Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 10:18

SVR: How can we improve?

Robbin

• Emerald

Hi there,

Some of you may know me, some of you may not. I am a former S-GRU (2nd coming) member, who, along with some friends I've made on DayZRP, started up the clan SVR (1st coming). Due to personal issues I was unable to play and have since returned to a new SVR, with new leadership and new players. As one of the larger bandit groups, there will always be controversy, personal issues and rivalries. However, I wish a great future for this SVR, and we need YOUR help for that. I have a few questions for the people on DayZRP and am hoping some of you are willing to take the time for us, so we may improve your experience.

1. What do you currently think of the clan SVR (not only skill-wise, but also personally)

2. How would you rate the clan SVR on a scale to ten (1-10, the highest being the best score)

3. What do you think is the strength of SVR?

4. What do you think is the weakness of SVR?

5. What do you think of SVR's Role-playing?

6. Do you have any suggestions for us to improve on these things? What would you like to see more/less of?

Let it be known, this is not a cop-out. We are currently debating our possibilities internally as well, but we wish to know your opinions and suggestions to add to this.

ON A PERSONAL NOTE:

I would ask the admins to allow the SKA-members to voice their opinion in this thread. I believe that both groups know the possible consequences should this go badly. I just want the entire community to be able to voice their opinion as we genuinely want to create a better experience and atmosphere.

Thank you for your time,

Robbin

tl;dr: Please answer these questions, so we can improve your experience during Role-playing situations.

1. I like the majority of SVR members, although they are all a bit stubborn and do not usually accept the truth. They are well-trained and arranged though.

2. Between 8 and 8.5

3. Decent, large numbers and well-trained.

4. Possibly communications, simply because of my time with NRF, comms were not too great.

5. It's decent, some members could do more than the stereotypical Russia/British accent which shows up a lot.

Hope this helps, keep up the good work otherwise <3

6. Not rob people of their military grade drinks and meds, you shouldn't take backpacks either, they're not military.

Guest funnyfacegaming

1. What do you currently think of the clan SVR (not only skill-wise, but also personally) Well Misty and I go way back sort of so you guys are good and you roleplay your directive well

2. How would you rate the clan SVR on a scale to ten (1-10, the highest being the best score) 9/10

3. What do you think is the strength of SVR? The and veterans and just their overall skills etc.

4. What do you think is the weakness of SVR? Your immortal, Just kidding one day I spied on you guys manning s-gru turn you should of already had people up in the woods ready for someone and I mean honestly I sat there a while that seems to me like a security breach

5. What do you think of SVR's Role-playing? You guys do great inter

6. Do you have any suggestions for us to improve on these things? What would you like to see more/less of? More directive 4.7 more fierce don't be nice xD be meanys

• MVP

I can't really comment on your roleplay as I haven't really seen you in-game, but what I can comment on is behaviour on the forums.

Don't get provoked, and don't provoke people yourself.

For some this is harder than for others, but people like you, Robbin, for whom it isn't a problem, should try to keep the rest "in line". I know I can't really expect that of you so it's more of a request. Let's just say I'd appreciate it. I think it's more effective than having staff members interfere. As cool as we may be, notable clan members such as yourself are more looked up to. You could set an example.

The problem with big clans is that they all defend each other on the forums. If one person flames or gets flamed, he'll be backed up by dozens of others.

I'd be very happy not to have to interfere in any forum banter which involves SVR again. Individual members breaking forum rules? That happens. That's not on your whole clan. But a report that gets out of hand or yet another flamewar in a clan thread IS on your clan.

Sorry for not answering the questions you provided, but I haven't really got anything to go on except for some negative forum experiences. Naturally... I'm a member of staff. Don't think too much of it. :)

I think this is a great initiative you are taking here. Good stuff.

1. Being an SKA member I do respect the clan. I do not necessarily 'like' every single member but I do hold the clan as whole in high regards.

2. 7

3. Quite a few experienced players, large numbers

4. Loose recruitment. I think you guys are welcoming too many poor or inexperienced people.

5. Am yet to experience it.

6. Tighten recruitment. I would like to know if you guys are communist or not also.

You say you aren't yet there are communist symbols all over your clan thread. (5 point star, hammer and sickle)

1. What do you currently think of the clan SVR (not only skill-wise, but also personally)

Personally most of you a really nice people, to name a few, Wunsleh, Daniel and Neom. You were always a match for us in firefights so that's good! ;)

I believe your background could be better researched and I yelled at you a bunch on your first day for it!

