Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 05:46

Are You Waiting For The Servers To Fill Up?

Are you being as nerdish as me and refreshing the server list every half an hour to see if it's getting more populated?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I've been wanting to make a small thread for a while now, just to ask the question - how many of you are currently waiting for the servers to fill up so you can log in & have great times?

I understand how incredibly no lifey this is, but I do wonder how many [iF ANY] people are sat refreshing the server list half hourly!!

I just want to know for this time of day, so in 2ish hours i'll destroy the thread!

Cheers!!

I'll leave this below and ask the question; do you ever get put off about logging in when you see 5-20 people online? Do you prefer to wait and refresh on occasion rather than logging in?

''QUOTE - I don't think he mean the struggle of logging in. Obviously it's always more enjoyable to instantly be able to get in, rather than sitting 20-30 minutes, spamming enter.

He means the joy of playing when the server is more populated - more player interaction. Not a lot of people like to log in when there's only 5 people on the server, as they have a minimal chance of actually meeting someone (which is the point of playing for many), and therefore wait for it til 'fill up'.

But imagine 60 people, all waiting to log in until it get populated. If they all knew that there was 59 others, sitting there just waiting - they could all just log in and populate the server themselfes - End Quote''

• MVP

Waiting for the servers to be...full? I pray to god everytime its time to play that they're NOT full. I mostly get playtime at the peak hours, so usually both S1 and S2 are filled to the brim.

And then you have to sit and refresh just to get a slot, rather then to wait for there to be people. Not sure what timezone you're living in, but I wanna move there.

Well, I mean, I just log in at anytime, sit in Altar and if there's no-one around, alt tab and go onto the forums, never wait for it to fill up, because you're only preventing it from filling up, eventually a big clan will log on, and you won't have a spot

I generally just don't think 15-30 is enough people online for any form of real interaction other than popping into settlements where those 15-30 are!

The main reason i'm interested in seeing a random figure of people 'waiting' like me, is because if we pull a decent number of people... Why don't we all just decide to log in? Ha ha!

• MVP

Sorry, it just struck me as a weird question because right now both S1 and S2 are horribly overcrowded(at most times). :D

But there's nothing weird wanting people to interact with. You've definetly come to the right place for that. :D

I meant specifically around this time, Tomeran, usually around this time it is 15-30 persons 'max' on each server, and as previously said, I am wondering if there's a good few people waiting for more people to log in before they themselves log in... And if so... LET'S ALL JUST LOG IN!

When i was running around as a lone wolf for a week or so i got on at anytime whether there was 2 or 60 . Being in a clan is a little different, is a little harder to run around on your own as people can take advantage of that and take you hostage, or kill you knowing there is no backup .

• Emerald

I wait that there are enough people so there is a small chance to run into someone, whatever it's bandit or not. I don't enjoy running between the barracks hoping to find good loot on an empty server. Other DayZ mods are for that and I personally hate those players who simply run around hunting good loot.

• Emerald

Waiting for the servers to be...full? I pray to god everytime its time to play that they're NOT full. I mostly get playtime at the peak hours, so usually both S1 and S2 are filled to the brim.

And then you have to sit and refresh just to get a slot, rather then to wait for there to be people. Not sure what timezone you're living in, but I wanna move there.

I don't think he mean the struggle of logging in. Obviously it's always more enjoyable to instantly be able to get in, rather than sitting 20-30 minutes, spamming enter.

He means the joy of playing when the server is more populated - more player interaction. Not a lot of people like to log in when there's only 5 people on the server, as they have a minimal chance of actually meeting someone (which is the point of playing for many), and therefore wait for it til 'fill up'.

But imagine 60 people, all waiting to log in until it get populated. If they all knew that there was 59 others, sitting there just waiting - they could all just log in and populate the server themselfes :)

I don't think he mean the struggle of logging in. Obviously it's always more enjoyable to instantly be able to get in, rather than sitting 20-30 minutes, spamming enter.

But imagine 60 people, all waiting to log in until it get populated. If they all knew that there was 59 others, sitting there just waiting - they could all just log in and populate the server themselfes :)

Precisely, I've been awake for 30 odd hours and I thank you for wording it much better.

• Sapphire

I generally log in when ever and just sit around pobeda singing to myself until something happens.

Until I save your life once again with my CZ550 from zombies trying to murder you<3

Guest John Le Bear

Sometimes i get up early on a morning so i can play with 10-20 people just because its nice to get online without spamming enter over and over.

So to answer your question, no, i dont get put off, in fact i become overjoyed to see the server only have a handful of people.

I have also found the better roleplayers are online when there is few people on the servers.

• Sapphire

I generally don't mind. If there's no one around I'll RP with myself as just trying to scavenge and survive. It helps too if the server is a bit aged and there's dead bodies around so I can play "detective" a bit. I make the server my playground, even if I'm the only one in it.

• Emerald

There're not a lot of people around during my time. Why do I have to be American :/.