogia durak, utiba yiest pyiat sicoond eta delat (Let go of your weapon idiot, you have 5 seconds to do this)

Proper: Opoosty svoje oruzjee, oo tebya na eto pyat secoond. (Let go of your weapons, you have 5 seconds to do this) (Опусти своё оружие, у тебя на это пять секунд!)

Slang: Bistro opoosty svoe orujee, mraz, ili podokhnesh, oo tebya est pyat secoond. (Let go of your weapon idiot, you have 5 seconds to do this) (Быстро опусти своё оружие или подохнешь, мразь, у тебя есть пять секунд.)

Phrase: it's more a translation I don't have crylic keyboard so used "hectn" as bear is this correct?

What you want this to be: some southern dialect

Phrase: thank you my friend

What you want this to be: again proper/southern dialect

I not quite got the idea of the first phrase, it would be helpful to have more context.

---

Proper: Spasibo moji druyg Thank you my friend (Спасибо мой друг)

Southern: There no exact dialect based on the sides of the world. There is more specific thing called subdialects. They exist on certain historical territory and varies of cultural and historic situation. But here is another version of this phrase, it implies more friendly and closer friendship between two people (males)

More friendly version: Spasibo drujishe! Thank you my friend (Спасибо дружище!)

• Emerald

In all honesty, even though I appreciate the gesture, I doubt people will actually start speaking russian sentences. Giving people the translations to: "Drop your weapons" may be fun, but if the person being robbed doesn't understand the sentence, there is no RP involved. I often use spasiba for thanks, and dobriy den for good evening, but nothing else. I try to use some common sayings whenever I can, but that is merely for the immersion during roleplaying.

I think it would be cool if you take the sentences which repeat the most and then make a video with some gameplay and translate it o people can atually HEAR what you sai. I think thats easier :P

1301101599_1373910340.jpg

• Sapphire

I think it would be cool if you take the sentences which repeat the most and then make a video with some gameplay and translate it o people can atually HEAR what you sai. I think thats easier :P

1301101599_1373910340.jpg

[video=youtube]

• Emerald

I like how so far people only want to know how to rob others in Russian! :D

State of the mod I guess...

Anyway, the Russian series by "The Travel Linguist" is a great resource. I strongly recommend that people put a night aside to study videos like these if they really want to sink their teeth into a character that speaks a foreign (non-English) language on the servers...

[video=youtube]

-snip-

Phrase: it's more a translation I don't have crylic keyboard so used "hectn" as bear is this correct?

What you want this to be: some southern dialect

Phrase: thank you my friend

What you want this to be: again proper/southern dialect

I not quite got the idea of the first phrase, it would be helpful to have more context.

---

Proper: Spasibo moji druyg Thank you my friend (Спасибо мой друг)

Southern: There no exact dialect based on the sides of the world. There is more specific thing called subdialects. They exist on certain historical territory and varies of cultural and historic situation. But here is another version of this phrase, it implies more friendly and closer friendship between two people (males)

More friendly version: Spasibo drujishe! Thank you my friend (Спасибо дружище!)

First phrase is my char nickname he is called bear as his father made him fight bears so he was known as bear. And thank you I will be using it once I have pronunciation better

Des