Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 13:02

Oppions on the Saiga 12k

Valkerion

• Sapphire

Ok so i love the Saiga 12k.

Its loud , its intimidating ,its fire rate is ridiculous and its damage per slug is very high (can someone confirm the actual damage per slug?).

And in situations where your able to move from cover to cover and flank people there are few that can survive this kind of weapon which is why i love the thing (I would love to see peoples face when they hear this thing go off near them).

What are your opinions on this weapon because everyone tells me its crap and i should just use an AK instead but what do you guys and gals think?

• Sapphire

I thought I was the only one who loved the roar it lets out whenever you shoot it.

The weapon is just SCARY as hell and looks quite good too imo, love the weapon.

I too would like to know the DMG it does per slug.

• Sapphire

Shotguns can be very powerful in CQB PVP but the ammo rarity and small magazine sizes make most of them a bad choice for killing zombies. I tend to stay away from them unless I can get a m1014, the pellets and slugs are easy to find for that.

Agreed but i just love this weapon to much

God I can only imagine the chaos the Saiga would cause in PVP if you could get pellets for it.....

Also does anyone know the damage per slug?

• Sapphire

The Saiga rare? I find them all the time, the ammo is quite common too.

You can find the gun and the ammo at places like: Firestations, ACT's, Pubeda Dam (spellcheck?) etc etc.

• Sapphire

You can find the gun and the ammo at places like: Firestations, ACT's, Pubeda Dam (spellcheck?) etc etc.

Yeah i found 3 of them along with 13 mags yesterday at the northwest Airfield there not exactly rare at all

Yeah i found 3 of them along with 13 mags yesterday at the northwest Airfield there not exactly rare at all

The problem is each saiga mag takes up the same space as an ak74 mag, with much less ammo and similar damage. The saiga in normal dayz does 4500 blood damage per slug, not sure if it is different in dayzrp. I think it isn't.

• Sapphire

Well you're right about the capacity 8 rounds feel a bit underwhelming.

• Sapphire

The problem is each saiga mag takes up the same space as an ak74 mag, with much less ammo and similar damage. The saiga in normal dayz does 4500 blood damage per slug, not sure if it is different in dayzrp. I think it isn't.

Indeed perhaps i could bug the mods to add the drum mags too the game for the saiga (if they even exist im sure they do somewhere)

The Saiga is an alright weapon, however inferior to most others. It has a total damage of 6k, however after ~150m the weapon is near ineffective on targets.

It's iron sights are also quite poor making quick aiming difficult and precision unrealistic.

An assault rifle will outdo the Saiga any day. When you consider rate of fire*damage and ease of use, it becomes apparent that the Saiga's short range capabilities are outmatched by the rate of fire of assault rifles.

Guest SignalZer0

The low ammo capacity my biggest problem with it. I would much rather have an assault rifle with better mid range abilities. As far as close range with the assault rifle if you get caught off guard just spray from the hip.

• Emerald

Never used one in RP but they are deadly in PvP if used correctly.

• Legend

same ^ Edit: To the DMR quote

• Emerald

I once took 8 shots from the Saiga 12k, killed the other guy, and lived to tell the tale. I will not be using that weapon haha.

• Emerald

Looks cool and has a serves a decent amount of damage. On a mod with zombies though? I would never use such a loud gun. Try fire it near the Stary-Sobor tents, and you will soon find yourself surrounded with zeds. Against players, it gives away your position very easy, but I guess so does other guns.

Honestly, it's nothing special. It's one of those weapons that may be cool to role-play around with, but for actual combat or zombie killing, it's not in my top 20.

• MVP

It has that sex appeal (Looks good for a shotgun and the noise is awesome) but other then that, it...sort of sucks.

The ammo is somewhat rare, the damage isnt that good and even the magazine size isnt bigger then a normal shotgun.

It isnt that good in PvP due to it..well..its a shotgun. And in PvE it isnt that good either because it has a decibel rating like a bull in a china shop, and you'll burn through your ammo clips fast fighting hordes of zombies.

If you want a reliable semi-shotgun weapon, go Winchester.

• Sapphire

But... the sound it makes.. ;_;