2. How would you rate the clan SVR on a scale to ten (1-10, the highest being the best score)

I can't really rate, but I'd say between 7-9/10 :)

drop weaps 5 secs.

Fear. Fear is both our clans biggest strength. It lowers our enemies moral and causes them to doubt their abilities. Keep the people bricking themselves every time they see your XML.

A lack of tactics. In some of the firefights, I believe you tactics and formations were never exactly up to scratch. You kinda seemed to be all over the place. The fights were still tough though!

Some of your players I believe are unseasoned and may take away from the professional and intimidating appearance of your group. Ensure that all your members are combat effective.

At first I was disappointed. We saw the roleplay of one of your members and we were not impressed at all. However that changed today after I had a very interesting and enjoyable talk with Zero1 who was quite an interesting character.

6. Do you have any suggestions for us to improve on these things? What would you like to see more/less of?

-Tactics, practice in armory. Have routines for initiations and tasks for everyone. Working on Comms is always a safe suggestion!

May update if I can think of anything else.

• Emerald

1. I believe you are just too aggressive in-game, I mean yeah it is a hell of a lot to rob people, don't get me wrong but I believe you should diversify into different areas of RP. Just because you don't agree politically, you can still act humane towards other people.

2. 7/10 A well functioning clan with a hell of a lot of promise.

3. The friendship of everybody in the clan, its the best way for a clan to improve and become so much more. Each clan member can hold their own in a firefight too.

4. When I was in SVR, tactics was a major issue for me, it always felt like throwing a pebble at a wall and expecting the wall to fall, you need to improvise, train and try different play styles to what you currently do.

5. Needs a lot of work, with you only providing hostile RP,it becomes stale very quickly. Like I said earlier, you need to diversify your roleplaying.

6. More civil RP, less hostile RP.

I make this post in the hopes of improving SVR, there is absolutely no snide or hostile comments purposely made. Hope it helps.

I have only met you guys twice (As a group), and both were a horrible experience.

So I am gonna voice my opinion solely on those experiences.

Uhm.. I do not like the clan SVR, and personally I think people would be happier if you guys disbanded. You guys have given me some fun firefights, but not RP.. Which is what I am looking for when playing DayzRP.

Having loads of people.

Role-play.

It was horrible, you ran straight up to me, no greetings, started blabbing about your "laws" and whatnot, didnt even look at me. You kept aiming at my friend who went prone, but I found out later cause you had snipers on me. When I died and spawned at Dolina, I ran up to Polana factory only to get robbed by one of your men.. Again, within 3 minutes space. (Here I was new spawned)

I would like to see more RP and interaction. Not just hang around at SGRU turn and start disarming people and start going on your laws or whatnot.

I hope none of you will not be offended, I am only speaking out of those times I met you guys.

Yay Robbin ^^ Thanks everyone for all the feedback and suggestions so far, and those yet to come!

Had to laugh a little at fruitpunch his post, but yeah nonetheless thanks for the feedback m8!

Guest Dimitry

Ide just like to say bandit or not everyone has there own place in rp and without a certan role of a bandit or hero all dayz would not be the same so all clans bandit or not are awesome

Thank you Robbin for making this thread man. Everyone feel free to share your thoughts and feelings about SVR. We will take all constructive criticism so we can improve ourselves and the clan.

• MVP

I have never met the new SVR in game and have only rumors and word of mouth to go off.

From what I've heard I doubt I would ever like to meet SVR in game. I have spoken with a few of your members in TS and I've enjoyed every minute of it but that's all OOC.

When it comes to SVR's RP, I'm sorry to say but hasn't DayZRP had enough clans with the ideal that "civilians" should not have weapons? Military grade or otherwise. In my eyes every random you (and other groups like SVR) come across are seen as civilians, merely because they are not part of your group.

Someone mentioned Fear being a valuable asset to your groups power earlier and I agree.

Back when CLF was in it's prime many people feared us and were jumpy whenever we were around.

However fear shouldn't be your only tool.

Using fear against enemy clans is good and should be utilized as much as possible but when it comes to meeting random players in the wild, wouldn't it be better to try and get them to help your group? Perhaps by providing information on your enemies, gathering supplies and such. Simply robbing them, providing a small bit of RP and then sending them away is not good in most circumstances.

I'm sorry if I came off as insulting but from looking at your CP and seeing certain people there I honestly expected much higher praise on SVR's roleplay quality. but from what I've heard it's sub-par.

I have played with members of NRF before and I can safely say that they are mostly nice ooc-ly to me, at least on TS. The clan has so much potential, yet, I feel as if they are limiting themselves by adhering to disarming civilians without an alternative. Skill-wise, I have not been part of large firefights lately so I cannot say for certain.

