Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 10:33

The need to see ID?

Vulric

• Sapphire

I get kind of annoyed when I'm scavenging cities/towns and when I run into a player they eventually ask for hard identification, rather than just asking for my name. I understand that people want ID at settlements (if they're CRs) but for random encounters I don't see why ID is needed when you can just ask for my name. Just want to hear some opinions the side from people that have asked for "ID" in the past.

• Legend
  • Sapphire

Next time I'll take Gij's advice and spend 5 minutes roleplaying finding my ID, hopefully that'll just make them forget it.

• Emerald

My reaction to people who open "interactions" with "GIVE ID NOW!"

181.gif

And I make sure to waste a few minutes of their time digging my pockets and going through my medical report files to find an old library card.

Guest Katherine

I don't know about you guys, But i for one ask for id everywhere i go.

Go to the store? Show some fackin id

Go to the boss? Show some ID

If i meet you all IRL, Going to need some ID

You hear what i say?

But seriously, Asking for id everywhere you go in this place is really unrealistic and feels astronomically more stupid when you just meet some average joe on the street. Why do you need his id anyways? It isn't like this person might be relevant, What makes it worse is the fact some people just for not giving id, Then try to rob you. Pretty much show id or get robbed.

• Legend

Example: Someone robbed me of my car, backpack and my gun and all the other stuff and I had to put the stuff in the car.

They kidnapped me in another car and after a few minutes they wanted me to give them my Id. I told them that my ID is in my backpack in the other car (which was not at the scene). They didnt like but they had to deal with it.

• Sapphire

You hear what i say?

But seriously, Asking for id everywhere you go in this place is really unrealistic and feels astronomically more stupid when you just meet some average joe on the street. Why do you need his id anyways? It isn't like this person might be relevant, What makes it worse is the fact some people just for not giving id, Then try to rob you. Pretty much show id or get robbed.

Yep, when I drive to the military base and the gate guard asks for my ID I make sure to ask him for ID first. Noob just says "ID" irl, what a pleb.

Guest Katherine

You hear what i say?

Yep, when I drive to the military base and the gate guard asks for my ID I make sure to ask him for ID first. Noob just says "ID" irl, what a pleb.

Got to keep your Id hand strong.

• Sapphire

Example: Someone robbed me of my car, backpack and my gun and all the other stuff and I had to put the stuff in the car.

They kidnapped me in another car and after a few minutes they wanted me to give them my Id. I told them that my ID is in my backpack in the other car (which was not at the scene). They didnt like but they had to deal with it.

Did they ever insist you have ID, even when ICly you didn't?

• Legend

Did they ever insist you have ID, even when ICly you didn't?

No. And If they would do that, I would call it Bad Rp.

Guest John Le Bear

New idea:

Person: Hey you! Stop right there and ID yourself

Me: Okay, okay hold up and let me find the damn thing.

I think its in my bag.

*Bear takes off his backpack and begins to rummage around*

(throughout this searching action mumble things like "is this it" and "hmmm where is it")

-spend 2 minutes looking for it-

Okay its not in there, maybe its in my pockets.

*Begins to open his pockets and searches around*

Here it is!

*Puts his hand into his pocket and pulls out his fist forming a middle finger and holds it up to you*

middlefinger.gif

Now you need to quickly run away, break line of sight, then hide in a bush. This should be enough to stop them asking for ID constantly :D

• Sapphire

I love this gj

• MVP

My character just doesn't carry ID any more. He had one still at one point before he got scared during an encounter with the CLF. He didn't want them to find him so he ditched the ID and changed his clothes. I don't ever plan on getting some form of identification either.

I actually had to change my skin recently because the skin had an ID card clipped to the vest. Plus, I also wanted the skin I have now for a while.

I ID most people considering that I represent a military clan and I am CR of altar, but if someone doesn't have ID I usually deal with it. Also I don't ask "show me your ID" I ask "Do you have any photo ID on you?" I personally think that is a difference.

From now on when people ask me for ID I will type "*Shows Bob Jones' library card"

• Sapphire

I ID most people considering that I represent a military clan and I am CR of altar, but if someone doesn't have ID I usually deal with it. Also I don't ask "show me your ID" I ask "Do you have any photo ID on you?" I personally think that is a difference.

From now on when people ask me for ID I will type "*Shows Bob Jones' library card"

I understand if CR's want to know who's in their settlement, but I mean when say you run into someone in Stary Sobor, and they're like "Hey....can I see some ID??"

• Sapphire

As a "hobo" when people ask me for ID I just give them a tin can as a peace offering and just keep going. And when I say give I mean throw.

• Sapphire

As a "hobo" when people ask me for ID I just give them a tin can as a peace offering and just keep going. And when I say give I mean throw.

I want to witness this.

• Emerald

The only place where it makes sense are the settlements where the CR's want to know who are in the settlement. In other places it makes no sense and is annoying if everyone you meet in the supermarket starts handing out IDs or requesting them, also if they simply type "ID". It's been over a year since the apocalypse and things have gone to shit, there are no governments that enforce IDs anymore but yet people have become police officers that require to see this. Even though most of us carry some sort of identification with us all the time in RL but it's only asked from us in certain situations not every time I meet someone new.

But then again if someone asks for id, those who answer with "ID" should have their characters reseted.