Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:29

Hope to join you all soon

• Legend

This should be in the joining/leaving area. But The best of luck lad!

sure if it will help.

Who was I to say no? I mean my wife of 15 years had always had a heart 3 times the size of anyone I had ever met. Her love of supporting our deployed troops and donating to relief efforts made her happy. When she asked to go on a humanitarian trip of goodwill to an area stricken by some unknown sickness who was I to say no, I could not however let her go alone. Somewhere in war stricken Russia did not sound hospitable and I wanted her to be safe. Once we arrived we were floored by what we saw. An infection for which there seemed no hope. We tried to help as people fled the countryside. We ignored the UN orders to evacuate. We had a hired pilot who promised to come and get us but when he did not return we feared he had been hit with this plague as well. It soon became obvious we were on our own to get back to our family in Virginia. We could only hope that they were ok and that this new sickness had not spread to the US. The nights were cold and the lack of food drove us into a small village to get supplies and seek shelter. While gathering food and water from an abandoned home I noticed my wife walking out the door asking someone if they needed help. I picked up a small revolver laying on the floor and began walking to see what was going on. She approached the person who was staggering in the street. This person or thing attacked my wife and I shot. It got up and came towards me and I shot it 4 more times in the chest, it never stopped. With only one bullet left I took aim and shot right into its head, only then did it drop. I ran to my wife’s side and held her but she was already gone. Why did she have to be so damn nice? Why did she feel the need to help everyone she saw? Here I am, alone and wondering a wasteland infested with zombie like creatures. I feel I must try to survive. This is where I buried my wife and it is here I will stay.

• Legend

Moving to Joining/Leaving