As of right now, 6/10.

The reputation of SVR is definitely one of its strengths. The mere sight of a red beret is enough to send people scattering.

Roleplay and backstory. I will explain the roleplay portion in the answer for the question below. Backstory wise, I've witnessed that SVR members are generally not up to speed about the history of their own clan. Why are they here? Who sent them here? What are their goals? These questions often seem difficult for SVR members to answer and I feel that this is something that should be definitely worked on. Without knowing your purpose in Chernarus, the whole clan loses its meaning.

I've had two very different experiences thus far with SVR roleplay. The first one was very disappointing, especially since I have never met an SVR member prior to that. I was very much looking forward to the RP but it turned out that the SVR member did not even know his own backstory. To say the least, I was not impressed and this opinion only worsened when the SVR hostage ran away right after restart, not evening giving us a chance to log back on.

However, I also had a second encounter with an SVR member today and I was genuinely surprised at the quality of RP he provided. He was civil and acted as a soldier should. We even had a very interesting conversation about politics and both of the clans' reasons for being in Chernarus. He knew his backstory, well enough so, and I enjoyed the RP with him greatly.

I would definitely like to see the backstory of SVR being thoroughly worked out. Everyone in the clan should know and understand the backstory, regardless of what rank you are. Perhaps try RPing among yourselves and getting a better feel of your characters and their own individual history. Moreover, I personally feel that the leaders should take a more active role in promoting roleplay and to also reprimand those who only "drop weps 5 secs".

I will not comment much about the PVP skills of SVR as I feel that it is secondary to RP. Plus, I'm quite terrible in firefights myself so I wouldn't be able to give fair judgement.

Due to my lack of personal experience with SVR, I will not be hitting all the points, instead I will ask some questions and maybe they will provoke some detailed discussion.

Who are you working for? The Russian Federation? Some sort of rouge, underground soviet-totalitarian movement (I know the symbolism in your thread has been brought up, so I would like to circumvent this subject, as it has been addressed many times before)?

What other goals are you looking to achieve in Chernarus, other than disarming the population of "military grade" weaponry?

Why are you enforcing Directive 4.7? What is the purpose? Why is whoever you're employed by interested in doing this in Chernarus?

Edit: Allison beat me to it... sly woman.

• Emerald

I have never run into you guys in-game. So I cannot speak from personal experience. What I would like to touch on more in the concept of the clan.

I hate to say it, but the whole "Disarm civilians" schtick is old and tired. For a group to just go around disarming civilians and trying to impose some directive on the lands is something that's been seen before, and again, and again... and now there are multiple LARGE groups going around doing this...

It's old, it's been done, and frankly, many people are tired of dealing with groups that want to take anything bigger than a Bison. I've heard many times from people about other things being taken as well, such as their "military" backpacks... This makes it seem even more like a tossed-out excuse to take whatever you want.

Honestly, this server needs innovation, not copy-paste objective clans. You need to work on coming up with reasons and rules that are something new, something that isn't done to death.

I've recently read a large discussion about people constantly running away from RP interactions. Many of the people complaining about it were all from large bandit clans...

This issue as I see it is specifically caused by the fact that people cannot even feel safe with their crappy AK weapon. Groups don't need to go around robbing people of every automatic weapon in existence. If you are going to be robbing someone, it should be because they have something you really need, not just as an excuse to play a little bandit rp that very few people actually enjoy.

I'd say you need to focus strongly on what your clan is based on, come up with a fresher concept for your existence. When you meet that random survivor with his crappy AK and Czech backpack, maybe try having a conversation with him, rp out you talking to them about your ideals and backstory. Let him leave with an appreciation for why you are in these lands, new ideas about how the world could work... instead of him walking away thinking "fucking bandits just wanting some reason to take anything they want".

No-one realisticly believes you needed their crappy AK, or their Czech backpack.

• Emerald

I haven't seen you neither SVR or SKA in game in their current form so I can't really comment on most of the things except the one that bugs me most. The use of Soviet symbols and Federation/Imperial/White Russia symbols together. There is nothing in the background that supports use of both symbols. Also one the thing that there are foreigners serving in Russia's Foreign Intelligence Service?

Which brings us to another question; Why did SVR, Foreign Intelligence Service turn to be an military unit? Russia has a large military with several units able to do civilian control so why did Kreml decided that intelligence service should be turned military unit? Kreml would have sent in Special Battalions to do this kind of job at first and maybe later units from under MVD.

