Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 21:26

Killing / Escaping the bandits

I just want to here your stories about a time when you were being robbed and you put the shoe on the other foot and ended up escaping or killing the bandit scum lol, I'll go first.

A couple days ago I logged on near stary sobor to find a man with a pistol throwing flairs at a helicopter and I greeted him and went on my business, well while I was in a tent I had my crowbar equipped and I heard him say "nice backpack, go ahead and put in on the ground" but he didn't know I had an mp5 and I was looking right at him so I went into my gear and quickly equipped it and lit his ass up, that's the first time in my week of playing where I have done anything like that and it's the best feeling in the world. So let me know!

Guest Feerless

Me and a buddy were in a church while our sniper overwatch was afk, another civvy was in the church aswell. Some guy just runs in nobody notices him but me I guess. I greet him with a confused hello and I think I asked him his name, then he gets on the podium and says alright this is how its gonna work, your gonna drop your weapons. And then I just sprayed my rpk into his chest... We all started laughing and saying what a dumbass and then we checked his body and no ammo...

• Emerald
then he gets on the podium and says alright this is how its gonna work' date=' your gonna drop your weapons. And then I just sprayed my rpk into his chest[/b']...

Did you just tell a story about how you killed someone prior to them stating consequences? As I understand it, "Drop your weapons!" doesn't grant you KOS rights. He needed to state consequences before you shot him, therefore, I believe you'd have been guilty of KOS in that situation.

So... maybe not the best story to tell in here. :P

then he gets on the podium and says alright this is how its gonna work' date=' your gonna drop your weapons. And then I just sprayed my rpk into his chest[/b']...

Did you just tell a story about how you killed someone prior to them stating consequences? As I understand it, "Drop your weapons!" doesn't grant you KOS rights. He needed to state consequences before you shot him, therefore, I believe you'd have been guilty of KOS in that situation.

So... maybe not the best story to tell in here. :P

Nope, he was well within his right to shoot him..

• Emerald
Nope' date=' he was well within his right to shoot him.[/quote']

I see. So... you don't have to state consequences in order to be shot?

That's funny, since this is the subject of countless reports that go against the person who failed to wait for consequences before they lit people up.

I'd be careful about pushing the idea that "Drop your gun!" is enough to kill someone.

• MVP

Zero and I got robbed in Polana town. He gets killed by them as they think he is not complying.

I end up chatting to them and stalling for time, meanwhile tons of zeds were running into the building. As the bandits kill the zeds, I take the opportunity to blast them with a few bursts of my AK and manage to survive escaping with two full sets of high end gear.

[video=youtube]

I then proceed to glitch on a fence and get killed...

• MVP

The only time I've succesfully escaped from bandits was from my time in CLF.

CLF was suppose to have a meeting with a group. Meanwhile me and deadantelope(I think it was him at least) were flying in an LB and scouting around the area. We saw a large group heading east and notified the rest of the CLF of the movements. But restart was imminent, and we had to land the LB nearby. Seconds after the restart, two guys showed up at our location(we called it in), they eventually got reinforcements and initiated, and took both me and deadantelope captive.

Fortunetly CLF were quick to respond and set up an ambush against our captors as they were moving and interrigating us. Fortunetly they only moved us like 200 meters from where we were initiated on, so we were easy to find. :D

What followed then was the mother of all firefights with probably 30+ people involved. The sight of 8+ guns going off at the exact same time in the darkness was awesome.

Both me and deadantelope made a run for it. Only I made it, and I was wounded in the process. :D

I was later killed as I accidently walked back into the firefight, but I still count it as one of a case where I managed to escape. :D

• Emerald

Long time ago, Mr. Boris from S-GRU tried to rob me at the NWAF Barracks, while I had a M240 pointed at him. Didn't turn out too well for him and legged it into the night afterwards before his friends turned up and ruined my day.

Well, guess i'm going to go join in with ya'll:

I met a Free Medic in the NWAF, we played together almost all day, went all the way down to the coast and then back up the NWAF and everything. When we went down to Elektro to get some medical supplies, we found two guys inside the hospital: Alex, he said he was in a clan called Lone Wolf, and a russian guy, said he was in the clan DogPig. All good until we got in a industrial barn right outside of Elektro. Another guy rushed in, apparently he was from India, judging by his accent. Alex had to log out because he was glitched or something, and while he was logged off, the russian and indian guy robbed me and the free medic. When Alex logged back in, they robbed him too. Lost my backpack, M16 ACOG, CZ550. And i have to admit, i was pretty pissed we got robbed by two people with a Mosin Nagant and a Lee Enfield. Me and Alex agreed to go kill the two guys who robbed us, since they said they were going to setup a roadblock and we weren't allowed to follow them (Oh, really?). We grabbed our rifles and went to the big mountain between Cherno and Elektro, since we heard gunshots coming from over there. Alex had a few nades he got from the free medic, a Lee Enfield and i had my Mosin with 9 bullets. When we got there, Alex told me he was going to throw some nades at them, and when i heard the explosions, it was time to shoot. Alright, i laid down, and waited. I heard ALOT of gunshots, and one explosion. I started shootin', killed one guy, lost visual of the other 2. The guy i killed was the indian, after i killed him i repositioned, and while i was going up the mountain, what a pleasant surprise i got. That russian bastard sitting right there, behind a rock with my beautiful CZ550, trying to spot me. My heart just started racing, we were face-to-face, and my character did that stupid sidestep animation. When my character did that, i just thought: "Well, there we go, i'm dead." -BUT! When i was doing the animation, i managed to get a shot off, straight into the man's head. He fell dead infront of me, and i grabbed my gear back. I got my CZ550, laid down and started shooting. Bang, second guy dead. Bang, third guy dead. But later i found out the shots i heard before the grenade explosions were actually the ones that killed Alex. I went back to the Free Medic with our stuff, and we happilly went on our ways.