1. I like the idea as a clan and you guys bring a fun enemy to have battles with and such bat that is all I feel the clan is for.

2. I would say a 6

3. The strength of SVR is its name and your numbers.

4. The weakness as many people here have said before is your roleplay which I will get into next.

5. I'm sorry but the roleplay is just not there. From the few experiences I have had it has always just been shoot forst roleplay is somewhere else entirely. Every experience I have had with you has lasted less than a minute where there could have been some good roleplay. I remember once where I had died in a firefight with you guys and then 5 minutes later run into you and you just go "Oh you are al-Takizh so we kill you now.

The second time was when me and a clan mate were walking down the road and we just get lit up by you guys when we didn't know you had KOS rights on us because apparently the people who had robbed are other men before were wearing civilian skins at the time. I feel you guys could have tried to do something other than just shoot us as we walked by.

6. MY advice would to start doing roleplay over PVP right now. You guys really need to work on this, because if this gets better I have no doubt that meeting you guys would be a lot more fun than me knowing i'm gonna get executed in 30 seconds. I would alos change up your disarming rule to be less take everything and say take anything sa58 and above for russian weapons and anything other than an m4 iron sights for western weapons.

I understand as a member of SKA, you will not take much from my feedback as you may feel it is driven by some form of scary OOC hate; I assure you however this is not the case.

I personally think that the clan SVR, at this current time, is purely looking for PvP. From the RP that I have seen/ heard of and the RP that I have experienced from SVR, the extreme minority of SVR actually RP, the rest seem to just want to get into a fight whether they have a weapon or not.

(As justified in this:

Watch from 12:00; seems that there is no regard for life)

Probably its numbers.

Lacking in RolePlay.

I think that in its entirety, SVR's RP is really lacking. As stated above I believe that it is just focused on making enemies and getting into fire fights. Also I don't understand SVR's thread and back story as a whole. Why use a hammer and sickle with the Federation's flag? What is with the use of communistic symbols when SVR is an organization set up as apart of the federation NOT the Soviet Union or otherwise? Why is this intelligence agency acting as a counter insurgency unit/ military unit? Why is it disarming the populous? What is the justification for claiming to be sent from the Kremlin with info that SKA are not sent from the Kremlin (Kind of forces RP doesn't it? Sure you may say we did this, but we simply did not. SKA made claim that it had not received word from the Kremlin of the group known as SVR operating in Chernarus) ?

I would like to see less of a focus on PvP and more focus on RP from SVR as it is after all an intelligence agency. I would also like to see some RP as being Russian, as it makes no sense for a Foreign Intelligence Agency to be recruiting anyone from anywhere.

I suggest a possible reworking of the backstory and goals; as in their current state, don't seem to add up to what a Foreign Intelligence Agency is (and we're meant to be playing roles here, thus the term Role Playing).

I won't write a whole lot but I agree whole heartedly with the comments made about your roleplay, from what I seem to gather as a civilian is that you just walk around looking for people to rob from if they have something you want with absolutely zero alternative, except being shot or giving you the gun.

All other clans I've encountered atleast try to spawn a decent roleplay scenario from their robberies and do indeed add alternatives, or atleast let you create some roleplay to perhaps decide the upshot. I think any suggestions/roleplay/alternatives, absolutely anything with you guys simply results in the words 'Fuck it, drop your weapon or be shot'.

Uhm.. I do not like the clan SVR, and personally I think people would be happier if you guys disbanded. You guys have given me some fun firefights, but not RP.. Which is what I am looking for when playing DayzRP.

I hope none of you will not be offended, I am only speaking out of those times I met you guys.

Well your post offended myself because it was the definition of trolling.

You do realize your last sentence says "I hope none of you will NOT be offended".

What are you trying to do here?

Well your post offended myself because it was the definition of trolling.

You do realize your last sentence says "I hope none of you will NOT be offended".

What are you trying to do here?

I don't believe he meant anything by it, probably a simple typo. Perhaps FruitPunch should clarify what he meant. He clearly had a bad experience with you which is unfortunate. Just take his feedback into consideration, it is the purpose of this thread after all.

• MVP

I bet that was a typo. Double negative is a common error in the English language.

You can't make a thread asking for opinions and not expect people to criticize you.

FruitPunch can only comment on what he has seen. Apparently those were bad experiences. If you don't want to take his criticism into account, fine, but don't class it as trolling/flaming just because you don't agree with it. Nowhere in his post was FruitPunch being a dick. He was just stating his honest opinion.